Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I know it's a little late in the year for a lineup change  (Read 9338 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: I know it's a little late in the year for a lineup change
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »
Why not start with Heldt and save them both?

Because Wojo's trying to win games?????
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2019, 04:45:06 PM »
Hard to believe Theo is only a sophomore.  Hopefully next year he will get less of those ticky tacky fouls as his reputation grows as a great shot blocker and a player the fans want to see on the floor.

So...you think that the refs will be less likely to call fouls on Theo, if they think that he's "a player the fans want to see on the floor"?  Hummm

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2019, 04:47:09 PM »
No.  Because of Matt Heldt.   Last night, Theo and Ed got in foul trouble.  I was excited see Matt come in.  No worries.

Yes, but how do you feel when you see Chartouny bounce a pass to Matt in the post?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2019, 10:39:53 PM »
I feel disappointed when Joe bounce passes to any of the 3 in the post. Joe didn’t get the memo.......there is a reason they are open and always single covered.....they are bad with their back to the basket. I’d take Matt over the others in that regard.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2019, 10:44:00 PM »
Yeah, you're right.  My memory was a little foggy on that but I knew someone would set the record straight.

Theo had a key block against Georgetown though.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2019, 10:50:38 PM »
Quote from: BrewCity83link=topic=57880.msg1092567#msg1092567 date=1550183878
Yeah, that works if Nova calls timeout.  But if both Theo and Ed are on the bench because we have our good free throw shooting big on the floor, what if Nova decides to play on to exploit our lineup?
But, they didn’t. The example you referenced wasn’t a hypothetical. It actually happened. They called a TO and Ed was in the game.
I get your point. I think you do you best to keep the ball in the hands of HHH. If you can do that, keep Theo and Ed in for D.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2019, 06:10:03 AM »
Yes, but how do you feel when you see Chartouny bounce a pass to Matt in the post?

That it is late in the game and the win is in the bag.    Or....... man, foul trouble sucks. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »

I feel better than when he bounces a pass to Ed or Theo, because at least with Matt, it has a chance to come back out to the perimeter. Not so much with the other guys.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2019, 09:46:02 PM »
muguru I've been thinking about this on and off since you posted this.  Joey is really getting attacked defensively and his offense has stalled.  Watching tonight, they performed defensively much better without him on the floor but haven't lost much offensively. Joey might be better with less minutes at this point.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow