collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Super Bowl commercials  (Read 2379 times)

tower912

• All American
Super Bowl commercials
« on: February 03, 2019, 05:50:52 PM »
'Vegan dinner party'.  'Beet loaf'.   Ha
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
Re: Super Bowl commercials
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »
Bud Light and Game of Thrones.   Nice.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 07:02:42 PM »
I would say the level of commercials is perfectly aligned with the level of offense in the 1st half

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 07:09:55 PM »
NFL 100 commercial was phenomenal.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 07:11:32 PM »
And appropriately, nobody scored.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 07:22:36 PM »
Moon Pie twitter ads.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 09:32:31 PM »
No sweet victory at half time summed up this entire super bowl.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 08:07:50 AM »
I liked the ad about the importance of the free press in America. But then again, I would!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 07:10:45 PM »
  terrible-stupid-whoever wrote those and/or whoever gave them the go for $$ ought to be fired

the audi commercial?  so someone is going to check out their cars cuz i guy up-chucked a cashew or a toe nail or whatever that was?  swing and a big miss.

what the heck is the wash po doing spending a gazillion $$ for??  a tax write-off? would love to see how many subscribers they may have gained and do the math-yeowwee

saw one with mr peanut...yawn
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 07:14:11 PM »
Mr. Peanut one was pretty funny.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 04:40:04 PM »
I liked the ad about the importance of the free press in America. But then again, I would!

I didn't and like you, I have a Journalism degree.

Didn't understand what the commercial was for. You had an audience of more than 40 million people. Of that group, as someone else posted, maybe 1 percent might be a market for which you would have any potential to appeal. You're better off buying out virtually all of Doreen Genzler's news programs at 6 and 11.

Incidentally, I agree with the concept of a free press but I also believe in the notion of a free and objective press. That ship sailed in the 1980s.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 05:13:51 PM »
"Incidentally, I agree with the concept of a free press but I also believe in the notion of a free and objective press. That ship sailed in the 1980s."

thank you for this dog!  coming from the right source other than us victims gives it more cred my man.  our "press" is doing everyone a huge disservice and i mean EVERYONE-not enough people know that arby's has the meats ?-(
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 09:31:29 PM »
I didn't and like you, I have a Journalism degree.

Didn't understand what the commercial was for. You had an audience of more than 40 million people. Of that group, as someone else posted, maybe 1 percent might be a market for which you would have any potential to appeal. You're better off buying out virtually all of Doreen Genzler's news programs at 6 and 11.

Incidentally, I agree with the concept of a free press but I also believe in the notion of a free and objective press. That ship sailed in the 1980s.

We will agree to disagree, dg.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 07:56:48 AM »
We will agree to disagree, dg.

That’s the beauty of our country.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 04:09:09 PM »

I thought the ad itself was well done, and I completely support the a free press as critical defenders of democracy.

But I doubt the ad did anything to change minds. People who thought the press was biased or "dangerous" before probably still think so, and people who thought outlets like WaPo and NYT are fair and protect democratic society probably still think that.

IMHO, the only thing the ad might have done was to give a public pat on the back to journalists. Not totally without merit, but kinda self-serving since it was funded by WaPo. It's great if WaPo wanted to spend about $1M to do that, but hope they didn't expect to move the needle on public perception.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 04:23:02 PM »
But I doubt the ad did anything to change minds. People who thought the press was biased or "dangerous" before probably still think so, and people who thought outlets like WaPo and NYT are fair and protect democratic society probably still think that.

Their choice of image for "When our Nation is threatened..." certainly didn't do anything to change the minds of people who tend to think that the press is biased.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 11:51:59 PM »

I thought the ad itself was well done, and I completely support the a free press as critical defenders of democracy.

IMHO, the only thing the ad might have done was to give a public pat on the back to journalists. Not totally without merit, but kinda self-serving since it was funded by WaPo. It's great if WaPo wanted to spend about $1M to do that, but hope they didn't expect to move the needle on public perception.

The only thing I hope is that the money WaPo spent on the ad doesn't come at the expense of salaries for their journalists. Otherwise, I liked the ad and its sentiments.

America needs a healthy, active, free press, now more than ever. WaPo, the WSJ and the NYT (among others) are doing a great job as allies of the American people.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 08:31:39 AM »
The only thing I hope is that the money WaPo spent on the ad doesn't come at the expense of salaries for their journalists. Otherwise, I liked the ad and its sentiments.

America needs a healthy, active, free press, now more than ever. WaPo, the WSJ and the NYT (among others) are doing a great job as allies of the American people.

Concur.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »

Did you see the HBO doc on Jimmy Breslin and Pete Hamill?  I thought it was pretty good, though it felt like it was 85% about Breslin.  It was basically about the importance of the press.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »
Did you see the HBO doc on Jimmy Breslin and Pete Hamill?  I thought it was pretty good, though it felt like it was 85% about Breslin.  It was basically about the importance of the press.

Haven't seen it yet. It's on my list. Breslin was a guy I read growing up, so I'm especially interested.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 07:40:57 PM »
Bud Light and Game of Thrones.   Nice.

What the spot was supposed to be is the better story in my opinion......
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

feedback