[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Steakummms on Twitter: millenials  (Read 3547 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Steakummms on Twitter: millenials
« on: September 27, 2018, 05:52:44 PM »

JWags85

• All American
Re: Steakummms on Twitter: millenials
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 07:28:27 PM »
Just need a boomer/Gen X’er who got their preferred job in business with a history degree they paid for with their earnings from a summer job to chime in about how millennials are lazy, entitled, and whiny.

But very good thread. Millennials have their unique set of issues, like any generation, but have the added multiplier of a consumer technological advancement over their lifetime, the likes of which their predecessors didn’t. The internet is the best and worst invention of all time

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 07:51:15 PM »
Just need a boomer/Gen X’er who got their preferred job in business with a history degree they paid for with their earnings from a summer job to chime in about how millennials are lazy, entitled, and whiny.

But very good thread. Millennials have their unique set of issues, like any generation, but have the added multiplier of a consumer technological advancement over their lifetime, the likes of which their predecessors didn’t. The internet is the best and worst invention of all time

Millennials are not lazy and entitled by any means. But they aren’t unique...unless you label pretty much every generation as such.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 09:26:39 PM »
Meh another ''deep" post by someone using a bunch of buzzwords while also using the golden line of "more connected then ever but more alone then ever" that always makes me chuckle.
Ive graded a million psych papers with the same exact statements as a ta and they all miss the actual problems

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 10:21:29 PM »
Millennials have their unique set of issues, like any generation, but have the added multiplier of a consumer technological advancement over their lifetime, the likes of which their predecessors didn’t. The internet is the best and worst invention of all time

Shut your mouth. We lived in the age of the Atari god damn 2600. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 08:23:04 AM »
I lived in a world of Electric Football.  If only I had Atari 2600!  Battling Tops was the best.  Hurricane Hank was always my top.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 10:00:06 AM »
Millennials are not lazy and entitled by any means. But they aren’t unique...unless you label pretty much every generation as such.

I do.  They all have a unique set of issues/problems because thats what happens as time passes and technology/society develops.  Its not their fault, nor is it the fault of previous generations that dont necessarily understand it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 10:26:49 AM »

I loved my Atari!

Two years ago I bought my kids for Christmas the 20-Teens version of Atari.  It looks identical, but shrunk in half, has every Atari game every made, wireless joysticks and costs like $39 which was probably the cost of two game cartridges back in the mid-80's.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 11:01:04 AM »
Anybody have colecovision? I inherited my cousin's when I was younger and that was ancient in 95.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 01:29:42 PM »
Anybody have colecovision? I inherited my cousin's when I was younger and that was ancient in 95.

I got one just as the company went under, which meant that until my cousins left their collection at my house by accident the only game I had Donkey Kong unless I used my Atari 2600 adaptor.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 03:13:33 PM »

We had one in my household growing up.  Time Pilot was a pretty sweet game.