[Today at 05:29:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton game thread  (Read 18137 times)

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Creighton game thread
« Reply #350 on: January 09, 2019, 09:08:02 PM »
He is not master of his own domain.

He's also the worst.
#fakefan. I genuinely thought he cared more than all of us combined. So let down
No Finish Line

muguru

• All American
« Reply #351 on: January 09, 2019, 09:11:32 PM »
I'm here...I just had to come down after that win...was too amped up to post. Wow, wow, wow...I will gladly eat crow, and celebrate this incredible win. That being said, taking NOTHING away from it, why do they have to make it like pulling teeth?? Just finish it early and let us all have an easy night. I have seen a lot of basketball in my day, but I'm not sure i have ever seen a game like that..I mean all Creighton has to do is throw it in to the three point line and it's over..What a shot by Sam! Markus is so incredible, I just wish he would cut down on his careless TO's, how incredible would he be then?? Wow, wow, wow. I will GLADLY take whatever you all wanna throw my way, after a win like that...now the key is to NOT piss it away with a bad loss to Seton hall or on the road at Georgetown. Love this team.

Edit to add: Now let's be fair here..a vast majority of you beating up on me would have GUARANTEED been part of the "shrug your shoulders" crowd had they lost that game. I get ridiculed for not showing up after wins because I expect them to win, but you all show up passionate less and emotionless after losses and MANY admit "I expected them to lose that game". So why is that ok?? To EXPECT to lose a game, but I get vilified for EXPECTING them to win?? Double standard anyone?? Can't  have it both ways.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:17:35 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #352 on: January 09, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »
Agree with that.  Not sure, did Creighton have the possession arrow?
We did
Goal is National Championship

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #353 on: January 09, 2019, 09:15:39 PM »
Whata game...never over until it’s over.   Wow..  Take it and run....

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #354 on: January 09, 2019, 09:15:45 PM »
now the key is to NOT piss it away with a bad loss to Seton hall or on the road at Georgetown.

This. Not saying this is anywhere near as big of a win when we beat Nova...but when we were riding high off of that we went on to lose to Providence. Let's stay on the right track like after the Louisville game

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #355 on: January 09, 2019, 09:17:55 PM »
There are some amazing posts in this thread.
Calling @OldTakesExposed

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #356 on: January 09, 2019, 09:19:24 PM »
I can’t believe I turned the game off in a rage down 85-82 with half a second left. I don’t deserve to enjoy this victory

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #357 on: January 09, 2019, 09:19:52 PM »
I can’t believe I turned the game off in a rage down 85-82 with half a second left. I don’t deserve to enjoy this victory

Agreed.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #358 on: January 09, 2019, 09:20:37 PM »
This. Not saying this is anywhere near as big of a win when we beat Nova...but when we were riding high off of that we went on to lose to Providence. Let's stay on the right track like after the Louisville game

Win at home, try to get 3 or 4 on the road.  That's the recipe.  Stole one tonight, a game we were not supposed to win, somehow did.

Many tough games ahead, but that was fun. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #359 on: January 09, 2019, 09:21:08 PM »
I'm here...I just had to come down after that win...was too amped up to post. Wow, wow, wow...I will gladly eat crow, and celebrate this incredible win. That being said, taking NOTHING away from it, why do they have to make it like pulling teeth?? Just finish it early and let us all have an easy night. I have seen a lot of basketball in my day, but I'm not sure i have ever seen a game like that..I mean all Creighton has to do is throw it in to the three point line and it's over..What a shot by Sam! Markus is so incredible, I just wish he would cut down on his careless TO's, how incredible would he be then?? Wow, wow, wow. I will GLADLY take whatever you all wanna throw my way, after a win like that...now the key is to NOT piss it away with a bad loss to Seton hall or on the road at Georgetown. Love this team.

Edit to add: Now let's be fair here..a vast majority of you beating up on me would have GUARANTEED been part of the "shrug your shoulders" crowd had they lost that game. I get ridiculed for not showing up after wins because I expect them to win, but you all show up passionate less and emotionless after losses and MANY admit "I expected them to lose that game". So why is that ok?? To EXPECT to lose a game, but I get vilified for EXPECTING them to win?? Double standard anyone?? Can't  have it both ways.

I'll give you massive respect for showing up right now. Still think you're overly pessimistic, but it takes a lot to show up right now. Serious props.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #360 on: January 09, 2019, 09:21:13 PM »
We are going to outlast these guys. The Creighton bench doesn’t have much.
Prophetic.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #361 on: January 09, 2019, 09:22:06 PM »
All fans deserve to enjoy this brother!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #362 on: January 09, 2019, 09:23:40 PM »
Based on how I’ve heard your physical appearance described? Affirmative

LOL

Right here for all to see...Foles and Sherman definitely bigger.  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=56967.msg1056826#msg1056826

Just having fun with you Nickle Dimer

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

StateStreetMission

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #363 on: January 09, 2019, 09:24:14 PM »
I'll give you massive respect for showing up right now. Still think you're overly pessimistic, but it takes a lot to show up right now. Serious props.

Ditto

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #364 on: January 09, 2019, 09:24:26 PM »
I'll eat my crow with a smile on my face. But, i wrote that when I thought the game was over and we had lost. I was following online and had no clue about the full court bounce and subsequent Hauser 3.

That's the spirit.  Well done

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #365 on: January 09, 2019, 09:26:24 PM »
Kind of funny you are calling out people for making posts about the game being over when you turned the game off thinking it was over.

I was calling people out for their negativity waves

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #366 on: January 09, 2019, 09:28:31 PM »

One of my favorite movies...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #367 on: January 09, 2019, 09:29:31 PM »
:o

Was this an advertisement for "DIRECTV NOW"?

It was the app I used in the car to watch.  Descriptive.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #368 on: January 09, 2019, 09:31:15 PM »
One of my favorite movies...

Mine as well.

"We see our role as essentially defensive in nature. While our armies are advancing so fast and everyone's knocking themselves out to be heroes, we are holding ourselves in reserve in case the Krauts mount a counteroffensive which threatens Paris... or maybe even New York. Then we can move in and stop them. But for 1.6 million dollars, we could become heroes for three days."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #369 on: January 09, 2019, 09:36:15 PM »

You gonna create another negative wave post about the dangers of markus howard playing on our team?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #370 on: January 09, 2019, 09:38:46 PM »

Good to have you back.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #371 on: January 09, 2019, 09:40:07 PM »
I still can't believe that happened.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #372 on: January 09, 2019, 09:40:15 PM »
You gonna create another negative wave post about the dangers of markus howard playing on our team?

Would you like me to, or would you like to describe it accurately as we live with the good and the bad with Markus.  Up to you, but I think it was highly complimentary unlike some of the folks here that show up only with losses.  That's the difference.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #373 on: January 09, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #374 on: January 09, 2019, 09:42:27 PM »
Would you like me to, or would you like to describe it accurately as we live with the good and the bad with Markus.  Up to you, but I think it was highly complimentary unlike some of the folks here that show up only with losses. That's the difference.

I'll give you that. Kudos.

feedback