Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Loserville game thread  (Read 26050 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Loserville game thread
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2018, 08:24:25 PM »
Much needed win
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2018, 08:24:49 PM »
The announcers right about that non3 3. But officials missed a lot of canals that equaled points

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2018, 08:25:43 PM »
They played really hard. Thats all I ask for.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2018, 08:26:07 PM »
should have won in regulation.
Fire wojo

Norm

• All American
« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »
That was ugly, but a win is a win. Take it and head back to Milwaukee.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2018, 08:26:27 PM »
The announcers right about that non3 3. But officials missed a lot of canals that equaled points

They didn't need to show it 6 times.

chicagowarrior

• Starter
« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
We needed that W

Whew

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2018, 08:26:59 PM »
Super Happy we won. Great team effort.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »
Didn’t cover the spread...adios Wojo

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »

I miss this canal.

But not this canal.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2018, 08:28:44 PM »
That's the same shot that Rowsey and Howard took last year and won us some games.  If that went in, we celebrate, when it doesn't we say WTF, but the fact is that is a 40% shot for them, meaning 60% eFG.  Take it.
Disagree, that one was poor shot selection IMO
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »
Anyone know what happened to Cain? He started, then disappeared. Was there an injury? Never discussed in the game that I heard.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2018, 08:43:30 PM »
Anyone know what happened to Cain? He started, then disappeared. Was there an injury? Never discussed in the game that I heard.

Butt-ugly turnover 30 seconds into the second half.   Splinters. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2018, 08:48:22 PM »
It aint a beauty contest and all wins are good wins.  We battled and made a ton of horrible plays and made some good ones too.  I will take it.  Only truly serious head scratcher was the pounding of the ball to Theo in the first half.  He has bad moves, zero touch, and cannot shoot FTs.  He is one of our worst offensive options so wtf is the thought process from the coaching staff??  I understand pick n rolls to theo n ed like in the second half but the post feeds are a bad option.  Theo has demonstrated that at every option n doesnt kick it out.
We won the game and boy what a relief but part of the reason we trailed was the early n often post feeds to Theo that didnt work.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2018, 08:50:53 PM »
He defends pretty well. Is terrible at everything else. Didnt look ready to play each time ge came in.  Dont keep getting chances when that happens.  Sacar n bailey got his minutes.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2018, 08:52:47 PM »
He defends pretty well. Is terrible at everything else. Didnt look ready to play each time ge came in.  Dont keep getting chances when that happens.  Sacar n bailey got his minutes.

Incorrect.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2018, 08:53:03 PM »
Butt-ugly turnover 30 seconds into the second half.   Splinters.

No wonder the team is so wound up. Make a mistake and hit the pine unless your Sam or Markus.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2018, 08:58:53 PM »
He defends pretty well. Is terrible at everything else.

Made 26- 55 threes last year as a Freshman.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2018, 09:02:26 PM »
No wonder the team is so wound up. Make a mistake and hit the pine unless your Sam or Markus.

His turnover to start second half should get a third grader yanked.  Simply horrible fundamentals.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2018, 09:05:28 PM »
Made 26- 55 threes last year as a Freshman.

No where near it this year and is a turnover machine this year.  Right now about a 4 dog fight fir minutes on the wing n he was by far the worst of them in NYC.
He will continue to get his chances needs to make better use if them or someone else will. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
No where near it this year and is a turnover machine this year.  Right now about a 4 dog fight fir minutes on the wing n he was by far the worst of them in NYC.
He will continue to get his chances needs to make better use if them or someone else will.

Giving up on sophomores 6 games into the season is dumb.   Last year, all he had to do was catch and shoot open 3's after the defense collapsed on Markus/Andrew/Sam.    This year, because the team is so thin at guard, he is handling the ball more and trying to do more.    It takes time.    Just like it is taking time with Morrow, Chartouny, Bailey to fit into their roles.   For one night, Morrow figured it out.    I have little doubt that Jamal will have his big games this year. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »
No where near it this year

he's taken 15 threes. pretty small sample size in light of what he did last year. guy can obviously shoot.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2018, 09:16:59 PM »
Giving up on sophomores 6 games into the season is dumb.   Last year, all he had to do was catch and shoot open 3's after the defense collapsed on Markus/Andrew/Sam.    This year, because the team is so thin at guard, he is handling the ball more and trying to do more.    It takes time.    Just like it is taking time with Morrow, Chartouny, Bailey to fit into their roles.   For one night, Morrow figured it out.    I have little doubt that Jamal will have his big games this year.

Who said Wojo is giving up on him?? Or are you referring to me?? I am not either.  As far as Wojo he us starting him and subbed him in 4-5 times during the game.  But if each time u come in u dont look ready to play and dont help ur team any coach is gonna make a change.  His play the first 25 minutes clearly didnt give WoJo the feling tgat he was the guy to go with down the stretch of a tight game.  Bailey played decent.  Sacar played decent on the defensive side n went with them.  Im sure wijo hasnt given up on him after 6 games.  Him not getting in at the end sure shouldnt indicate this of a starter.  I know i havent either, i have been impressed with his defense but needs to get better n develop more of a repetoire offensively. He needs to be able to handle the ball at the 3.  He stunk tonite n didnt get minutes at the end.  Nithing more nothing less. Tomorow is a new day
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 09:19:37 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »

nyg

• All American
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2018, 09:23:47 PM »
Cain did not have a single turnover in the first four games, not one.  He had three against Kansas, some were brutal and two tonight.  The second one was 20 seconds into the second half and Wojo sat him.  Learning experience, but when Elliott returns, his minutes will go way down.  Need him badly until then. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2018, 09:26:39 PM »
Cain did not have a single turnover in the first four games, not one.  He had three against Kansas, some were brutal and two tonight.  The second one was 20 seconds into the second half and Wojo sat him.  Learning experience, but when Elliott returns, his minutes will go way down.  Need him badly until then. 

He didn't get cut.  He will still get plenty of opportunities. 

feedback