[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Opponents not looking great of late  (Read 90468 times)

HowardsWorld

• All American
Re: Opponents not looking great of late
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2019, 12:56:59 PM »
Rush the court? Are you serious?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2019, 12:57:07 PM »
this is such a pathetic rush.

Also did we rush when we took down UConn in our Big East premier?
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2019, 12:57:27 PM »
It looks better.  I'm guessing MU82's prediction that they are toast becomes a little less crispy, too.  Top high school player in the state at the game, too.  Some people think with their heart, not their brains, aye?

And some think with other organs....

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2019, 12:58:51 PM »
Rush the court? Are you serious?

Why not, they are kids.  Who cares.  Michigan was essentially the #1 team in waiting.....and #2 currently. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2019, 12:59:21 PM »
It looks better.  I'm guessing MU82's prediction that they are toast becomes a little less crispy, too.  Top high school player in the state at the game, too.  Some people think with their heart, not their brains, aye?

journ 101  if ya don't like or dislike something too much, defer
don't...don't don't don't don't

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #280 on: January 19, 2019, 01:01:03 PM »
Why not, they are kids.  Who cares.  Michigan was essentially the #1 team in waiting.....and #2 currently.

Because thats for teams that haven't been there before. Wisconsin was 4 mins away from a National Championship 3 years ago. It's embarrassing imo.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #281 on: January 19, 2019, 01:02:02 PM »
Anyways the way the net rankings love the Badgers this should sky rocket them to a 2 seed.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2019, 01:02:12 PM »
Nice win by Wisky.  Hope they enjoy, because next year they might be cellar dwellers without that fella Happ.  He had 26, 11 bounds, 7 assists and 2 steals. 

They beat the possible #1 in country  at the time and had won 31 of last 32, rush the court, party all night, MU would do the same.  Enjoy it now. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2019, 01:02:41 PM »
Gard loosened up that tie and was cheesing. Think he was feeling some pressure?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2019, 01:03:53 PM »
Congrats to the badgers on their super bowl win. Crowd storm and all...
Bravo!
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #285 on: January 19, 2019, 01:04:09 PM »

I don't have a problem with fans of a big underdog rushing the court. Like you said, they're kids.

But the fact that they were a big underdog just four+ years after back to back Final Fours says a lot about how their fans view the state of the program....

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #286 on: January 19, 2019, 01:04:46 PM »
I'm lost as a 2 point underdog and a program that went to back to back Final Fours, that you storm the court.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #287 on: January 19, 2019, 01:04:59 PM »
this is such a pathetic rush.

Also did we rush when we took down UConn in our Big East premier?

We were beating UCONN that game by as many as 24 points, ultimately won by 15.  Most court rushes I see are when the game is close and you knock off a top team as the energy builds.  Crean's guys destroyed UCONN that game.  With 16 minutes left in the game we were up double digits and never got below that...the energy for a court rush probably subsided.  It was an ass whooping, up 24 with under 3 minutes to play.  The bench let them shave off 9 points at the end.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2019, 01:06:11 PM »
Let kids be kids.  Plus, it is too damn cold to want to leave.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2019, 01:07:44 PM »
journ 101  if ya don't like or dislike something too much, defer

Journalism the last 24 hours has taken another massive hit, not sure what journ 101 even is anymore because journalists certainly aren't practicing it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #290 on: January 19, 2019, 01:09:48 PM »
Because thats for teams that haven't been there before. Wisconsin was 4 mins away from a National Championship 3 years ago. It's embarrassing imo.

Which means half those kids that did it were 14 years old when that happened and don't care, this is their time.  I agree with the act like you've been there before from players and the program / arena, but when you're talking about students (likely drunk), I give a lot of leeway to that group. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #291 on: January 19, 2019, 01:13:14 PM »
Journalism the last 24 hours has taken another massive hit, not sure what journ 101 even is anymore because journalists certainly aren't practicing it.

Good journalists still check sources and report the facts, and there still are plenty of them. But bad journalists certainly exist, and since generalizations are easier than looking case by case, some people make overly broad statements like "journalists certainly aren't practicing it."

Just my $0.02.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #292 on: January 19, 2019, 01:13:32 PM »
I don't have a problem with fans of a big underdog rushing the court. Like you said, they're kids.

But the fact that they were a big underdog just four+ years after back to back Final Fours says a lot about how their fans view the state of the program....

4+ years ago accomplishment means you can't be a 3 point underdog?  Look at how many Final Four teams the last 20 years haven't even made it back to the NCAA tournament the next year and lost plenty. 4+ years ago has nothing to do with this year's team.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #293 on: January 19, 2019, 01:14:53 PM »
Good journalists still check sources and report the facts, and there still are plenty of them. But bad journalists certainly exist, and since generalizations are easier than looking case by case, some people make overly broad statements like "journalists certainly aren't practicing it."

Just my $0.02.

Yes, and good news divisions don't run 24 hours of bad journalists without facts because they want an outcome.  Journalism has really fallen on bad times with clickbait leading the charge, and now actually being used by so called "real journalists".  Truly disturbing.

What are the odds that the cases of "bad journalism" almost always go against one person.  Hmm. It's almost as if they are reporting with their desires with no facts at all.  I'm trying to remember when the bad journalism broke in a positive way.  The odds of that are truly mysterious.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 02:01:42 PM by Cheeks »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #294 on: January 19, 2019, 01:15:00 PM »
4+ years ago accomplishment means you can't be a 3 point underdog?  Look at how many Final Four teams the last 20 years haven't even made it back to the NCAA tournament the next year and lost plenty. 4+ years ago has nothing to do with this year's team.

I don't think 3-points qualifies as a "big underdog." But the fans certainly acted as though they were....

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #295 on: January 19, 2019, 01:15:37 PM »

The energy in that crowd was poor. Pathetic court rush. I'd be a little under enthused as a visiting player.

Contrast that with the atmosphere at Fiserv against Kansas St., Wisconsin, Buffalo.

And for the record, I'm calling the court rush pathetic, because it was low energy and seemed like an after thought, oh yeah...we should wander out onto the court...cause we won.

Have no problem with kids rushing the court in a big win.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:18:34 PM by forgetful »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #296 on: January 19, 2019, 01:18:53 PM »
The energy in that crowd was poor. Pathetic court rush. I'd be a little under enthused as a visiting player.

Contrast that with the atmosphere at Fiserv against Kansas St., Wisconsin, Buffalo.
Kohl Center seemed liked it didn't get going until 6 minutes left. Low scoring game might have something to do with that.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #297 on: January 19, 2019, 01:21:05 PM »

And for the record, I'm calling the court rush pathetic, because it was low energy and seemed like an after thought, oh yeah...we should wander out onto the court...cause we won.

Have no problem with kids rushing the court in a big win.

I like our energy a lot better this year. Winning consistently helps.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #298 on: January 19, 2019, 01:26:59 PM »
Gard bought himself another two years.

Does that mean we become the second best team in the nation?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #299 on: January 19, 2019, 01:29:33 PM »
Gard bought himself another two years.

Does that mean we become the second best team in the nation?
If Gard really bought himself two years it might.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.