[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PGA Championship  (Read 12765 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: PGA Championship
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2018, 05:09:55 PM »
Tiger just three jacked it from 20 feet.  Must be intimidated by Koepka at top of leaderboard.

Koepka keeps driving it it fairway at 325 and hits 160 yd wedges, ridiculous.
Our games are very similar. Well, in that that we both use golf clubs and golf balls.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2018, 05:12:04 PM »
Tiger just three jacked it from 20 feet.  Must be intimidated by Koepka at top of leaderboard.

Koepka keeps driving it it fairway at 325 and hits 160 yd wedges, ridiculous.
He got a bit aggressive going after the Eagle.

Koepka is a real thoroughbred athlete, the nephew of Dick Groat. His shots are a thing of beauty.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

nyg

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2018, 05:17:55 PM »
If for some reason, Koepka loses a few shots, which I doubt he still has hole 17, the quality of players at 8 under is unreal and would be quite the Sunday.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2018, 05:41:30 PM »
If for some reason, Koepka loses a few shots, which I doubt he still has hole 17, the quality of players at 8 under is unreal and would be quite the Sunday.
Koepka was smart to take unplayable. He could have injured wrist by hitting it out from that tree. Very good bogey save. Would be helpful for Koepka to get one more birdie on the way home.
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2018, 06:59:22 PM »
Koepka finishes at 12 under. He is Leading Tiger by 4. Koepka looks strong and seems under control and not likely to go backward much if it all. I think the others will fold one by one down the stretch as Tiger posts birdies. I still believe the Tiger Intimidation factor is out there.  So I think it comes down to the two of them. Although there will be some great highlights from everyone among the leaders all day.

Scott is a cool character and  could possibly do well, but I think that long putter he uses may not be reliable down the stretch. If he has a hot day putting though he could be there at the end.

Tiger positioned well to win, though he needs to shoot the best round of the day tomorrow to claim the Wanamaker trophy.  My guess is the PGA will set the course up to encourage low scoring and if Tiger can shoot a 63 or 64 the trophy is his.

Koepka is a very interesting player who seems to show up among the leaders consistently in the tournaments that matter.
            ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2018, 07:13:52 PM »
Koepka finishes at 12 under. He is Leading Tiger by 4. Koepka looks strong and seems under control and not likely to go backward much if it all. I think the others will fold one by one down the stretch as Tiger posts birdies. I still believe the Tiger Intimidation factor is out there.  So I think it comes down to the two of them. Although there will be some great highlights from everyone among the leaders all day.

Scott is a cool character and  could possibly do well, but I think that long putter he uses may not be reliable down the stretch. If he has a hot day putting though he could be there at the end.

Tiger positioned well to win, though he needs to shoot the best round of the day tomorrow to claim the Wanamaker trophy.  My guess is the PGA will set the course up to encourage low scoring and if Tiger can shoot a 63 or 64 the trophy is his.

Koepka is a very interesting player who seems to show up among the leaders consistently in the tournaments that matter.

So Tiger only needs to shoot 2-3 strokes better than his best round, which would also be 2 strokes better than the best round of the tournament, and have the back to back US Open champ who is playing like a monster, a Masters champ with top 5s in the other 3 majors (Scott), and two of the hotter young players without a major (Rickie and Rahm) all falter.  Got it.  Tiger made a bunch of birdies today and they all started playing after him and faltered as a result, oh wait, Rahm and Koepka matched him, Scott bested him, and Rickie played steady and kept himself in contention.  But cause a middling pro like Woodland played poorly, and Spieth had one bad triple, EVERYONE IS PISSING THEMSELVES CAUSE OF ELDRICK.

But reading your past few posts, I see the performance level trolling, so keep it up.  Its great prose.  I cant wait to see everyone fall apart like Molinari did when Tiger bested him to hoist the Claret Jug at the Open Championship last month.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:16:12 PM by JWags85 »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2018, 07:26:04 PM »

Serious question for you..

If you believe in the tiger intimidation factor, why didn't it affect molinari the other week?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2018, 07:44:53 PM »
I would be stunned if Koepka folded.  If he does, I like Ricky.    Trivia question:   How many times has Tiger won coming from behind on the final day of a major?   
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:49:29 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2018, 07:58:54 PM »
Serious question for you..

If you believe in the tiger intimidation factor, why didn't it affect molinari the other week?
If you look Tiger in his prime, the guys who didn't back down from him were the non top tier players  who were seasoned and had under rated skills ,who peaked that week, like Trevor Immelman, YE Yang, Bob May, Rocco Mediate etc . Molinari fits in that mold, .
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 08:01:26 PM by Herman Cain »
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2018, 08:11:34 PM »
I would be stunned if Koepka folded.  If he does, I like Ricky.    Trivia question:   How many times has Tiger won coming from behind on the final day of a major?
https://sports.yahoo.com/tiger-woods-crowd-pga-championship-believing-003119696.html
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »
So?  It is possible that Tiger does something he never did, even in his prime.   And it would be an epic story.   But, just like Carnoustie, that isn't where I would put my money. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »
The Tiger intimidation that never won him a major without the 36 hole lead, got it.

Dense.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2018, 10:17:55 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2018, 11:25:52 PM »
Cmon fellas, enjoy the fact that Tiger at least has a fighting chance going into Sunday in back to back majors.

He's going to get one more major before it's all said and done. Most likely the British if I had to guess.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2018, 07:06:59 AM »
Y'all need to stop feedin' the nonsensical Tiger Troll ... unless you get a kick out of him. Then have at it.

If Koepka wins this, I'm not sure how anybody could argue against him being the best golfer in the world. The same probably can be said about Thomas.

I knew Tiger wasn't a come-from-behind golfer, but I really didn't know that he had the 54-hole lead for ALL 14 of his major titles.

I'm going to enjoy what I hope is a fun final round ... until it really gets good. My wife got us tickets to see BlacKKKlansman at 6:50 (eastern). I'm psyched to see the movie and have heard great things about it ... but if the PGA is as competitive as the British was, I will hate to miss the last few holes!

I don't have any kind of service with a DVR. Oh well. I'll see the highlights.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2018, 09:59:49 AM »
Live sports vs a movie available 4 or 5 times a day, seven days a week? No contest.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2018, 10:13:48 AM »
Y'all need to stop feedin' the nonsensical Tiger Troll ... unless you get a kick out of him. Then have at it.

If Koepka wins this, I'm not sure how anybody could argue against him being the best golfer in the world. The same probably can be said about Thomas.

I knew Tiger wasn't a come-from-behind golfer, but I really didn't know that he had the 54-hole lead for ALL 14 of his major titles.

I'm going to enjoy what I hope is a fun final round ... until it really gets good. My wife got us tickets to see BlacKKKlansman at 6:50 (eastern). I'm psyched to see the movie and have heard great things about it ... but if the PGA is as competitive as the British was, I will hate to miss the last few holes!

I don't have any kind of service with a DVR. Oh well. I'll see the highlights.
Noted TNT troll Ernie Johnson says "if Tiger takes the lead at any time today he will win"

Trevor Immelman says if Koepka shoots under par he will win. 
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2018, 10:24:06 AM »
Noted TNT troll Ernie Johnson says "if Tiger takes the lead at any time today he will win"

Trevor Immelman says if Koepka shoots under par he will win.

1. Immelman won the only Masters I ever attended, 2008. Probably the least-accomplished Masters champion ever, and a pretty boring tournament overall. But the weather was perfect and the course actually exceeded my very lofty expectations.

2. Unlike you, 9-9-9, Ernie Johnson is a real person.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2018, 11:56:56 AM »
I don't see Tiger emerging as the tournament winner today (then again, I said something very similar in November 2016), but he definitely played his way onto the Ryder Cup team. Phil may very well have played his way off it. Koepka will be hard to beat but if he stumbles watch out for Thomas.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2018, 02:00:27 PM »
Let's. Effing. Go.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »
We will be seeing this image later today...
            ---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »
We will be seeing this image later today...

Keep missing fairways like I said yesterday, Brooks will eat.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2018, 02:27:09 PM »
Maybe your right he just blocked one way right on the fifth hole. Lets see if he can recover like days of yore....
            ---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2018, 02:30:02 PM »

And Brooks just missed two in a row as well.  ::)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2018, 02:38:51 PM »
Is this a rock concert or a golf tournament? Wonder what the TV ratings are gonna look like.