[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Latest NCAA outrage - Silvio DeSousa  (Read 2137 times)

Not A Serious Person

• All American
Latest NCAA outrage - Silvio DeSousa
« on: February 02, 2019, 02:25:49 PM »
NCAA ruled that Silvio DeSousa, 6’ 9” reserve for Kansas, who has been held out since October is ineligible the rest of this season and next season.  His crime?  DeSousa is from Angola and his guardian accepted $2,500 without his knowledge.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25902687/ncaa-rules-silvio-de-sousa-kansas-jayhawks-ineligible-2019-20-season

Flashback to 2011

Cam Newton’s  father took $180,000 to steer him to Auburn.  But becuase Cam did not know, no violations were found.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7093495/ncaa-finds-no-major-violations-auburn-regarding-cam-newton

The NCAA is a immoral institution and the sooner it is disbanded the better the country will be.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

SoCalEagle

• All American
Re: Latest NCAA outrage - Silvio DeSousa
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 02:28:22 PM »
Did any of the Kansas coaches know? 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 02:31:15 PM »
I hope i causes kids to stear clear of the known cheaters.  Hopefully the coaches get show causes terminations
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »
I feel badly for the kid but the rule probably changed after Newton. On a positive note he can go to the G-league now and earn a paycheck or if he isn’t good enough to go to the G-league he can take advantage of his free education, room and board and get a degree. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 02:39:09 PM »
NCAA ruled that Silvio DeSousa, 6’ 9” reserve for Kansas, who has been held out since October is ineligible the rest of this season and next season.  His crime?  DeSousa is from Angola and his guardian accepted $2,500 without his knowledge.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25902687/ncaa-rules-silvio-de-sousa-kansas-jayhawks-ineligible-2019-20-season

Flashback to 2011

Cam Newton’s  father took $180,000 to steer him to Auburn.  But becuase Cam did not know, no violations were found.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7093495/ncaa-finds-no-major-violations-auburn-regarding-cam-newton

The NCAA is a immoral institution and the sooner it is disbanded the better the country will be.

Please stop lying.

De Sousa is lucky he isn't permanently ineligible.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 02:48:37 PM »
Superbar.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 03:11:21 PM »
Please stop lying.

De Sousa is lucky he isn't permanently ineligible.

Why?
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 03:22:22 PM »
Do you really believe that Cam had no idea?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 03:34:27 PM »

Flashback to 2011

I mean, you're right that the NCAA sucks, but the Cam comparison doesn't work because after that case, the NCAA closed the loophole that allowed his old man's actions to go unpunished.

A more just outcome of this case would have been to make DeSousa permanently ineligible at Kansas, but allow him to transfer and play elsewhere.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »
 for $2500.00 ???  i think they are misplacing the decimal point a little too far to the left. 
             or
    brother fenny was thinking more in terms of 2500=776,702.45 angolan kwanza(AOA)

don't...don't don't don't don't

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 07:58:53 PM »
NCAA definitely sending Kansas a message and this kid is the scapegoat for bad behavior by grownups including KU staff
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 08:16:26 AM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 10:50:18 AM »

A more just outcome of this case would have been to make DeSousa permanently ineligible at Kansas, but allow him to transfer and play elsewhere.

I think this would be a great idea in general. If teams pay an athlete, they are ineligible at that school, but can play elsewhere. Maybe at most make them redshirt a year at the next school.

It would accomplish two things. 1) Punish the actual offenders (schools) and 2) Give athletes a way to potentially profit.

Say they tell Self, I'll play at Kansas if you give me $100k. When he pays, turn him in and go play at MU.