[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Challenge to the Student Section for Saturday  (Read 11201 times)

skianth16

• All American
Re: Challenge to the Student Section for Saturday
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2018, 10:31:56 AM »
I think some here are overestimating the students ability to take the time to choreograph something unique.  The NIT games last year were special because the entire lax team filled up an end zone.  As much as I would love to be wrong about this, I would not be disappointed if they have spent the last few days studying for finals rather than developing new and unique ways to mess with free throw shooters.

THE STUDENTS' ACADEMIC SUCCESS IS FAR LESS IMPORTANT THAN MAKING BECKY LOOK BAD

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2018, 10:34:22 AM »
I think some here are overestimating the students ability to take the time to choreograph something unique.  The NIT games last year were special because the entire lax team filled up an end zone.  As much as I would love to be wrong about this, I would not be disappointed if they have spent the last few days studying for finals rather than developing new and unique ways to mess with free throw shooters.

Where you are not wrong, usually for these bigger games the students are allowed in 30 minutes before the rest of us peons and they, from time to time over the loud speaker have the leader of the student section go over some fun new chants.

I personally would love for Sam to come out and say I care about this rivalry as much you but please no F U Badgers but rather these awesome cheers that will actually get in their heads. 

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2018, 12:16:38 PM »
I spoke to a student this morning and as I was starting to describe the suggestion that the student section falls over in unison, he was already nodding.  He was well aware of the suggestion and as far as I know he has no connection to MUScoop.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »
A well-timed soccer gif compilation on the video board would be awesome!
There is some good stuff out there from the pitch.

Amateur.

These are flops.

Have some patience, FFS.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2018, 12:27:09 PM »

I fully expect Theo to do this to Davison tomorrow

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »
Amateur.

These are flops.

True, but I've posted the top two in the past, and feel the truly amateur move would be repeating myself!

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2018, 01:46:43 PM »

I fully expect Theo to do this to Davison tomorrow

This would be.....AWESOME

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2018, 04:46:38 PM »
This would be.....AWESOME

He would totally be ejected, but it would still be awesome.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2018, 07:21:14 PM »
If Davison goes to the free throw line Sing Ring around the rosy, Pocket full of posies, Ashes, ashes, we all fall down. And then the student section falls down.

Awesome. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2018, 07:23:10 AM »
Wojo said, students be in your seats by 3pm and you will get chick-fil-a.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2018, 11:13:25 AM »
Foreget da -fil-a, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2018, 06:35:07 PM »
Regardless of challenges, good job by students (and the rest of the Forum)!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2018, 05:42:57 AM »
Regardless of challenges, good job by students (and the rest of the Forum)!

The card display didn't work too well, but otherwise they were great. Engaged throughout and only 3-4 red shirts in both sides I could see. That place was loud yesterday.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2018, 05:50:49 AM »
The card display didn't work too well, but otherwise they were great. Engaged throughout and only 3-4 red shirts in both sides I could see. That place was loud yesterday.

What was it supposed to say?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2018, 06:07:44 AM »
It said
We are
Marquette
It was hard to read even when the seats were empty

Then they were  to chant

Perhaps the cheer squad needs to hold up card signs like they used to do
I suggest they do the blue gold by side
Or M. U by side
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

LeftyWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2018, 09:33:35 PM »
I thought the student sections were great on Saturday. Giving away free Chick-fil-a sandwich to all students in their seats at 3 pm worked. We got there at 3:30 and the sections were full. The F**k the Badgers chant after about 3 minutes was funny and did not last long, thankfully.  The Shake Shack give away is awesome, everyone cheering for missed free throws is perfect.

Kudos to the MU staff for playing Jump Around after MU won. Perfect dig to the Badgers.

Student will now be missing for a month and I will really miss them.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2018, 09:36:09 PM »
Yeah, “Stunt #1”  (as the cheerleader cards showed) was a real dud.  No one really latched onto that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2018, 09:38:53 PM »
Yeah, “Stunt #1”  (as the cheerleader cards showed) was a real dud.  No one really latched onto that.

After that, though, the students did really bring it. I was impressed how full it was before we were even close to tip-off. They've been pretty solid all year, but yesterday was the best environment so far. Gets me excited for conference play.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2018, 10:15:46 PM »
After that, though, the students did really bring it. I was impressed how full it was before we were even close to tip-off. They've been pretty solid all year, but yesterday was the best environment so far. Gets me excited for conference play.

I’m a little nervous about the Buffalo game—hope they have something to entice students back to campus the Friday night before Xmas. 

I’m hoping that back-to-back top 15 wins helps fill the stands!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2018, 09:24:39 AM »
I’m a little nervous about the Buffalo game—hope they have something to entice students back to campus the Friday night before Xmas. 

Not that I am suggesting anything...

But my guess is that they aren't going to be super-vigilant about checking student IDs or tickets to get into the student sections.  So I have no problem with fans that are willing to act like a proper student section sneaking in there to help with the cheering and other antics.  In fact, I am trying to talk Glow into doing it.  We can just tell people we are 35th-year seniors...
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2018, 10:11:19 AM »

'Be A Student' Winter Break Package for $50.
North Dakota, Buffalo on a Friday, Southern on a Friday, Xavier & Seton hall on a weekend.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

fjm

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2018, 10:15:46 AM »
North Dakota, Buffalo on a Friday, Southern on a Friday, Xavier & Seton hall on a weekend.

Yeah that package is awesome.

And I’m with chick. I’ll likely be pulling the “I’m a grad student” move and going down there. We need those areas to be full during these games. They don’t need me in the corner, second deck 5 rows back

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2018, 10:41:52 AM »

That's a great package--I hope that many people take advantage of it.

In that sense, the K-State and Wisconsin wins could be huge in reigniting casual fan interest in the program, which has seemed to be lacking since Buzz left.  If we had lost either of those games, I could imagine many wouldn't really think about coming out for a MU game against a random mid-major team the Friday before Xmas (even if it is a really good team that is actually ranked).  But, with two energetic and hard-fought wins before the home crowd, hopefully there is a sense that this is a team you don't want to miss out on.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2018, 01:55:22 PM »
Not that I am suggesting anything...

But my guess is that they aren't going to be super-vigilant about checking student IDs or tickets to get into the student sections.  So I have no problem with fans that are willing to act like a proper student section sneaking in there to help with the cheering and other antics.  In fact, I am trying to talk Glow into doing it.  We can just tell people we are 35th-year seniors...

LoL. After four years of MU, I had to take one summer grad class in Philosophy at Loyola Chicago not for purposes of graduation, but to satisfy my double major at MU. I guess I felt some guilt (my Dad graduated LakeForestCollege in 3 years), as I had a recurring nightmare that I was a 20th year senior at MU. No, really. Grey salted beard and sideburns et al. Akin to the good golfer “cannot take the club back” or “ball constantly falling off tee” nightmare. Uuuggghh, brutal. The blank stares at the Renee Row keg parties were the worst part of the nightmare. One would think the cute co-eds with daddy fantasies could have made up for it. My subconscious, or was it my conscience, wouldn’t allow for that.  :-[
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2018, 02:26:59 PM »
LoL. After four years of MU, I had to take one summer grad class in Philosophy at Loyola Chicago not for purposes of graduation, but to satisfy my double major at MU. I guess I felt some guilt (my Dad graduated LakeForestCollege in 3 years), as I had a recurring nightmare that I was a 20th year senior at MU. No, really. Grey salted beard and sideburns et al. Akin to the good golfer “cannot take the club back” or “ball constantly falling off tee” nightmare. Uuuggghh, brutal. The blank stares at the Renee Row keg parties were the worst part of the nightmare. One would think the cute co-eds with daddy fantasies could have made up for it. My subconscious, or was it my conscience, wouldn’t allow for that.  :-[