[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Beating Bucky ugly  (Read 28233 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Beating Bucky ugly
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2018, 01:35:11 PM »
brew

You might be right, but the supporting cast really is not special. If it was, no one on here but be making comments about Badger prospects for next season in just a negative tone.

Still don’t understand why you are comparing current teams to different era teams, one can only compete against current competition....right?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2018, 04:03:45 PM »
brew

You might be right, but the supporting cast really is not special. If it was, no one on here but be making comments about Badger prospects for next season in just a negative tone.

There doesn't seem to be a star there, though Reuvers has the kind of high efficiency that guys like Leuer and Kaminsky flashed before they emerged on the national stage.

I think Gard has built a nice complimentary team around Happ. Losing Happ will be a big blow, losing an All American always is, but I'm not as low on Bucky's future as I was even a few months ago. I think they'll be a mini-version of their old selves under Bo, but I think he can build a competitive team that still earns tourney bids even if they don't compete for league or national titles. Their system is great at masking those deficiencies.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2018, 06:19:12 PM »
WarriorDad
The Badgers are not a very good team. They have one exceptional player and nothing else. If that is a slap at MU, you are looking to argue. How are things out in LA?
Over the course of time in college basketball , it has consistently been proven that an exceptional Big Man can carry a team a long way. There are enough supplemental players with basic skills that Happ can put that UW team on his back and take it places. So while they not be a very good team in the sense they are loaded with very good players, they are still going to get the same net result as a very good player with the mix of players and style they have. I am delighted we beat them and the win will definitely work in our favor when it comes time for the committee to decide whether or not to let MU in the tournament.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »
Holy crap, just realized that Trice is a 22-year old RS Sophomore vs. 19-year old Junior M. Howard.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.