[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Providence Injury  (Read 2224 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Providence Injury
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 10:04:02 AM »
It's always unfortunate to see a kid get hurt.  Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 10:13:49 AM »
As mentioned in the Big East thread,  6 weeks is January 22nd. MU plays Providence on January 20th. Could have a huge impact on the game.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 11:22:21 AM »
As mentioned in the Big East thread,  6 weeks is January 22nd. MU plays Providence on January 20th. Could have a huge impact on the game.

I'll be at that game, along with a dozen family and friends, and we'll beat em with or without this guy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 11:24:04 AM »
While I never ever wish ill on a student athlete, as I find that classless, there is not a lot of sympathy out there for MU having to play without GE or Ike.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 02:54:56 PM »
While I never ever wish ill on a student athlete, as I find that classless, there is not a lot of sympathy out there for MU having to play without GE or Ike.

Really? Ike wouldn’t even be playing and GE is not an impact player. Elliot fell under the “limited role” for kenpom last year. Of course this board thinks he’s the second coming of Jerel McNeal. Reeves is the second most used player on Providence and is shooting 45% from 3. Good grief.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 02:56:12 PM »
Really? Ike wouldn’t even be playing and GE is not an impact player. Elliot fell under the “limited role” for kenpom last year. Of course this board thinks he’s the second coming of Jerel McNeal. Reeves is the second most used player on Providence and is shooting 45% from 3. Good grief.
I feel bad for the kid.   I don't feel bad for the team.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »

Greg would have had a bigger role this season with Rowsey being gone.

Nobody thinks he is Jerel but nice straw man.

Greg had a 116 ortg last year as a role player......he also lead the team in steal percentage and was 3rd  in block percentage.......not bad for a 6'3 guard. Made 58% of his 2 pointers, 37% of his 3s and close to 80 percent of his free throws after a slow start.

In conference games his numbers were even better.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 03:27:20 PM »
Yeah. Greg isn't a savior by any means but I think it's a safe bet that he'd be our 4th/5th leading scorer and is an excellent defender.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 04:09:03 PM »
I'll be at that game, along with a dozen family and friends, and we'll beat em with or without this guy.

Chill, we know...

I have about a dozen going to the Providence game - 8 family members plus a few friends from my MU days. I went to the site this morning and was surprised at how few tickets were left anywhere in the arena. So I snapped up the 8 and told the others they should hustle and buy theirs. I gave them our section, row and seat numbers and hopefully they'll get some either in our row or behind us.

Very much looking forward to going to the Jan. 20 Providence game with a total of 13 family and friends from NC, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit and Milwaukee.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 04:25:20 PM »
We do not know how good GE would of been this year. I think John has taken a step up from last year and surely GE also could have. So far this year we have not been hurt by GE's absence, since our three guards have not gotten into foul trouble or gotten hurt. Playing with only three guards is only asking for trouble. We do have some forwards that can step in in an emergency, but I would not want to have to depend on that for a significant amount of game time.

feedback