2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

[Paint Touches] Shaka reaffirms MU commitment by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 15, 2024, 07:07:35 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Torn meniscus  (Read 2668 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Torn meniscus
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2019, 11:38:44 AM »
There are degrees of tears.  Mine was, to quote the surgeon, 'garden variety' and 'routine'.    Plus, I can be a stubborn SOB when it comes to injuries.  So, shoveling 30 hours later, firefighting 2 weeks later.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2019, 07:09:56 PM »
As long as we are speaking of tears, what about gluteal muscles-it feels like a deep tear in the left cheek

About a month ago, Slipped on ice, before falling caught myself, but felt a pop followed by a deep very distinct burning pain in my left gluteus maximus.  The initial pain almost made me pass out, then very sore, walking was ok but very calculated.  More difficult to sit for extended periods, could not reach down to put a left sock on.  The only good thing that’s come out of it is I think it’s helped my golf game-seriously-it slowed my swing down
   Anyhow, today I can get a left sock on but still pretty sore.  Sitting bothers somewhat, especially longer flights.  My understanding is there is nothing one can really do except try not to aggravate it again like I did the other day snow blowing the driveway and slipping on the ice.  I can use my elliptical just fine however.

Any other remedies?  How long can this thing linger short of total immobilization?

Hey doc, you got a crack in your ass?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2019, 07:19:57 PM »
Hey doc, you got a crack in your ass?

da line of meridian hey
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback