* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by wadesworld
[Today at 08:56:16 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[Today at 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Joey Repeats As Big East Freshman of the Week  (Read 11536 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Joey Repeats As Big East Freshman of the Week
« on: January 28, 2019, 11:14:36 AM »

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Joey Repeats As Big East Freshman of the Week
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:22:49 AM »
Awesome n deserved!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 11:30:27 AM »
He is good at basketball. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 11:36:08 AM »
Jeez if he keeps improving he may be a 2 and through type player

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 11:36:51 AM »
He is good at basketball.

I agree with this analysis

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 12:03:09 PM »
Jeez if he keeps improving he may be a 2 and through type player

I've never heard that one before, are there others? 

My submissions below to the intelligentsia:
Three and free
Four and out the door
Five and trying to keep the dream alive
O'Tule and make hay

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 12:11:54 PM »
But he can't crack Scoop SOTG...

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 12:47:09 PM »
Absolutely great for Joey, the 2018-19 BE Freshman of the Year.

However, the Big East apparently has become as used to Markus' excellence as Scoop has, because he failed to winBEPOW this week despite averaging 27 ppg and 6.4 apg this week - instead it went to Tayshon Alexander with 22.5/2.5
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 02:31:12 PM »
But he can't crack Scoop SOTG...

Trying to find the link and can’t...but saw an old Bob Knight interview where he tells a story about when he coached Michael Jordan for USA Basketball.

MJ had an amazing 24 pts and 10 rebounds at halftime, and the team was getting too relaxed in the locker room. Knight says he has an idea how to get the other guys’ attention...he makes a beeline to Jordan, who was facing his locker and wiping sweat off,  and goes, “Goddamnit, Michael, didn’t anyone teach you how to set a damn screen?! You didn’t set one freakin screen out there the whole half!”  Knight said MJ looked him directly in the eye and, sure that the others couldn’t see it, cracked a big smile.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

dajudge

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 02:41:21 PM »

However, the Big East apparently has become as used to Markus' excellence as Scoop has, because he failed to winBEPOW this week despite averaging 27 ppg and 6.4 apg this week - instead it went to Tayshon Alexander with 22.5/2.5
Wow
I want a recount!!!

wade_county37

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 01:03:46 AM »

Markus Howard getting Scoop's SOTG treatment. I think they already know he has Big East POY locked up that they want other players to feel appreciated.  ;)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 03:40:22 AM »
Booth if anyone has it locked up.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 03:55:14 AM »

Better scoring? Nope. Better Assist numbers? Nope. Better rebounding? Nope. Better record? Nope. But sure he's got it locked up.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 06:22:58 AM »

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 07:52:07 AM »
Daaayum you dumb
No Finish Line

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 08:15:26 AM »
Better scoring? Nope. Better Assist numbers? Nope. Better rebounding? Nope. Better record? Nope. But sure he's got it locked up.

To be fair, right now Booth's team does have a better record. But your point is well-taken and far superior to the other gentleman's typical shoot-from-the-hip, thinking-not-necessary silliness.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 08:26:29 AM »
To be fair, right now Booth's team does have a better record. But your point is well-taken and far superior to the other gentleman's typical shoot-from-the-hip, thinking-not-necessary silliness.

In the Big East yes, I was referencing overall. But as it is Big East POY I suppose the overall record doesn't matter.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 09:02:24 AM »
From the media, it seems like it’s a race between Markus and Shamorie Ponds.  Haven’t really heard much about Booth.  But with St. John’s falling behind in the standings, we might see other names crop up, Booth among them..
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 09:16:15 AM »
My comment was to demonstrate the absurdity of the previous posts.  Shamorie, booth n marcus have nothing locked up.  The next 6 weeks will go along way in determining who ultimately wins.  And numbers aside it will most likely go to a player on the team that wins the BE title.  Additionally, with all the talk of Shamorie and Markus, Booth has been playing at an incredible level,  shooting a really nice percentage, playing outstanding defense, and has a great assist to tyrnover ratio.
Classic overreaction by the journalist, cant get out if his own way.  The jim acosta of scoop.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 09:25:55 AM »
My comment was to demonstrate the absurdity of the previous posts.  Shamorie, booth n marcus have nothing locked up.  The next 6 weeks will go along way in determining who ultimately wins.  And numbers aside it will most likely go to a player on the team that wins the BE title.  Additionally, with all the talk of Shamorie and Markus, Booth has been playing at an incredible level,  shooting a really nice percentage, playing outstanding defense, and has a great assist to tyrnover ratio.
Classic overreaction by the journalist, cant get out if his own way.  The jim acosta of scoop.

Recent winners include Billy Garrett, Angel Delgado and Henry Ellenson.  All three came from teams with losing records in conference. 

So I don't think standings matter anywhere close as much as you think it does.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 09:35:14 AM »
The past few BigEast POY:
Jalen Brunson, Josh Hart, Kris Dunn, Ryan Arcidiacono, Doug McDermott, Otto Porter, Jae Crowder

all from teams with winning records in conference

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2019, 09:36:20 AM »
My comment was to demonstrate the absurdity of the previous posts.

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 09:40:53 AM »

Seeing as that's only happened 6 out of the 13 years we've been in the league, despite years with co-champions and co-POYs...

Maybe they just pick the best player regardless of team.  And maybe transcendent players put their teams in position to win titles.

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2019, 09:42:37 AM »

Recent winners include Billy Garrett, Angel Delgado and Henry Ellenson.  All three came from teams with losing records in conference. 

So I don't think standings matter anywhere close as much as you think it does.

Those were Freshman of the Year winners.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 09:45:35 AM »
i once knew a man that worked his whole life in a management role, and was widely respected as being an a$$.  in his last year before retirement a co-worker told him he was an a$$ and told him he should just try enjoying those that he worked with...the guy enjoyed work, and his co-workers, so much that he worked another 7 years.  sand-knit, my friend, don't be an a$$.