[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler Board  (Read 8977 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Butler Board
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2019, 04:56:16 AM »
Where's the poster known as bu14?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2019, 06:38:47 AM »
Koom by ahhhh my Lord
Koom by ahh
Koom by ahhhh my Lord
Koom by ahh
Koom by ahhhh my Lord
Koom by ahh
Oh Lord
Koom by ahh
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2019, 06:56:19 AM »
I think this is the point that TSmith was trying to make, that there are some who post nothing but negatives or a vast majority negatives. Just like many would roll their eyes at someone trying to put lipstick on a pig in a blowout loss, many will roll their eyes at those who make dozens of posts criticizing plays and nothing else in a game that we win by double digits.

Personally, I think both the pessimists and the optimists care too much about what the other ones are posting.

I agree.

While watching a game from home, I mutter and stomp my feet for bad plays or bad streaks.  Other folks vent on the game thread.  Not my style, and it has become too negative for me to participate, but I have learned to let it be.

Let it be, oh let it be.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2019, 07:15:23 AM »
I agree.

While watching a game from home, I mutter and stomp my feet for bad plays or bad streaks.  Other folks vent on the game thread.  Not my style, and it has become too negative for me to participate, but I have learned to let it be.

Let it be, oh let it be.

Same.  I used to read them but they no longer hold value for me.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2019, 07:19:08 AM »
I read them after the fact, particularly after victories, for the comedic value.    Almost never during a game anymore.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2019, 07:19:45 AM »
If they have a good record must we all just never point out anything we dont see as good and just say ohhh yay marquette won and sing Koom by ahhhhhh no matter what?? It's a damn sports board. What do you expect what a joke. And correct me if I am completely misreading your post
Nah, not at all.  God knows I've made my share of negative comments out of frustration at times. The entire point of my post was to provide evidence when I said he would fit right in to the Butler board game thread, which was a whingefest of bashing their own players.

A few posters have elevated continuous whining to an art form, and as a result a large majority of scoopers won't even go into the game thread, which is unfortunate IMO. If it was actually dissecting plays or pointing out what went wrong, that would be great, but it is constant complaining about why MU only leads by 10, or one poster who jumps on Wojo if the team falls behind by more than 3 points, then disappears when MU rallies.  Most of the so-called analysis comes down to "Markus iz dum".

I've found that putting four posters on ignore reduces the posts by 50% but the whining by 98%.  But the whining keeps a lot insightful scoopers as far away as they can get from game threads.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2019, 11:20:17 AM »
Yeah, I shouldn't go, but it's a hard habit to break. I don't post much there anymore, except an occasional "we got this."

:)
I just go there after games for a great laugh
Goal is National Championship

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2019, 11:24:11 AM »
I agree.

Let it be, oh let it be.

Skip to 3:25

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cPb8oRJfNpQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cPb8oRJfNpQ</a>
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback