Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Grimes  (Read 10822 times)

goldeneagle91114

• All American
Grimes
« on: January 28, 2019, 01:33:26 PM »
I know there is still a long way to go in the season. However, after the rankings game out today I really hope Grimes a takes a brief moment to pause and think "hmm, maybe my mom was right about Marquette after all."

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Grimes
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »
I know there is still a long way to go in the season. However, after the rankings game out today I really hope Grimes a takes a brief moment to pause and think "hmm, maybe my mom was right about Marquette after all."

This seems unlikely.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 01:36:24 PM »
They did beat us when fully healthy.

That said I have maintained that I do think he would have been more successful on our roster.

Can’t really blame the guy for choosing to start on the 14 consecutive time Big 12 champs tho(or whatever number it is).
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 01:38:36 PM »
Why?
MU is doing just fine without him and I doubt he's crushed about starting for a blueblood just because MU moved one spot ahead of them in rankings.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 02:00:12 PM »
He's a freshman getting big minutes at one of the most storied, popular, and consistently successful college basketball programs in history. The word "Marquette" has nary crossed his mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 02:02:50 PM »
Fook 'em orr as F*ckin' wood say, " he's ded," hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 02:11:52 PM »

Self has been trying to motivate him and basically said he was half-derrière’in it anyway. No Thanks.

this MU team “has fiber.” -Jay Bilas
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 02:39:26 PM »
Honestly, half a season later, I would rather we had landed Ashton Hagans than Grimes. Unbelievable defender, effective getting into the lane, and a low-usage player that has been happy to defer to teammates. He's been everything for Kentucky that we were hoping to get from Joe Chartouny.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »
Honestly, half a season later, I would rather we had landed Ashton Hagans than Grimes. Unbelievable defender, effective getting into the lane, and a low-usage player that has been happy to defer to teammates. He's been everything for Kentucky that we were hoping to get from Joe Chartouny.

I agree with this 100%. I really love watching him play. He always seems to be in the middle of every defensive rally for that team.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 03:58:02 PM »
Sorry, I'm still just a little bitter about how his whole recruitment went down and had to vent.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 04:24:30 PM »

Related to this. What is really important to MU is a defensive stopper. That is what Sacar has brought. Grimes isn't that defensive stopper right now.

Now obviously, looking at a multi-year time table, I'd want Grimes.

But for this team this year, Sacar is the better fit. Hagans would be ideal.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 04:37:27 PM »
He's a freshman getting big minutes at one of the most storied, popular, and consistently successful college basketball programs in history. The word "Marquette" has nary crossed his mind.
And pay is way better at KU. Seriously.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 04:39:26 PM »
Sorry, I'm still just a little bitter about how his whole recruitment went down and had to vent.

Can you provide a quick summary? I don't follow the recruiting stuff until we land someone, so missed the story.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
Can you provide a quick summary? I don't follow the recruiting stuff until we land someone, so missed the story.

After you provide a copy of mr. grimes diary in which “nary” a mention of Marquette is in it🤷🏼‍♂️
don't...don't don't don't don't

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 05:27:00 PM »

Grimes took a visit to Marquette, but basically spent the whole time telling the team that he was going to Kansas.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »
Grimes took a visit to Marquette, but basically spent the whole time telling the team that he was going to Kansas.

Pretty sure this was unverified. BigDaddy promised us the story when Grimmes is gone.
Maigh Eo for Sam

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 05:46:50 PM »
Pretty sure this was unverified. BigDaddy promised us the story when Grimmes is gone.

True it’s unverified, but lots of people heard similar stories.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 08:55:04 PM »
True it’s unverified, but lots of people heard similar stories.

I think this is one of those cases where the same rumor has been repeated so many times that it has been turned into proof.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 09:07:18 PM »

The only time I ever paid attention to something Bo Ryan said....he was a guest with Terry Boers and Dan Bernstein on the Score, and DB was itemizing all the seniors he had lost to graduation, and Bo stopped him midstream and goes, “people in life are always lamenting what they used to have, whether it’s money, cars, status, etc. Or, in a coach’s case players, recruits, etc. I never did that, won’t do it now, and never will do that. Dan, I prefer to talk about what I have. I want to talk who I have, not who I don’t have.”

We need to talk about this unique bunch of guys we have right here, right now.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 09:30:16 PM »
The only time I ever paid attention to something Bo Ryan said....he was a guest with Terry Boers and Dan Bernstein on the Score, and DB was itemizing all the seniors he had lost to graduation, and Bo stopped him midstream and goes, “people in life are always lamenting what they used to have, whether it’s money, cars, status, etc. Or, in a coach’s case players, recruits, etc. I never did that, won’t do it now, and never will do that. Dan, I prefer to talk about what I have. I want to talk who I have, not who I don’t have.”

We need to talk about this unique bunch of guys we have right here, right now.

Did you really just quote that buck-toothed, phony Bo Ryan IN A POSITIVE WAY on Scoop?  You do realize he's been in hiding for over 3 years because he is too ashamed to show his face in public.

Who's got the Ban Hammer?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:47:33 PM by 94Warrior »

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 10:02:26 PM »
Did you really just quote that buck-toothed, phony Bo Ryan IN A POSITIVE WAY on Scoop?  You do realize he's been in hiding for over 3 years because he is to ashamed to show his face in public.

Who's got the Ban Hammer?

They’re talking on the HolyLandofHoops site right now about why a couple MU-fan posters can’t just be happy to be ranked #10. This is all I was getting at. Who the F cares about Grimes?  You just made my point for me...who the F cares about Wisconsin? Ok, look, I probably hate UW more than you. If you can’t see the relevance of that statement about focusing on us, right now...there’s no help for you. I’ve quoted Al McGuire to friends, family, co-workers probably 5000 times. I quote the Grinch once and I’m persona non-grata. Here...I’ll fix it for you.....

“Congratulate the temporary!”
                           ~Al
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:00:27 PM by NorthernDancerColt »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2019, 10:27:20 PM »
I agree with this 100%. I really love watching him play. He always seems to be in the middle of every defensive rally for that team.

Didn’t we only recruit hagans for about 5 minutes? Just long enough to hear a “no thanks”?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2019, 10:31:17 PM »

Who is this BigDaddy you speak of?

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2019, 10:38:07 PM »

Heard he plays a regular game with KGB, or is it Matt Damon?

Also heard he flopped the nuts, straight.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2019, 10:38:44 PM »

BigDaddy was another user on scoop who had really good inside information. Wojo and Co. are very tight lipped. But bigdaddy had good intel. Then a few users jumped down his throat because something he said didn’t happen and he hasn’t been back.