'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: List of concerns  (Read 9959 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: List of concerns
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2019, 08:20:04 AM »
Should have just stopped there. No point in wasting any energy typing anything other than that the next game is the most important. Nothing else matters!!!

Agreed.  Nobody's ever won a National Championship without winning a first round game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2019, 08:40:32 AM »
7.  We will make a deep tourney run, wildly exceeding expectations, and some Scoopers will kill my buzz by still find plenty of things to bitch about.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2019, 08:46:17 AM »
7.  We will make a deep tourney run, wildly exceeding expectations, and some Scoopers will kill my buzz by still find plenty of things to bitch about.

Let me help you with that buzz kill right now:

8. The deep tourney run will make Wojo hot in many coaching job rumors, because of course.

9. We'll lose Wojo and Brian Wardle will be MU's next coach.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2019, 09:16:43 AM »
After their recent poor run, I am now concerned Nova will be desperate for a win and play accordingly.

Also concerned with:
1) Brexit
2) That weird noise coming from the water heater
3) What the hell is this on my neck?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2019, 10:04:12 AM »
The title of this thread reminds me of a something I would get from the Missus.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2019, 10:17:16 AM »
After their recent poor run, I am now concerned Nova will be desperate for a win and play accordingly.

The "desperate opponent" thing is usually overrated. After losing 2 of 3, wasn't Nova "desperate" to beat Georgetown? Butler was plenty "desperate" on Wednesday, no?  We should be just as "desperate" as Nova when we play them again, shouldn't we?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2019, 10:23:23 AM »
Let me help you with that buzz kill right now:

8. The deep tourney run will make Wojo hot in many coaching job rumors, because of course.

9. We'll lose Wojo and Brian Wardle will be MU's next coach.

You forgot one.

10.  Sure we had a deep tourney run, but we didn't win the National Championship, which means our team is a bunch of worthless losers.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:07:25 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2019, 11:43:10 AM »
Marquette, no different than other teams, has some warts.  I think the 3 pages of posts spells them out pretty well.
But the one thing that we do have that no one has does is Markus Howard.  He is like starting a game with an extra ten points.  All things equal we win by 10 points because of what Markus can do.  When we struggle or are having matchup issues Markus canjust go get buckets.  In collge basketball there are very very few guys that can just go get 20 every night, he can get 30 many nights.  That is such an incredible advantage.
Without Markus i think we are a top 40 team. We would have PG issues, 2g is mercurial, we are young at spots, under athletic, etc.  However, because we have a player such as Markus we have what no others have.  This huge difference vaults us into the Top 10-15.  We can go back and look at the Buffalo game, maybe KSU, @ creighton, Butler at home, villanova and im sure quite a few others where if we have even an all conference guard that averages say 16-18 a game we probably lose those games. 
At Georgetown is prolly a pretty good look of where this team is without Markus, yes we won but it was really really ugly and like i said prolly grades us out as a top 40 team but not much higher.
We have some concerns but we also have a massive trump card. Celebrate the contemporary!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2019, 02:24:25 PM »
Marquette, no different than other teams, has some warts.  I think the 3 pages of posts spells them out pretty well.
But the one thing that we do have that no one has does is Markus Howard.  He is like starting a game with an extra ten points.  All things equal we win by 10 points because of what Markus can do.  When we struggle or are having matchup issues Markus canjust go get buckets.  In collge basketball there are very very few guys that can just go get 20 every night, he can get 30 many nights.  That is such an incredible advantage.
Without Markus i think we are a top 40 team. We would have PG issues, 2g is mercurial, we are young at spots, under athletic, etc.  However, because we have a player such as Markus we have what no others have.  This huge difference vaults us into the Top 10-15.  We can go back and look at the Buffalo game, maybe KSU, @ creighton, Butler at home, villanova and im sure quite a few others where if we have even an all conference guard that averages say 16-18 a game we probably lose those games. 
At Georgetown is prolly a pretty good look of where this team is without Markus, yes we won but it was really really ugly and like i said prolly grades us out as a top 40 team but not much higher.
We have some concerns but we also have a massive trump card. Celebrate the contemporary!!

I like the way you upgraded Sacar, even if the word doesn't really mean what you think it does.

Seriously, I'm not punking you. I appreciate your willingness to admit you were very, very wrong about him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2019, 02:40:38 PM »
But the one thing that we do have that no one has does is Markus Howard.  He is like starting a game with an extra ten points.

Markus = Kemba?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2019, 05:46:17 PM »
The "desperate opponent" thing is usually overrated. After losing 2 of 3, wasn't Nova "desperate" to beat Georgetown? Butler was plenty "desperate" on Wednesday, no?  We should be just as "desperate" as Nova when we play them again, shouldn't we?

Agree - I'd much rather play a team in a slump than one on a roll.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2019, 09:31:25 AM »
You forgot one.

10.  Sure we had a deep tourney run, but we didn't win the National Championship, which means our team is a bunch of worthless losers.

Hey, some of us true fans just have high expectations.  If you find joy in mediocre results, such as a final four... that's your choice.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2019, 10:15:06 AM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2019, 10:37:39 PM »
Ahem
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.