[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lovell  (Read 19273 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Lovell
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2018, 06:00:55 PM »
Because literally hundreds of events that "differ from conventional wisdom"  happen without incident on college campuses across the country every day. Events like Milos in Berkeley make up less than 1% of these events but demand 99.9% of the attention. Also, it's usually the students using their free speech to respond,  not the University stopping an event.

Alright, fair enough-I’m going to have to trust your integrity tamu, as you seem to be one of the most level headed posters on here allowing me to respect your insight in this area.  That said, I still have a feeling that we could be doing better.  I know I am going to be questioned on “doing better” but for fear of needing to get political, i am going to leave it at that.  it’s just my opinion. 

don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2018, 07:35:20 PM »
As someone who has worked at four different universities over the last 11 years it is definitely overstated.

Over or under stated no matta. Why is it stated at all?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2018, 09:04:59 PM »
Alright, fair enough-I’m going to have to trust your integrity tamu, as you seem to be one of the most level headed posters on here allowing me to respect your insight in this area.  That said, I still have a feeling that we could be doing better.  I know I am going to be questioned on “doing better” but for fear of needing to get political, i am going to leave it at that.  it’s just my opinion.     

Oh yeah.  There is no doubt we can do better.  It isn't a completely free marketplace of ideas that can be debated back and forth by any means.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2018, 09:12:39 PM »
Over or under stated no matta. Why is it stated at all?

Because we live in an imperfect world.

Over/understated does matta. Especially when people try to pass corrective measures that treat an episodic problem as a pandemic problem. A local example of this could be the Larry vs. Buzz drama.

Also important, there is only so much righteous outrage to go around. It is a limited resource. I believe we should direct that precious resource at more critical and widespread problems.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2018, 10:05:55 PM »
 The thing is, we know there is a bias, right?  But because the bias tilts toward those who have control over the bias, they see nothing the matta, ey?  Everything’s cool.  We’ve got a few issues but not too bad.  That’s because ya can’t always get watcha want so let’s try to solve some of the more urgent and pressing needs like world hunger, homelessness and income inequality cuz we care more and if you don’t care, you are a fill in the blank whatever.  He who has the biggest megaphone wins
don't...don't don't don't don't

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2018, 10:26:05 PM »

On the front lines?  Cause he graduated from MU a couple years ago?

TAMU and I *work* everyday in higher education.  We've both been at multiple institutions.  If that's not "front lines," I don't know what is.
It means your insular view to what is going on in the world has shaped your view of reality.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2018, 10:11:04 AM »
It means your insular view to what is going on in the world has shaped your view of reality.
See there kids?  You're expertise developed working in an area over an extended time is a BAD thing.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback