Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Google Pay / Mobile Tickets problem?  (Read 3675 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Google Pay / Mobile Tickets problem?
« on: October 30, 2018, 03:01:37 PM »
I'm guessing this'll be a thread full of eTicket issues .. here's mine:

I have two tickets that were sent to me in my Ticketmaster account.  They show up on my phone.  As Marquette suggested in their guide, I've installed Google Pay, which apparently can save the tickets to the app.

I've saved both tickets to the App, and it dutifully says "MUBB vs. Carroll - Oct 30, 2 tickets" .. But when I tap that, it shows just ONE ticket, one barcode.  I've tried tapping that, swiping up/down/left/right .. nothing gets me to the 2nd ticket.

I can go back to the website on the phone and Save the 2nd ticket again .. no difference.  I can hit save, and then Remove, and Google Pay will then report 1 ticket. 

Crazy question:  There's not something goofy, like it's one bar code = two tickets, right?  Or .. some magic happens when the first ticket is scanned, the 2nd one appears?

Anyone else using Google Pay for this?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: Google Pay / Mobile Tickets problem?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 03:07:08 PM »
I have the same problem.....

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 03:09:32 PM »
Not the first I've heard of this. G-Pay is new too me.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 03:15:12 PM »
Not trying to start a red delicious vs. honeycrisp riot here, but this doesn't sound like an "operator error" glitch.  Sadly, the reality is that the bugs in the most widely used equipment/apps are always going to be worked out first.  So you might want to use another app or simply screenshot barcodes until it's worked out.

Could we merge this with the "Selling Tickets" thread, since I'm guessing you're going to see a lot of common themes between the two topics.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 03:18:11 PM »
I'll warn you, I'm a sweater vest, but I have tried numerous times to download my tix to apple wallet on my iPhone to no avail. There's even a "add to wallet" button below the tix that does not seem to work. I did view the barcode before trying to add to wallet as the directions say.

Had the same problems for the private practice, but ended up sending the tix to myself and adding to wallet from the email. Does sending tix to yourself void the original tix? I don't want to try if the original tix would be voided.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 03:32:50 PM »
I'll warn you, I'm a sweater vest, but I have tried numerous times to download my tix to apple wallet on my iPhone to no avail. There's even a "add to wallet" button below the tix that does not seem to work. I did view the barcode before trying to add to wallet as the directions say.

Had the same problems for the private practice, but ended up sending the tix to myself and adding to wallet from the email. Does sending tix to yourself void the original tix? I don't want to try if the original tix would be voided.

FWIW - I have had success with saving tickets to my Apple Wallet so far.  Granted, I have to do this four times (once for each ticket) for each game, but when I go to my Wallet, all four tickets are there, and I can swipe right to pull them all up.

Maybe try skipping gomarquette.com and pull up the Ticketmaster site directly (https://am.ticketmaster.com/marquette) from your iPhone, select 'Manage Tickets' and be sure click the "Remember Me" box when you log in.  Select a game and on the next page, click the the 'Add to Apple Wallet,' on any ticket (i.e. don't pull up the barcode first).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 03:34:18 PM »

No it should not, it is once they're scanned.
Goal is National Championship

MUClassof2039

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 03:36:08 PM »
I had the same problem when I first added my tickets to google pay. Then I was able to swipe side to side and see them. I went back in to try now and only 1 of the tickets is showing up... seems like a google pay problem.

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 03:37:27 PM »
FWIW - I have had success with saving tickets to my Apple Wallet so far.  Granted, I have to do this four times (once for each ticket) for each game, but when I go to my Wallet, all four tickets are there, and I can swipe right to pull them all up.

Maybe try skipping gomarquette.com and pull up the Ticketmaster site directly (https://am.ticketmaster.com/marquette) from your iPhone, select 'Manage Tickets' and be sure click the "Remember Me" box when you log in.  Select a game and on the next page, click the the 'Add to Apple Wallet,' on any ticket (i.e. don't pull up the barcode first).

Thanks. I'll try that. FYI, I did try to add to wallet both in barcode view and otherwise. Didn't work either time.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 03:38:18 PM »
I really feel for you topper.  This is an effing nightmare that the university (and/or tickmaster or whoever) better get figured out.  And effing fast.  Bringing my paper tickets tonight.... and every night.

Archies Bat

• All American

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »
I really feel for you topper.  This is an effing nightmare that the university (and/or tickmaster or whoever) better get figured out.  And effing fast.  Bringing my paper tickets tonight.... and every night.

Yeah. I'm trying to join the tech revolution, but I'm not taking any chances either.  ;)

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 04:03:38 PM »
Yeah. I'm trying to join the tech revolution, but I'm not taking any chances either.  ;)

It's not just that.  Of course many are more tech savvy than me.  But this should be easy and obviously it's not.  I was totally challenged last week loading my scrimmage tickets.  And I dutifully followed the protocol I was supposed to.

And again, a special thank you to my friend Eng who reminded me to screen shoot them when I had them up and wasn't under pressure in line trying to reload them.  Opening pictures is easy even for a guy like me.

MUClassof2039

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »
I found that going in and out of the specific event (ticket) would result in both tickets showing up and the ability to swipe between them. If you get it to work, you can always bookmark the tab to not close all the way when you clear all your running apps and then it will be available when you get to the game.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 04:06:29 PM »
Honestly, one of the biggest problems is that they don't have a native app that you can connect to the STH account. It's super easy with the Bucks app.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 04:15:30 PM »

With Google Pay it tells me the ticket is already added. I pull up "Manage Tickets" and it displays "Action Required" for the seat I can actually view in Google Pay. WTF "Action" is required? It doesn't indicate what.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 05:42:39 PM »
Same issue, it even reads as 4 tickets but only the first one displays. I'll just do what I always do and download the chrome page.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 06:15:13 PM »
It's now displaying all of them just fine... Wierd

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 09:51:51 PM »
With Google Pay it tells me the ticket is already added. I pull up "Manage Tickets" and it displays "Action Required" for the seat I can actually view in Google Pay. WTF "Action" is required? It doesn't indicate what.

Sorry, I don’t use/can’t help with Google Pay.  But like I said, you may want to try another app or go with screenshots for the time being (until bugs are worked out).

feedback