[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by jfp61
[Today at 06:19:23 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WhiteTrash
[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: British Open Thread  (Read 12280 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: British Open Thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 11:49:57 AM »
That was a helluva round by Tiger.  He won't win but still props for a great day.  A top 10 would constitute a great Open for him.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »
It was a good day for Eldrick.   I again flash back to my youth when Arnie would have a good round only to come up short.    Tiger is where Arnie was in 1974 and Jack in the 80's.    Jack had one last transcendent 9 hole run left in him at the right time.    Perhaps Tiger will, too. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2018, 12:16:49 PM »
Well, to no one's surprise except Herman, the rest of the field isn't folding even with tiger having a great round

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »
Well, to no one's surprise except Herman, the rest of the field isn't folding even with tiger having a great round

Speith is an animal. Tiger can go shoot 66 again and still potentially be 3-4 strokes back depending how the course plays tomorrow. Molinari has sneaky been playing great golf lately

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2018, 04:36:07 PM »
Tiger has never won a major without being in the top 5 after 36 holes.

Has he ever won one that he didn't lead through 54?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2018, 06:10:32 PM »
Tiger in a strong position to win. He needs to post 69 or better Sunday and the Claret Jug will be his .  Weather supposed to be windy and Tiger will be back to the 2 iron which is working well. I see the wheels coming off the wagon of the guys ahead of him and Tiger being the best of the rest.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2018, 06:44:44 PM »
Tiger in a strong position to win. He needs to post 69 or better Sunday and the Claret Jug will be his .  Weather supposed to be windy and Tiger will be back to the 2 iron which is working well. I see the wheels coming off the wagon of the guys ahead of him and Tiger being the best of the rest.

The Kostas of golf.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2018, 07:00:32 PM »
It is possible, but not where I would put my money. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 07:37:28 PM »
don't...don't don't don't don't

🏀

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 08:18:45 PM »

Tiger does not win with a 69 tomorrow, that's keyboard diarrhea.

The 2 iron he pulled once today? Yeah, must be working great.

TW had nothing but good fortune today, played 16 of 18 holes with the tide. Leaders came out against the tide and didn't face the same birdie fest he did.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:20:56 PM by PTM + Chartouny = Us »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2018, 08:31:05 PM »
Has he ever won one that he didn't lead through 54?

I think you know the answer, but no. Tiger has never won a major from behind on Sunday. I think the closest he got was the PGA at Hazeltine in 2003.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2018, 09:03:05 PM »
My heart wants Kuchar after last year.   My head says that Spieth closes the deal.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2018, 09:10:08 PM »
I think you know the answer, but no. Tiger has never won a major from behind on Sunday.

Yeah, that was my point to Herman. He thinks Tiger is in "great shape" 4 shots back. But even when Tiger was the GOAT, he was only in "great shape" on the lead.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2018, 10:06:18 PM »

Silliness.

Tiger had an awesome round today, which was great. And so did a bunch of other guys. It was a day to score, and a couple dozen did. Among those who scored as well as or better than Tiger: Spieth, Molinari, Rose, Miyazato, Wood, An.

There is no reason to believe the wheels are more likely to come off any of a dozen guys but not come off Tiger, who hasn't won a major in a freakin' decade and has barely contended in any during that span.

Could he win? Sure. So could Molinari and Noren, but I don't think they will, either.

Tiger obviously is still capable of fine golf on occasion. The intimidation factor is long gone. Spieth, Rose, McIlroy, Simpson, Johnson, Scott, etc, have accomplished way more than Eldrick  has since he was TIGER.

And the idea that Tiger can shoot 2-under and win this thing? Silliness.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2018, 10:24:31 PM »

$500 says if tiger posts a 68 or better, he doesn't win. Accept?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2018, 11:52:02 PM »
I'd guess he'd need another 66 to have any chance.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2018, 07:17:05 AM »
Silliness.

Tiger had an awesome round today, which was great. And so did a bunch of other guys. It was a day to score, and a couple dozen did. Among those who scored as well as or better than Tiger: Spieth, Molinari, Rose, Miyazato, Wood, An.

There is no reason to believe the wheels are more likely to come off any of a dozen guys but not come off Tiger, who hasn't won a major in a freakin' decade and has barely contended in any during that span.

Could he win? Sure. So could Molinari and Noren, but I don't think they will, either.

Tiger obviously is still capable of fine golf on occasion. The intimidation factor is long gone. Spieth, Rose, McIlroy, Simpson, Johnson, Scott, etc, have accomplished way more than Eldrick  has since he was TIGER.

And the idea that Tiger can shoot 2-under and win this thing? Silliness.

Best I could come up to explain why this is silly....90% of the group who's wheels would have to come off(like Spieth) were kids the last time Tiger was winning majors. They have no concept of how "scary" he is so why would just having Tiger on the leaderboard do anything?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2018, 07:47:39 AM »
Best I could come up to explain why this is silly....90% of the group who's wheels would have to come off(like Spieth) were kids the last time Tiger was winning majors. They have no concept of how "scary" he is so why would just having Tiger on the leaderboard do anything?

Tiger isn't scary Tiger anymore. He's not the T-2000 Terminator. He's been friendly, he's having fun. Rick, JT and others play with him regularly at Medalist.

I really wish Rick was in contention, because that Fu Manchu is fire.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2018, 09:08:47 AM »
In this wind, a 68 by Tigger would put at - 8, right?  That might do it.

jesmu84

• All American

🏀

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2018, 10:31:52 AM »
Damn you Herman for making me enjoy this less than I should be.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2018, 11:20:04 AM »
Not going to be a winner.  Going to be the last man standing.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2018, 12:01:32 PM »
What a final 36 for Rose.  From the brink of elimination to the clubhouse leader.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »
Wow.  In the cradle of golf and someone has to be a complete ahole.   >:(

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2018, 12:25:19 PM »
I don't think the guy who yelled in Tiger's backswing on 18 should be punched in the face.  A series of elbows to the rib cage by everyone who passes him and a pint or two dumped on his head...yeah I'm okay with that.