Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hell of a regular season  (Read 20284 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Hell of a regular season
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2019, 06:31:02 PM »
It part of today's generation. Everything is good and we all need to gravitate to the mean.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2019, 06:33:38 PM »
Doc
I have been saying that all year. I get folks being too young to have MU glory days as a reference, but don’t they watch other games? When I watch the elite programs play I realize how much work is left to be done.

We are not a very athletic team and our lack of quickness and poor hands are taking its toll. We need to recruit more athletes.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2019, 06:35:15 PM »
Doc
I have been saying that all year. I get folks being too young to have MU glory days as a reference, but don’t they watch other games? When I watch the elite programs play I realize how much work is left to be done.

No need to drop anything about the glory days in there. If anyone watches the top echelon teams, MU can't hang with their athleticism and physicality. And unlike Bo's UW teams who routinely faced an athleticism gap, this group will not play disciplined enough to succeed.

Need to start recruiting some grown men into the program. These skinny dudes ain't gonna get it done.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2019, 06:35:55 PM »
Fluff
I will do my best to be the kind of fan that “deserves” a good team.

Goose, there aren't many of us that are like we are...don't change a damn thing...let these small minded fans celebrate good regular seasons, never care if MU gets back to elite again, be satisfied with regular tourney appearances, and a few wins in the tourney along the way..that's their prerogative. They conveniently forget how good this program was 7 years ago...they were on the cusp of greatness...so now because it's been a dumpster fire, fans look at a season like this as a "success". That honestly makes me sad...really sad.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2019, 06:36:39 PM »
No need to drop anything about the glory days in there. If anyone watches the top echelon teams, MU can't hang with their athleticism and physicality. And unlike Bo's UW teams who routinely faced an athleticism gap, this group will not play disciplined enough to succeed.

Need to start recruiting some grown men into the program. These skinny dudes ain't gonna get it done.

Dat wood bee Buzz, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2019, 06:38:31 PM »
MUfan12
You need talent or a great coach. I suggest Wojo focus on getting big time talent because him becoming a great coach looks like a pipe dream.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2019, 06:39:02 PM »
Fluff
I will do my best to be the kind of fan that “deserves” a good team.

😂😂

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2019, 06:42:44 PM »
Doc

But what you are saying is obvious.  Its a no brainer.  You are stating the sky is blue.  We obviously need more talent.  We obviously would prefer the best coach in the country.  No one wants to wait for that to happen.  But we all have too because that is the predicament we find ourselves in.  Marquette will have to build a program.  It will not fall in our lap.  We will not get lucky.  Wojo is young and inexperienced but building a bright future at MU.  His recruiting which has been good will get better.  His coaching which got better this year will continue to improve. 

You are not a basketball sage stating we are not good enough.  That is Obvious.   To pretend you are the only one who watches great basketball is laughable. 

The growth of the program is fun to watch and the trend is in the right direction. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2019, 06:44:42 PM »
Shooter

Keep dreaming. Wojo a young coach? There are guys coaching in NFL nearly a decade younger than Wojo. Keep making excuses.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2019, 06:46:05 PM »
Serious question.

Who has wojo recruited?  Markus came from Stan.  Sam came because Bo f***ed up, Joey is his brother.  Wojo did get Henry.   Am I missing some others? 

I don’t think he’s a bad recruiter, but I don’t think it has been determined he’s a good recruiter.  I think 2020 will show us if he is, or isn’t.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2019, 06:47:59 PM »
Goose, there aren't many of us that are like we are...don't change a damn thing...let these small minded fans celebrate good regular seasons, never care if MU gets back to elite again, be satisfied with regular tourney appearances, and a few wins in the tourney along the way..that's their prerogative. They conveniently forget how good this program was 7 years ago...they were on the cusp of greatness...so now because it's been a dumpster fire, fans look at a season like this as a "success". That honestly makes me sad...really sad.
Oh good you're alive

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2019, 06:53:15 PM »
Shooter

Keep dreaming. Wojo a young coach? There are guys coaching in NFL nearly a decade younger than Wojo. Keep making excuses.

Add more to the board than constantly saying we are not national championship caliber team.  Again, obvious.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2019, 06:58:22 PM »

100 perc agree

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2019, 06:59:13 PM »
Add more to the board than constantly saying we are not national championship caliber team.  Again, obvious.

Actually, fair enough.   If we do not get a huge hall recruiting wise in 2020 do we fire him?  I gues that’s the question because next year will be good enough I’m the administrations eyes.

Goose I do respect your opinion.  Just frustrated with negativity.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2019, 07:03:20 PM »
But what you are saying is obvious.  Its a no brainer.  You are stating the sky is blue.  We obviously need more talent.  We obviously would prefer the best coach in the country.  No one wants to wait for that to happen.  But we all have too because that is the predicament we find ourselves in.  Marquette will have to build a program.  It will not fall in our lap.  We will not get lucky.  Wojo is young and inexperienced but building a bright future at MU.  His recruiting which has been good will get better.  His coaching which got better this year will continue to improve. 

You are not a basketball sage stating we are not good enough.  That is Obvious.   To pretend you are the only one who watches great basketball is laughable. 

The growth of the program is fun to watch and the trend is in the right direction.
Tired of hearing we are trending in the right direction and excuses for Wojo. This season's ending meltdown collapse is all ALL , ALL, ALL ON WOJO. He has had 6 years and continues to crap all over the place. Sayanora.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2019, 07:03:47 PM »
Preseason, most Marquette fans would have gladly signed up for 23-8 (12-6), 2nd in the Big East, 5-6 seed on the way.

We fail to win a game in the BE tourney next week -- very possible and even likely now -- and enter the NCAA on a five game losing streak, we could be in one of those very tough 8/9 matchups. NCAA selection committee does not reward fading teams.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:08:53 PM by WarriorHal »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2019, 07:05:23 PM »
Shooter
Facts are facts. What you feel is negativity is your call. I am not going to break down every player, say the next game is biggest of the season or forecast a 12 man rotation for “next season”. I live in the real world and try to be a fair judge.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2019, 07:08:03 PM »
Tired of hearing we are trending in the right direction and excuses for Wojo. This season's ending meltdown collapse is all ALL , ALL, ALL ON WOJO. He has had 6 years and continues to crap all over the place. Sayanora.

This is it exactly...it is all on him and he says as much himself...yet what has he done to fix this spiral they have been in?? NOTHING...not a damn thing...sadly, it's because he is too clueless to know what to do. FIX IT...or MU needs to find someone that can/will.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2019, 07:18:20 PM »
Let’s not start this narrative.  We have plenty of experience.

#216 in experience nationally. We're young. <hides>
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2019, 07:22:51 PM »
#216 in experience nationally. We're young. <hides>

😂

“I don’t know, I think this slump should all be put on me.” 

“I mean, we’ve had to play Villanova and Xavier twice, and I don’t know, we haven’t shot more free throws then the other team at all this year.”

“But I don’t make excuses. So if the pitch forks want to come out, write about it”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2019, 07:23:02 PM »
Taking 2nd in the Big East is nothing to brag about this year, if we're being honest.  Especially when, IMO, we probably have the best roster in the league from a collective talent/experience standpoint.  Not too mention the fact that all we needed to do was win 1 out of the last 4 to get a share of the conference title.

Not sure what being ranked in the top 10 at one point in the middle of the season has to do with anything?  Who gives a crap.  It wouldn't matter even if they got to number 1 if you're not going to hang any banners or win any hardware.

The fact that they're playing their worst at the end of the season is a huge concern.  However, let's see how the postseason plays out.  They would not be the first team in college basketball history to go on a run in the tourney after limping to the finish in the regular season.  If they fail to right the ship and don't win at all in the postseason, it will be a disappointing year in my eyes.

preach!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2019, 09:39:47 PM »
We fail to win a game in the BE tourney next week -- very possible and even likely now -- and enter the NCAA on a five game losing streak, we could be in one of those very tough 8/9 matchups. NCAA selection committee does not reward fading teams.

Clueless. Absolutely, completely clueless.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2019, 09:43:03 PM »
NCAA selection committee does not reward fading teams.
That's not true. Guys like Palm always says they look at your whole body of work. OU and ASU would never made it last season if that was the case.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2019, 10:27:11 PM »
Clueless. Absolutely, completely clueless.

What do you think our floor is? 6? Could it drop to 7?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2019, 10:32:44 PM »
It part of today's generation. Everything is good and we all need to gravitate to the mean.

I’m a 56 year old man who owns runs his own business and have done so for 20 years. I understand the difference between short term setbacks versus long term problems.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback