Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Most Valuable College Basketball Teams - Forbes  (Read 1609 times)

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
Most Valuable College Basketball Teams - Forbes
« on: March 15, 2019, 12:34:52 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2019/03/12/the-most-valuable-college-basketball-teams/#dc6887732252

Marquette at #19, results taken from the 14-15, 15-16 and 16-17 seasons. Pretty good considering those were some questionable years for us.

LAMUfan

• All American
Re: Most Valuable College Basketball Teams - Forbes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:59:47 PM »
Duke and MU the only private schools on the list?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 01:24:00 PM »
So Nova wins 2 titles in 3 years on a smaller budget and less profitable than all those programs. Go figure.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 01:51:26 PM »
So Nova wins 2 titles in 3 years on a smaller budget and less profitable than all those programs. Go figure.

Crapshoot.  A lot has to lineup not only for your team, but having the right teams lose in the other side of the brackets that can do you harm.  It's not simply linear on what our team does, but what is happening everywhere else.  The 29th game of the first two days may be played 3000 miles away and not in your region and have huge implications for your team's run because that particular team that just got knocked out was a brutal matchup of you, but someone else knocked them off.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 01:52:09 PM »
Duke and MU the only private schools on the list?

+Syracuse

onepost

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 02:13:26 PM »
Crapshoot.  A lot has to lineup not only for your team, but having the right teams lose in the other side of the brackets that can do you harm.  It's not simply linear on what our team does, but what is happening everywhere else.  The 29th game of the first two days may be played 3000 miles away and not in your region and have huge implications for your team's run because that particular team that just got knocked out was a brutal matchup of you, but someone else knocked them off.

Pretty sure he was referring to the fact he was surprised that Nova, despite winning 2 of 3 titles, wasn't as profitable as anyone on the list.
But thank you very much for explaining the very obvious concept of tournament matchups.......

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 02:18:45 PM »
Pretty sure he was referring to the fact he was surprised that Nova, despite winning 2 of 3 titles, wasn't as profitable as anyone on the list.
But thank you very much for explaining the very obvious concept of tournament matchups.......

Pretty sure I was pointing out that winning the title doesn’t mean you are the best team and as great of an accomplishment as it is, there is much luck that goes with it....therefore profitability doesn’t really mean much in terms of how teams do.

Gonzaga is number 1 and played for a title two years....they are not on the list either and likely won’t ever.

You are welcome. 😘
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire