collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU women in sports journalism  (Read 782 times)

MU82

• All American
MU women in sports journalism
« on: December 08, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »
Nice article in the latest Marquette Comm magazine about 5 MU alums who have gone on to have excellent careers in sports journalism: Nancy Armour, Mary Schmitt Boyer, Trenni Kusnierek, Jen Lada and Sophia Minnaert.

https://stories.marquette.edu/marquette-alumnae-open-up-about-their-careers-as-women-in-sports-journalism-c6185c67290e

Nancy and I worked many years for the same employer. At AP, she was one of the most knowledgeable and hardest-working sportswriters in the business, and she has gone on to be an outstanding columnist for USA Today.

Mary and I covered many Timberwolves and Vikings games together in the early '90s. She was a true trailblazer -- there were not many female sportswriters at all when she broke into the business in the late-'70s, and she earned everything she got. A real pro's pro.

I got to know Trenni some early on during her time covering the Brewers, and I was impressed with her. I never met Jen and Sophia, but I of course know who they are.

It's great to see so many folks of any gender emerge from Marquette to accomplish so much. To do it as women in a field dominated by men, truly proud to share the same alma mater!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback