[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf thread  (Read 34285 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Golf thread
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2018, 09:51:40 AM »
It's $5/hour. I'm watching to see the broadcast value. Drones, mics, live probabilities and side bets.

This could really change how golf is broadcast.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »
Doesn't it seem like this is something that should have been done ten years ago???

This is kind of like the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight happening well after their primes. Although, they did do that Battle of Bighorn type of stuff and both were involved in at least one match.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2018, 02:54:53 PM »
It's $5/hour. I'm watching to see the broadcast value. Drones, mics, live probabilities and side bets.

This could really change how golf is broadcast.

Have it on in 4K, the course looks amazing considering it is in the middle of the desert.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

nyg

• All American
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2018, 03:17:04 PM »
Same here.  Course beautiful

Only bad thing, too much Ernie Johnson and yacky Class clown Jacobson.  Thought announcers were to be minimum and listen to players, not announcers.  Also do without twitter reactions. 

Tiger flaring tee shots to right, not a good thing.  Hope match goes long, not short.  Be nightmare for all.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2018, 06:45:06 AM »
That was a lot of fun.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2018, 07:33:35 AM »
Well due to technical issues, they had to make it free for everyone and are refunding all who purchased it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2018, 09:03:09 AM »
The broadcast was very well done, obviously Chuck and Sam we're over the top, but there is much to be learned from this.

1. PGA Tour needs more match play events.
2. PGA Tour needs more featured matches during televised events instead of the constant switching. Outside of Augusta, the broadcast never highlights the architecture in terms of strategy. The Match did this extremely well.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2018, 02:00:48 PM »
74.    24 putts.   Fairways running fast and firm.    Partners pissed.    Golf in December rocks. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »
74.    24 putts.   Fairways running fast and firm.    Partners pissed.    Golf in December rocks.

Hey, not bad for 9 holes!
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

tower912

• All American
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2018, 03:20:02 PM »
Nicely done.   Not accurate, but nicely done.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2018, 03:21:56 PM »
Nicely done.   Not accurate, but nicely done.   

Yeah, for me it would be eight holes, not nine.  I usually run out of balls somewhere around that point.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2018, 03:26:00 PM »
The course owner was almost as giddy as we were.   When we checked in, he said he already had 18 groups coming out today.    Found money for him. 

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2018, 03:52:24 PM »
I played Pings for years but bought PXG Gen 2s this past year. Stellar clubs.

Very soft, very forgiving with a big sweet spot. These sticks have incredible feel and are worth every penny. 
"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid

tower912

• All American
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
May they bring you happiness.  And may they float when they stop bringing you happiness.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2018, 04:20:08 PM »
Have a set of Vokey SM7s coming for Christmas. 54 and a 60, also getting a 46 to replace my PW that some lowlife lifted off a practice green last summer.  Pretty excited.

Also in the market for a new flat stick. Anyone have recos? I was a mallet guy for most of my youth, but am leaning towards a blade, but I do like a soft face. Looked at Ping Ansers a bit, as well as Odyssey

🏀

• All American
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2018, 05:05:27 PM »
Have a set of Vokey SM7s coming for Christmas. 54 and a 60, also getting a 46 to replace my PW that some lowlife lifted off a practice green last summer.  Pretty excited.

Also in the market for a new flat stick. Anyone have recos? I was a mallet guy for most of my youth, but am leaning towards a blade, but I do like a soft face. Looked at Ping Ansers a bit, as well as Odyssey

Get fitted for the putter, it'll change your world

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »

I’ve always been a Vokey fan and am in need of new wedges.  The reviews on Cleveland’s RTX4s are outstanding and the pro I occasionally take lessons from says The RTX4 wedges are better and it’s the first time in several years Cleveland has put a top wedge out there.  Does anyone have them?

As for putter... definitely get fitted.  If you live in Milwaukee do yourself a favor and see David Roesch and get fitted with the SAMputtlab.  I played a mallet until I got fitted and it changed things dramatically as I now play a Scotty blade 2 inches shorter than my old putter
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2018, 08:50:13 PM »
I’ve always been a Vokey fan and am in need of new wedges.  The reviews on Cleveland’s RTX4s are outstanding and the pro I occasionally take lessons from says The RTX4 wedges are better and it’s the first time in several years Cleveland has put a top wedge out there.  Does anyone have them?

As for putter... definitely get fitted.  If you live in Milwaukee do yourself a favor and see David Roesch and get fitted with the SAMputtlab.  I played a mallet until I got fitted and it changed things dramatically as I now play a Scotty blade 2 inches shorter than my old putter

I really want to look at the RTX4s. So clean.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2018, 08:54:59 PM »
I picked up the Vokey SM6's on clearance last year for $90 each.  I just had a round with 24 putts, including a chip in after not playing for 6 weeks.  I am not in the market for wedges.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2018, 09:30:10 PM »
I picked up the Vokey SM6's on clearance last year for $90 each.  I just had a round with 24 putts, including a chip in after not playing for 6 weeks.  I am not in the market for wedges.

How about you keep your humble brags to one thread? Don't ruin NM for me.

I'm happy with the bag outside of wedges and putter, which happen to be the only clubs I haven't been fit for. Wedges are a mix of Mack Daddys, putter is going to get figured out Friday at Club Champion.

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2018, 02:04:36 AM »

Wags

theBabyDavid

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2018, 02:15:32 AM »

Wags,

I share your enthusiasm for Vokey wedges. I carry 54 through 60 in my bag and love the precision they give me under 100 yards. My favorite sticks.

As for putters, I have a Hickory Stick hickory shaft which was a gift from my father. Beautiful piece of gear. The face is indented which makes the ball roll smoother.

If you really do want a mallet I would recommend he Bettinardis. I had a Mizuno Bettinardi which I won in a tournament in Japan which was really nice. I gave it to a colleague as I already had my Hickory Stick.

theBabyDavid

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2018, 07:53:20 AM »

I'm happy with the bag outside of wedges and putter, which happen to be the only clubs I haven't been fit for. Wedges are a mix of Mack Daddys, putter is going to get figured out Friday at Club Champion.

As above, I got a full bag fit at club champion. They carry the Cleveland wedges. That's what I ended up buying. Haven't hit them yet.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2018, 08:28:58 AM »

No humble brag.   I had a great day golfing in December.     

🏀

• All American
« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2018, 09:06:55 AM »
No humble brag.   I had a great day golfing in December.     

feedback