collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hanley cut from mornings on WSCR  (Read 9335 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Hanley cut from mornings on WSCR
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2018, 01:00:59 PM »
I used to listen to the score all day everyday at work.  Now I catch it on my car ride and might tune in when something big is happening.

Haugh is bad.  McKnight is brutal.  Bernstein is a shell of his old self.  I actually think Parkins and McNeil have a pretty good chemistry.  I wanted to hate that pairing but it's actually been a decent show in my opinion.

Bernstein changed after his one day suspension for tweeting "Boobs" at a CSN Chicago reporter's photo.  I think he tried to redeem himself with the Patrick Kane stuff but went way over the top and kind of looked foolish when the whole thing got thrown out.  He then kind of went off the deep end when Trump was elected.  He told a story on air of how his son asked him if Trump was going to round up the Jews to which he answered "I don't know son".  He then accused Jake Arrieta of being a anti-Semite when Jake called out those in Hollywood who said they would move to Canada if Trump were elected.  Now after the station changes, he's just sort of there. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2018, 01:19:28 PM »
I think it retrospect, Boers was the perfect foil for Bernstein.  I thought he would be fine with other partners, but he really just gets tiresome.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 01:44:25 PM »
I'm always surprised ESPN 1000 doesn't shake things up. They constantly get drilled in the ratings (having the Cubs certainly helps The Score though). I don't dislike any of their guys, they're all just ok though. DeFalco is meh, Kap is fine some days and gets on my nerves other times, Jurko plays the meatball card perfectly, and I've always found Waddle/Silvy to be the safest radio show out there (not really a compliment).

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2018, 08:31:09 AM »
I'm a huge Cubs fan and I can't stand Kap.   He wrote a book about the Cubs plan after the World Series after constantly crapping on the plan.  He's the guy who went out and bought a Cubs Pujols jersey when he was a free agent.  He's a clown and seems like an asswipe of a person whenever they show him behind the scenes.

I'm really hoping he doesn't have a huge presence on the new Cubs network but I don't like my odds.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2018, 10:29:43 PM »
I'm a huge Cubs fan and I can't stand Kap.   He wrote a book about the Cubs plan after the World Series after constantly crapping on the plan.  He's the guy who went out and bought a Cubs Pujols jersey when he was a free agent.  He's a clown and seems like an asswipe of a person whenever they show him behind the scenes.

I'm really hoping he doesn't have a huge presence on the new Cubs network but I don't like my odds.

Agree on Kap - poser.

feedback