[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

Shaka interview by Skatastrophy
[September 20, 2024, 05:01:17 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What Do You Expect Our Record To Be On January 27?  (Read 17397 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: What Do You Expect Our Record To Be On January 27?
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 06:49:53 PM »
Beta guys always like the 2nd option as they are used to being a back up.

Yup. You are way more of a man than me. And obviously have way more knowledge than me. It’s always a good thing to lose your backup to a guy who is in foul trouble every game. Only an alpha basketball stud gets it. And only someone who played at the almighty Northwoods Basketball Conference in high school would understand having no competition for minutes is a good thing for a team and their success.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 06:53:01 PM »

Holy crap.

Did you just drop a "beta"? Wow.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 06:56:40 PM »
Of course there is "no reason to lose any of those games." Except look around the effen country at some of the losses suffered by some of the best teams in the nation. There was no reason for those ranked teams to lose, but they did. And there was absolutely no reason -- and no way -- for Creighton to lose that game to Marquette, but they did. Crazy shyte happens in sports. If there were never any upsets, might as well just hand the trophy to the team ranked No. 1 in the first preseason poll.

I'm guessing 3-1, but I wouldn't be stunned by either 2-2 or 4-0. I'd be surprised and disappointed by 1-3, but life would go on. I sure as heck hope they win the two home games, because I want to see wins in person.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 07:08:55 PM »
I fully expect them to go 4-0. I believe that Georgetown will be the toughest matchup on the list followed by Depaul at home.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 07:15:29 PM »
Holy crap.

Did you just drop a "beta"? Wow.

Dude he is all that is man. And I am simply a yes man for the mods. Only alphas get banned from multiple MU basketball websites!

😂😂😂😂😂
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 08:25:18 PM »
Anything between 2-2 and 4-0 will not surprise me.

I expect us to lose at least 1.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2019, 08:37:51 PM »
Dude he is all that is man. And I am simply a yes man for the mods. Only alphas get banned from multiple MU basketball websites!

😂😂😂😂😂

Rec League only guys don’t need backups. No one counts fouls in pickup.

YoungMUFan4

• All American

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2019, 09:18:15 PM »

😂😂😂😂😂

Yet another hallmark of Beta men:  using emojis.

Another hallmark?  Looking for excuses for lack of performance.

In this basketball case, oh no, we lose Ed Morrow and his 13 minutes per game, so therefore we may have a greater likelihood of losing to conference cellar dwellers.

You’d think with Wojo’s big man coaching acumen and focus at Duke, he surely can coach Theo into being less fouls prone, no?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2019, 09:29:41 PM »
You’d think with Wojo’s big man coaching acumen and focus at Duke, he surely can coach Theo into being less fouls prone, no?

I swear it was just a few weeks ago (maybe less) that you talked about Wojo having grown on you since you were mad at him for "shytting on Dawson." Indeed, IIRC, you have come to consider him a good coach with the potential to get even better.

Now, because you're in a spat with some Scoopers, you're taking every opportunity you can to dump on him to prove some kind of point. Very classy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2019, 09:39:48 PM »

In this basketball case, oh no, we lose Ed Morrow and his 13 minutes per game, so therefore we may have a greater likelihood of losing to conference cellar dwellers.

Yeah man you’re totally right. Only an alpha male would understand that it’s GOOD to lose a player that plays meaningful minutes in the court and provides a safety net for a foul prone sophomore. And yeah Wojo totally sucks at developing bigs. Heldt never developed at MU. Theo has gotten worse since he started.

You’re going off the deep end bud. And a Ners deep end is some kind of special.

PS there is nothing more alpha than proclaiming what an alpha you are.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2019, 09:43:18 PM »
I would love to see 4-0.  I think if Morrow is out, Matt can handle the extra minutes on these four.  That said, these are the kind of games that take a lot of focus, as most good teams have a bad tendency to play down to the level of competition.  These teams are the weaker teams in our conference, and they are better than most conference weak teams.  3-1 can easily happen, and 2-2 will be disappointing.  I'm keeping optimistic and going for 4-0. 

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2019, 09:48:55 PM »
I swear it was just a few weeks ago (maybe less) that you talked about Wojo having grown on you since you were mad at him for "shytting on Dawson." Indeed, IIRC, you have come to consider him a good coach with the potential to get even better.

Now, because you're in a spat with some Scoopers, you're taking every opportunity you can to dump on him to prove some kind of point. Very classy.

Yes. I did post something similar to what your wrote above.  Doesn’t change my viewpoint on the particular play in question at Creighton.

Wojo was awful Year 1. Not much better Year 2. Improved slightly in Year 3. Marginal in Year 4. He’s been his best this season. He’s also benefited nicely from Markus Howard going en fuego and putting us on his back with unassisted step back 22 footers carrying is to victory against Buffalo and CU.

The defense is MUCH better. So. There’s been improvement. We are 34 in Pomeroy currently. It’s been a solid season so far.  Yet as I said I’m not going to break out the annointong oil and suggest Wojo is still a good enough coach to get this team to Second weekends on any kind of consistent basis. I suspect we will get bounced in the Round of 32 this year. 

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »
If it could be Jan 27 right now and we could look back and be 3-1 in that stretch, I’d take it. Main point being that any one of those losses would sting in “real time” for me as they all should be wins. Looking at the big picture though, 3-1 in that stretch is acceptable and 2-2 would be disappointing (although we’d still be in a good spot relatively speaking).

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2019, 09:59:59 PM »
Well said. Great to be in a current spot where if we did go 2-2 it’s not killing our season.
I’d take 3-1.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2019, 10:15:53 PM »

What the actual f*ck just happened here? Do we need to get tape measures out to help everyone feel good about their manhood?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2019, 10:23:15 PM »
What the actual f*ck just happened here? Do we need to get tape measures out to help everyone feel good about their manhood?

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2019, 10:26:29 PM »

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 11:37:02 PM »
I'm saying 4-0. Sticking with my preseason prediction until proven otherwise.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2019, 11:59:39 PM »
So not having Morrow to throw at Govan helps MU against Georgetown?

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2019, 05:49:56 AM »
I actually agree with Ners and for years I have wondered why every single coach in the NCAA — from hall of famer to disgrace — has ever played any back up (“beta”) for a single second of any basketball game that wasn’t decidedly out of reach.

I can only assume there exists some dirty, unspoken rule in the deep depths of the labyrinth of society that forces their hands, similar to whatever rule has decreed that Oreo’s must destroy their monopolized legacy with the introduction of ridiculous flavors, like the cotton candy Oreo. Only such deep state antics can be responsible for forcing coaches to play their Beta players even one second.

Wojo has to be sleeping easier knowing that he can now take advantage of the “Beta Injury” exception to the “Must Play Beta Player” rule.

Power to the man.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2019, 06:37:28 AM »
So not having Morrow to throw at Govan helps MU against Georgetown?

You must not have played basketball in high school if you don’t understand this. It’s just basic basketball stuff that true ballers comprehend and baffle band members.

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2019, 06:46:17 AM »
Let's remember that in two games against Georgetown last year Theo John played a whopping 14 minutes and committed 8 fouls.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2019, 08:34:28 AM »
Let's remember that in two games against Georgetown last year Theo John played a whopping 14 minutes and committed 8 fouls.

We're better off without his backup though.  And if Wojo had any clue how to develop bigs this wouldn't be an issue for a sophomore who clearly hasn't developed at all.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2019, 09:14:30 AM »
We're better off without his backup though.  And if Wojo had any clue how to develop bigs this wouldn't be an issue for a sophomore who clearly hasn't developed at all.

Matt Heldt is on the roster.  The kid started a lot of games last year.  He's a Senior.  He's not quite Morrow, but he's serviceable.  Morrow's stats are pretty underwhelming and Heldt isn't much of a drop off.

Look, I understand people are trying to find narratives that might explain why we might lose to Patrick Ewing coached # 95 Georgetown in Year 2 of his tenure, but let's have some freaking expectations of our team in Year 5.

Losing Ed Morrow is NOT losing Theo John. 

Theo has improved a lot, and we can expect him to also improve in his propensity to foul.  I'm counting on Wojo coaching Theo up!

feedback