'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette Mini Plans  (Read 16959 times)

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
Re: Marquette Mini Plans
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 10:15:20 AM »
The rigid mini plans are annoying.  You should just be able to pick 5 games, get them in advance of single game tickets and at a discount and create your own package.  Or at least have some flexibility.

The rigid mini plans are encouraging to me as it means ticket sales are going well.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 10:22:33 AM »
The rigid mini plans are annoying.  You should just be able to pick 5 games, get them in advance of single game tickets and at a discount and create your own package.  Or at least have some flexibility.

The whole point is for Marquette to package good games with crap games.  Otherwise why would they even bother?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »

The whole point is for Marquette to package good games with crap games.  Otherwise why would they even bother?

And for you to buy two packages versus one.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2018, 10:25:54 AM »
MU did that years ago were you got to pick all the games. People hated it and they didn't sell. Also, you can buy mini plans ahead of single game tickets. FYI, the mini plans are a discount compared to single game tickets. It's about anywhere from $45 to $25 in savings.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:41:47 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2018, 11:57:12 AM »

One would think so, but honestly the gold plan doesn't have a crap game, if only bc UMBC is the first game in FF, likely will be a big crowd and has a bit of cache from the NCAA win.  And then K State and three conf games (Nova GTown and SH).

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2018, 11:59:39 AM »
So, do any of you mini plans people have any extra tickets to the UW game for sale?  Need 2.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2018, 12:01:33 PM »
MU did that years ago were you got to pick all the games. People hated it and they didn't sell. Also, you can buy mini plans ahead of single game tickets. FYI, the mini plans are a discount compared to single game tickets. It's about anywhere from $45 to $25 in savings.

Yes, I know that you can buy them before the single games tickets and at a discount.  I'm saying keep that part but assign a price to each game IF you buy at least 5 games, or even the "pick X games from each of these groups" format as they've done previously.  I've done these types of packages with multiple teams and always liked being able to pick the games I actually want.  I'm not seeing why people would hate having the option.  Finally, I'm actually looking at some of the "crap" games (which are not in either package btw) because I want to bring my kids at a reasonable price knowing that we probably won't stay the whole time and I likely won't have to explain the F word to them.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2018, 12:20:41 PM »
Marquette did that I believe it was 4 years ago or so. You picked your game. You picked your section. Those mini plans were an nightmare in sales. Fans hated them. They like to pick Plan A or Plan B.

Now, I do like what they have done the past two years. You had your marquee game from each plan to pick from. Then, the final two games you picked out of two choices.

Just not the case in 2018-19. That said, I don't think it has to be this year. Both mini plans will have major demands. Badger game mini plans are always huge sellers. With the other plans as Villanova, also falling on National Marquette Day will have big demand as well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 12:41:38 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
-Bill Walton

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2018, 02:13:32 PM »
Awesome thanks, I ended up getting season tickets instead in section 213 but maybe I'll have to hold off longer next year to wait for this option

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »
Awesome thanks, I ended up getting season tickets instead in section 213 but maybe I'll have to hold off longer next year to wait for this option
There is only 100 of the mobile pass. Better perks with season tickets than the mobile pass.
-Bill Walton

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2018, 04:25:56 PM »
It's one ticket for each season ticket purchased.  Did you only buy one season ticket?   :)

Ohhh .. I stand corrected.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2018, 06:11:59 PM »
Same process as the two previous seasons. You get one free ticket per seat you own. The design is to gift it to someone who might be a future ticket buyer of Marquette basketball.
-Bill Walton

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2018, 09:30:31 PM »
I agree with you, Mr Nielsen, we liked the structure of the last two years as well. Unfortunately for our Gang of Four, the dates this year don’t mesh with all of our known schedules, so we plan to do four single games instead.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2018, 09:38:41 PM »
I agree with you, Mr Nielsen, we liked the structure of the last two years as well. Unfortunately for our Gang of Four, the dates this year don’t mesh with all of our known schedules, so we plan to do four single games instead.

That's great too. Beat the rush!

I say that because every year when the National Marquette Game has been sold out for weeks, the ticket office gets flooded with calls for people wanting tickets. Saying stuff like, I'm a alumni or I donate. That's great, but the game is still sold out. I'm just using that game as an example.

-Bill Walton

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2018, 08:58:28 AM »
I like the mobile pass at 99$x4.
But I know it’s not for everyone. I want to be able to go to any game but often can’t. And the go-with crowd changes. My wife goes sometimes, my Marquette son sometimes, my anti-Marquette son sometimes. A friend sometimes. And a few times just me. In the cheap seats it’s nice to have an empty seat next to you to spread out a bit. The guilt of wasting a ticket minimized by the low cost. I hope to use maybe half the 80 seats I have for this year so $10/seat.  Also Last year there were a couple of lower bowl games but at fiserv doubt it. As someone stated, no season ticket perks though you do get all 20 games. Didn’t realize there was the 100 limit. Guess that makes sense. It’s got pluses and minuses. Not for everyone. Mini plan looks good to me too.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2018, 10:34:02 AM »
Good tool with the new 3D map for mini plans & season tickets. Anyone thinking about getting your National Marquette Day seats versus Villanova, a mini plan is the way to go!
https://marquetteportal.io-media.com/event-list-buy

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:36:11 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2018, 10:42:14 AM »
Good tool with the new 3D map for mini plans & season tickets. Anyone thinking about getting your National Marquette Day seats versus Villanova, a mini plan is the way to go!
https://marquetteportal.io-media.com/event-list-buy

The tech execution on this transition has been extremely poor.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2018, 11:12:35 AM »
The tech execution on this transition has been extremely poor.
You can't do it on your phone. Works great on the laptop or computer!

I think this link works on your phone.
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/marquette/EN/buy/browse
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2018, 11:48:35 AM »
You can't do it on your phone. Works great on the laptop or computer!

I think this link works on your phone.
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/marquette/EN/buy/browse

My Marquette Account log on only worked from my phone but the Buy Single Tickets never activated at my time.  My login, that worked on my phone, didn't on the PC.  I have had multiple alerts that I haven't paid, even though I have receipts and have confirmed with MU.

Net, net, it's a cluster as others have said here.  Please pass this on.  Thanks for serving on the Fan Committee.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2018, 12:21:46 PM »
My Marquette Account log on only worked from my phone but the Buy Single Tickets never activated at my time.  My login, that worked on my phone, didn't on the PC.  I have had multiple alerts that I haven't paid, even though I have receipts and have confirmed with MU.

Net, net, it's a cluster as others have said here.  Please pass this on.  Thanks for serving on the Fan Committee.

I did pass it on. Give them a call, they can look into it.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »
I did pass it on. Give them a call, they can look into it.

I let them know.  But, they are a bit busy right now.  As always, they are great. Plus, it's a Ticketmaster app problem who has never been known for their technology prowess.

Thanks again for serving us.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 12:29:45 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2018, 12:26:24 PM »
I let them know.  But, they are a bit busy right now.  As always, they are great. Plus, it's a Ticketmaster app problem who has never been for their technology prowess.

Thanks again for serving us.
Thanks for the kind words!

-Bill Walton

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »
I agree the Ticketmaster 3D program is garbage.  My season ticket order was lost after clicking submit. And, with my single seat purchase - it did not activate at the beginning of my time slot without me logging off and logging in 10 minutes later.  Twice it dropped tickets in my shopping cart while I was selecting others for a different game, and finally the zoom and hovering over a dot to select a seat is horrible.  Garbage system.

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2018, 02:23:51 PM »
When do the actual tickets get put in our account? I have all the games listed now but still no tickets