[Today at 09:03:13 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Nike, Hey?  (Read 4810 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Nike, Hey?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 03:05:21 PM »
Is it true he had worn the same shoes for every game this season?   If so, the blowout makes more sense.

Even so, the odds that it happens 30 seconds into the game.... mmm mmmm mmmmm.
\
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 03:27:43 PM »
Sew, maybee UNC payd off a Dook manager ta damage da shoo just ta get Zion outta da game, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 10:33:00 PM »
Nike stock up 1% today, nearly double the S&P 500's gain. Stock is only about $1 lower than its all-time high.

It gained after the Kaepernick ad, too.

Great companies are resilient.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2019, 08:22:06 AM »
Mentioned elsewhere, but yes, it was LA Gear.    I think MU was a Pony school for a bit while I was there.

Pony. Those were the spikes we wore for our high school baseball team.

Wait, did I say high school?? I'm sorry. I meant to say our "elite east coast prep school." You know , like Phillips Exeter and Andover and what not. Great weekend parties and what have you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2019, 10:27:53 AM »
Sew, maybee UNC payd off a Dook manager ta damage da shoo just ta get Zion outta da game, hey?

Tom Brady did it!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2019, 04:57:20 PM »
Inside the NBA is the best sports related show on TV.  Just unfiltered hilarity and insight.  It was amazing then went up another notch when Shaq joined.  He unleashed Barkley even more.

Love Inside the NBA, but I actually find Shaq more annoying than funny.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2019, 09:41:38 AM »
Nike stock hit new all-time high today.

Stuff like Zion's shoe and Kaepernick ad are what seasoned investors call "noise."

Noise makes stock prices go up or down short-term. More long-term, fundamentals rule the day.

Oh, and I agree with Chitown about Shaq. His almost incoherent mumblings add very little to the TNT show IMHO. I do like Chuck, Kenny and Ernie, though.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 10:29:48 AM »

Stuff like Zion's shoe and Kaepernick ad are what seasoned investors call "noise."

Noise makes stock prices go up or down short-term. More long-term, fundamentals rule the day.

Oh, and I agree with Chitown about Shaq. His almost incoherent mumblings add very little to the TNT show IMHO. I do like Chuck, Kenny and Ernie, though.

Those little kids and sweatshops are just cranking out the products these days....I hope they are getting $15 an hour....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 12:29:44 PM »
Those little kids and sweatshops are just cranking out the products these days....I hope they are getting $15 an hour....

Your outrage about this has led you to buy zero products from Nike or any other company that operates similarly, correct?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 02:02:08 PM »
Your outrage about this has led you to buy zero products from Nike or any other company that operates similarly, correct?

Nope, because I’m not outraged by it (wage part) for the same reason you continue to watch NFL games, watch NCAA games, even though railing on them.

Do I want kids working?  No.  How much is that happening now?  I have no idea, but from reports it seems to have been stopped for the most part.  Exceptions should be dealt with and violators punished. On the wage front, some of these jobs are paying more in that country then most.  Market rates.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:06:52 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »

There is little doubt that Zion will be will Nike for a long time. He will make them a lot of money. Obviously, he will make himself a lot, as well. The blowout will only increase the haul.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2019, 04:20:39 PM »

Cheeks .... here's an issue upon which we agree (though your claims of Nike employing child labor are vastly overstated). Regardless, it seems we both believe that it's wrong for big Western corporations like Nike to exploit low-skilled labor in emerging and poor nations for the sake of profit.
What do you think should be done about this?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »
Nope, because I’m not outraged by it (wage part) for the same reason you continue to watch NFL games, watch NCAA games, even though railing on them.

Ah. Just standard goalpost-shifting to an issue that wasn't discussed and had nothing to do with the conversation. Got it.

I enjoy NFL games, and I'd welcome you showing examples of me being "outraged" by the NFL.