'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fore!  (Read 23847 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Fore!
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »
I thought we played pretty decent today. Gtown was just better today. Definitely got zero favors from the officials down the stretch. Gtowns offense was getting it into the lane, flailing and getting the call.

Free throws mattered today. Big time.

Turnovers we’re much improved, but a few daggers late.

Team just hasn’t been clutch last few weeks after winning a ton of close games throughout the season. It’s a bummer but it is what it is at the point.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2019, 04:02:07 PM »
Strange that our turnovers and offense did not cost us this one.

It was the defense today.

It was absolutely the offense that lost it

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2019, 04:02:24 PM »
We could not guard Akinjo or McClure.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »
If his wrist is not OK he should stop taking bad shots.  He has always taken bad shots but made a lot of them anyway, but the last few games his bad shots do not go in.

He wasn't taking bad shots.   He has nearly stopped shooting the step back 3.   He is missing the tear drops and the lay ups and the free throws.    IMO, the fact that he is only taking and missing the open 3's is an indicator of an unreported injury.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2019, 04:02:44 PM »
Hopefully, the turnover issue is now fixed. If so, this team can still make some noise in the tourney. My prediction, Elite 8 if they keep turnovers in single digits.

I'll have whatever you are smoking

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2019, 04:03:07 PM »
If this team cant win with 5 turnovers they aint gonna beat little sisters of the poor.

Season is over.  Put your paper bags on your heads and hope for the best yet another

“Maybe next year” mentality. 
How long will this program be ok with that. 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2019, 04:03:21 PM »
I think its the worst loss in Wojo era.  Chance to win a co-title, 11 point favorites, at home on senior day and played a team that lost by 30 to Depaul, who starts two freshmen guards who outplayed our best guards by a long shot.  You can use all the excuses in the world, but that was the worst.

10 missed free throws.
Only 5 turnovers
MU out rebounded them on offensive boards 15 to 6
AND STILL LOSE?  Offense, its Markus dribbling around the key and thats it.

Markus turnover at end, along with two loose balls not collected lead to 7 points.  Death.

Markus in last two games is 10 for 36(27%) from field and Sam went 2 for 11 today.  MU missed 11 of its last 14 shots. 

From a three seed to maybe a 6 in a week. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2019, 04:03:40 PM »
There is a lot of work still be done to get this program to elite status. Anyone that believes that major progress has been made over the last five years is kidding themselves. Take away a couple of wins they stole, and this is a bubble team in year five.

Everyone here wants MU to win to high level and I believe that, but simply wanting it is not good enough. This team is exactly what I believed it would be going into the season.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2019, 04:04:15 PM »
Depaul beat this team by 32. This is an abysmal loss.

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2019, 04:04:38 PM »
I think its the worst loss in Wojo era.  Chance to win a co-title, 11 point favorites, at home on senior day and played a team that lost by 30 to Depaul, who starts two freshmen guards who outplayed our best guards by a long shot.  You can use all the excuses in the world, but that was the worst.

10 missed free throws.
Only 5 turnovers
MU out rebounded them on offensive boards 15 to 6
AND STILL LOSE?  Offense, its Markus dribbling around the key and thats it.

Markus turnover at end, along with two loose balls not collected lead to 7 points.  Death.

Markus in last two games is 10 for 36(27%) from field and Sam went 2 for 11 today.  MU missed 11 of its last 14 shots. 

From a three seed to maybe a 6 in a week.

6????? Probably a 7 at best now

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2019, 04:05:00 PM »
It was absolutely the offense that lost it

Way off.  Thanks for playing though.  We gave up over 120 points per 100 possessions without giving up easy baskets due to turnovers.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2019, 04:05:06 PM »
I honestly thought we played really good defense. Georgetown made a lot of shots I wanted them to take.

We look skiddish on offense. Super disappointed in the last 4 games and blown BE title. But I'm going to try to appreciate the improvement over last year and the fact we return everything from a good team and welcome Koby, Greg and likely Symir.

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2019, 04:06:00 PM »
Way off.  Thanks for playing though.  We gave up over 120 points per 100 possessions without giving up easy baskets due to turnovers.

You are way off

Like you might be the only person saying the offense was good

So yeah, thanks for playing.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2019, 04:06:04 PM »
I'll have whatever you are smoking

Absolutely.  Team is done.  Honestly i would respect a decision to go NIT if the lose forst round beast tourney.  Ya its a crazy idea but they really do belong there at this point. 

Has any ranked team this year gone 4 losses in a row 3 of 4 being unranked teams.????

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »
He wasn't taking bad shots.   He has nearly stopped shooting the step back 3.   He is missing the tear drops and the lay ups and the free throws.    IMO, the fact that he is only taking and missing the open 3's is an indicator of an unreported injury.

Disagree.  On the lateral move 3 pointers with plenty of shot clock left are not good shots.  Tear drops that he has to throw five feet above the basket to get over the defender are not good shots.  Again ball movement stopped once he got the ball his first two possessions back from foul trouble.  He missed 17 shots for goodness sake.  A lot of them were bad shots. 

Also, Sam had a horrendous shooting night, because he took mostly open in rhythm shots and missed them anyway.  OOnly a couple head scratchers from him, if that. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »
Honestly, we played well overall. Controlled the boards, didn't turn it over, got a lot of open looks that didn't go down. Akinjo and McClung played out of their Fing minds, over half their shots had no business going in. If this wasn't the fourth in a four game losing streak I would chalk it up to bad luck and move on. 4 losses is a brutal way to end the season. Watch us win the next four in a row.

Nopr. Nope. Nope. Just all kinds of nope.

We turned a very, very bad corner 3 weeks ago , and we haven't turned back. Wojo has no answers. Markus is sliding , and Sam hasn't stepped up to pick up the slack.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2019, 04:07:50 PM »
Disagree.  On the lateral move 3 pointers with plenty of shot clock left are not good shots.  Tear drops that he has to throw five feet above the basket to get over the defender are not good shots.  Again ball movement stopped once he got the ball his first two possessions back from foul trouble.  He missed 17 shots for goodness sake.  A lot of them were bad shots. 

Also, Sam had a horrendous shooting night, because he took mostly open in rhythm shots and missed them anyway.  OOnly a couple head scratchers from him, if that.
Disagree back.   I can think of 2 shots that he took that, based on what we have seen before, that I wouldn't want him to take.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2019, 04:07:55 PM »
You are way off

Like you might be the only person saying the offense was good

So yeah, thanks for playing.

Did I say the offense was good?  Nope.  Defense cost us this game.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2019, 04:08:01 PM »
If this team cant win with 5 turnovers they aint gonna beat little sisters of the poor.

Season is over.  Put your paper bags on your heads and hope for the best yet another

“Maybe next year” mentality. 
How long will this program be ok with that.
Ok you are insanely over sensitive and emotional about this. Relax. Suns coming up tommor

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2019, 04:08:42 PM »

HIs fade away in the corner was a terrible shot.

HIs wild off balance runner when up 7 that lead to gtown cutting it to 5 was a terrible shot.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2019, 04:08:55 PM »
This team is lost. Wojo is lost. This season is now a mess.

Soo accurate it's scary.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2019, 04:09:48 PM »
Avoided this place like a plague until they pulled out a win, but doesn't look like that's gonna happen again this year.

Absolutely pitiful way to end the season, no excuses just god awful basketball by everyone at some point during the slide. What makes it worse is there was so much optimism throughout the entire season and it all got thrown away at the worst possible time.
Agreed
 Wojo is useless as a coach. Head back to Duke to shine Ks shoes. Let all the exvuse makers make attempts for this alleged coach  because this performance is inexcusable. Sayanora Wojo.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »
Did I say the offense was good?  Nope.  Defense cost us this game.

And you are wrong.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2019, 04:10:58 PM »
Hopefully, the turnover issue is now fixed. If so, this team can still make some noise in the tourney. My prediction, Elite 8 if they keep turnovers in single digits.
How ho ho
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2019, 04:11:13 PM »
I don't understand the love affair this board has with Wojo. I think he is a decent coach not good or great by any means but if you say anything negative everyone jumps on you. What exactly has he done for MU than any other coach outside of him couldn't have done in the same 5 years?

feedback