[Today at 12:09:25 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[Today at 10:46:31 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin SOTG  (Read 13390 times)

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: Wisconsin SOTG
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2018, 08:41:42 PM »
Ed.  That block saved the game. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:54 PM »
That has to be the worst 28 pt performance I have ever seen, at any level. wow markus. but what a game
I want to like this kid but...my goodness!

I’m not even sure he belongs in D1. And I understand he had a 50 point game, and a 45 point game and 27 points today. He’s just the weirdest player ever.

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2018, 09:21:05 PM »
Confused at all those picking Joey over Sam. Similar points but Sam with 14 rebounds to Joey’’s 1. Sam 4 assists to joey’s 0. Sam 0 turnovers to Joey’s 1. Joey 4 fouls and Sam 2. Sam’s stat line is absolutely worth stud of game unless you go with Ed for end of game. Joey with very good game, Sam by far best player on MU today.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »
Ed.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2018, 09:25:39 PM »
Gotta be  Steady Sam

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »
A lot of potentials.  Definitely not Howard with 22 missed shots from the field.  Either of the Hausers would be fine by me.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2018, 09:49:33 PM »
1) Bo for being to busy BOning mistresses on taxpayer dime to recruit Sam, and prioritizing Brevin freaking Pritzl over Sam freaking Howard.  Oops!
2) Brad Davison for punching more nads than scoring points.  Thanks for showing up kid!
3) DJ Snack Daddy for playing Jump Around after the win.  Outstanding!

1) Sam
2) Joey
3) Ed

Honorable mention to Ethan Happ.  Goodness gracious is he good.  It's not often that an entire division 1 college basketball team graduates in the same season, but that is the case for UW this season.

I remember last year people scoffing at the idea that Happ was an All American player, despite the fact that he was quite literally named an AA his sophomore year.  There is absolutely no question he's an AA.  He might be the NPOY this year.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 09:51:16 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2018, 09:54:04 PM »

I’m not even sure he belongs in D1. And I understand he had a 50 point game, and a 45 point game and 27 points today. He’s just the weirdest player ever.

Wait, what?

He's been inefficient this year because he is our only creator. He's going to be our all time leading scorer. Without him we would be unbelievably bad offensively

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2018, 10:20:48 PM »
1) Sammy
2) Ed
3) Markus
4) Joey

You can't ignore 13 points and 14 rebounds. Sam was the calming force in a very tough and grind it out game.

Ed shined the brightest in the most critical moments. Massive block and the offensive boards and putback at the other end. He looked like man possessed. I'll need to check, but I'm pretty sure from the moment he subbed in for John when he picked up his 4th, Happ only scored 4 more points. Below Sammy IMHO because he didn't show up until the end.

Markus. I swear he is the most hated player in Marquette history the way people talk about him. In a game where the opponents defense was smothering, he went out and got us points. We love to gripe about his misses, but if he doesn't take those shots, we lose this game. A bad shot by Markus is a better than a good shot by most of the players on this team. He also played very well on Trice. Made him uncomfortable for a lot of the game. The 60% 3P shooter went 1-6 and Markus was a part of that.

Joey. He made some big shots and we needed them, but that's all he brought to this game. Damn near a goose egg on the rest of the stat line. He was also responsible for a lot of the blown coverages that led to open threes for Reuvers and Ford. Reuvers was off his game fortunately.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2018, 10:24:29 PM »
Ed.  No block, potentially ballgame.  Putback huge.  And calmly breaking the atrocious FT slide.  Joey kept us in it, I think Ed "won" it.

Ed, yes such important moments.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2018, 10:28:04 PM »
Ed won this game for us in the 2nd half. 

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2018, 10:31:23 PM »
Whoa, didn't realize Sam had that many boards.  Co-studs to the Hausers, we need to breed more of 'em

Stephanie Hauser

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2018, 10:37:19 PM »
Ed

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2018, 10:45:02 PM »

I'm not even sure he belongs in D1 And I understand he had a 50 point game, and a 45 point game and 27 points today. He’s just the weirdest player ever.

that comment ruined your cred man.  i get that you may not drink the mh koolaid, but come on.  his creativity freed up some people.  he definitely gets a little more of the attention of the other team even when he's off a little.  you never know when he's going to start lighting it up.  if an opposing team thinks it can lay off him a little cuz he's a little off his game?  look out!

or yeah, SOTG-ed was solid when we needed solid
don't...don't don't don't don't

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2018, 10:51:25 PM »

You're not sure he belongs in D1?  Holy #@$@

I'll go with Ed for SOTG
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2018, 10:58:06 PM »
Ed for stud of game; Sam established himself in the same game as stud of the year, if that makes sense, in my opinion...

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2018, 10:59:42 PM »
Ed
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2018, 11:00:21 PM »
Confused at all those picking Joey over Sam. Similar points but Sam with 14 rebounds to Joey’’s 1. Sam 4 assists to joey’s 0. Sam 0 turnovers to Joey’s 1. Joey 4 fouls and Sam 2. Sam’s stat line is absolutely worth stud of game unless you go with Ed for end of game. Joey with very good game, Sam by far best player on MU today.

True but a common occurrence for Sam.   People just expect consistently good play from Sam not from his first year brother. Both had great games and are efficient. Hope we see more shots from the Hausers, THEO and Sacar and 1/3 less from Marcus. Marcus is a great shooter but needs to have better shot selection and look for outlet passes more. Hero ball simply does not work.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2018, 11:18:58 PM »
Another HM goes to Brevin Pritzl’s facial hair. Goodness gracious is that an awful look.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2018, 12:22:27 AM »
Gotta be Ed.   That block was “game over” type manhood.  Without Ed doing what he did, we don’t win even with the great day from both Hausers.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2018, 01:29:47 AM »
Ed

1SE

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2018, 02:33:30 AM »
Ed. Sam

If he didn’t step up Happ would have taken it away running.

Ed andJoey in reserve.

Can I update - after looking at the boxscore Sam was definitely the Stud. Ed was the hero - but a double-double with 4 dimes, no TOs and only 2 fouls in 41 minutes is studly.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

murphmurphy

• Walk-On
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2018, 04:08:29 AM »
Joey Chartouny, only missed 3 layups and two free throws for 0 pts.  Box score says he had 3 assists but I can't remember one.  Hope GE is healthy and 100% before Big East starts.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2018, 05:28:05 AM »
Mr. and Mrs. Hauser
Sam
Ed
Joey
Markus

Yes, Markus had a poor day from the floor, but you would never have known it from his body language and the way he battled his ass off to the last second. We don’t win if he gets down and stops wanting the ball because his shots weren’t falling. He puts a lot of pressure on the D and draws a ton of attention that frees up others for rebounding and other opportunities. With a cold hand yesterday, fewer shots would have been advisable, but most were decent looks for him that he feels confident he’ll make. Cut the kid some slack, he is a unique talent and not a finished product. Learning that balance on when to shoot is a process he’s clearly still going through. The challenge is in part because he has a unique ability to create shots, so the decision making is more challenging for him than others who could never get off that many shots in a game if they wanted to. There were numerous times in the game I wanted Sam or Joey to shoot, but UW closed out just enough that they didn’t pull the trigger because of the length in front of them. I don’t buy that Markus isn’t a team player, though I have seen Sam show some frustration with him at times. MH is learning, and I’m damn glad he is on our team as he goes through that. He has improved a ton overall over the past couple years (despite shooting %) and I presume he will continue to do so with his decision making. Part of the reason he has games where he is on fire and can carry us is because he is not afraid to have a shooting performance like he did yesterday. It happens, he should have reined it in a bit at some point, but he also kept playing hard and carrying a lot of the weight for the team.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2018, 06:06:25 AM »
Joey Icewater.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.