2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 12:52:10 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 12:50:47 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by willie warrior
[Today at 12:45:02 PM]

MU Gear by Hards Alumni
[Today at 12:18:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 11:59:39 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo,on with Homer right now  (Read 11158 times)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: Wojo,on with Homer right now
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2018, 01:45:45 PM »
Could you morons please do a google search or investigate “Tune In” radio app.?
This is one of the most asinine strings on MU Scoop i have ever read and that is saying alot!!
You may need a nap but that doesn't mean you aren't 100% correct.

A program or two for me. Other than in my car, I stream the local AM shows on my phone. Other than that it's always Sirius XM for me.  ;)
Terrestrial radio is the worst, i'm never giving up my Sirius

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 04:18:08 PM »
Could you morons please do a google search or investigate “Tune In” radio app.?
This is one of the most asinine strings on MU Scoop i have ever read and that is saying alot!!

Agreed, I listen in Italy at 1400, Tune In, WiFi, no problem.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 04:33:54 PM »
Tune In, when that is not working the ESPN app. I'm sure there is a web site for those on computers.

For those without computers or phones, you are not on here so can't read this  :-\ But 540 comes in a lot better in most places compared to the old station (1130?).  Definitely a lot stronger to the south into Illinois.  At night I could never get 1130.  I an get 540.  I prefer 540 if in the car, but the apps are always there anyway.

I agree on the XM Radio.  I got it about 10 years ago and don't listen to over the air much, except for MU games once in a while. 

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 09:29:00 PM »
Apps are great when you don't have a mobile data limit.  If I were to listen to one game on TuneIn or some other app while driving from work to home, I'd kill my data allotment for the month.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 12:43:35 AM »
Streaming it is great if that's an option, but the car I prefer to take to the games doesn't have a Bluetooth or aux connection to the radio.  This means the pre and post game shows are more static than discernible discourse.  That is especially true for the post game show after the am stations all have to power down for evening hours.

If your stereo doesn't have bluetooth or an aux something like this works really well.

https://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B01DDPUQTS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1528954296&sr=8-6&keywords=cell+phone+radio+adapter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 09:37:01 AM »
Apps are great when you don't have a mobile data limit.  If I were to listen to one game on TuneIn or some other app while driving from work to home, I'd kill my data allotment for the month.

Still on the 250 MB plan for $7.99 through Cricket, aina?

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2018, 10:22:25 AM »
Still on the 250 MB plan for $7.99 through Cricket, aina?

That's crazy -- who would ever need that much data?*

* said by me in 2008, probably
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2018, 03:22:38 PM »
Has ESPN Milwaukee considered moving to an FM station? ESPN radio has had some success in other markets being on FM radio.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 07:05:47 PM »
You serious?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 08:32:14 AM by Newsdreams Likes Chardonnay »
Goal is National Championship

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 10:34:59 PM »
You seriuos?

😂😂

Seems thesame people living in 2010 that havent heard of Tune In also havent heard of no data limit packages.   Please contact ur service, most no data limit packages are as inexpensive as the plan u are probably on.  Data limits are so 2014 and will most likely be completely gone in the next year.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2018, 08:42:36 AM »
I'm kind of fascinated by how many people are upset that some MU fans do not think it is unreasonable to be able to listen to programming on a regular radio.     

I get it's 2018, and yes I used the tunein app last year when I was in our car that has bluetooth.  But wouldn't it be nice to just hit a button on the stereo and BAM, there's Homer and Wojo chattin' away on Thursday evening.  No need to pull out the phone while driving, free to switch stations during commercials, no need to buy a bluetooth adapter... just reliable, convenient, free terrestrial radio.  Just like God intended.     :)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »
I'm kind of fascinated by how many people are upset that some MU fans do not think it is unreasonable to be able to listen to programming on a regular radio.     

I get it's 2018, and yes I used the tunein app last year when I was in our car that has bluetooth.  But wouldn't it be nice to just hit a button on the stereo and BAM, there's Homer and Wojo chattin' away on Thursday evening.  No need to pull out the phone while driving, free to switch stations during commercials, no need to buy a bluetooth adapter... just reliable, convenient, free terrestrial radio.  Just like God intended.     :)

I also would like water stations for my horses when returning from the game.  Assuming I don't die of dysentery along the way.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 09:43:25 AM »

I also would like water stations for my horses when returning from the game.  Assuming I don't die of dysentery along the way.

It's great how you liken a medium that enjoys a 91-percent penetration rate among U.S. adults (per 2017 Nielsen data) to pre-industrial revolution transportation.  The radio isn't exactly an 8 track or CD...  this is something most Americans listen to on a regular basis (and still far surpasses streaming or satellite radio market share).   

Again, it's not that it's impossible to listen to the programming... but you'd think the size of our program would give good options on multiple platforms.  It's embarrassing you can't just flip on the radio to hear it without fighting the worlds worst signal or finding workarounds.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 10:05:41 AM »

It's great how you liken a medium that enjoys a 91-percent penetration rate among U.S. adults (per 2017 Nielsen data) to pre-industrial revolution transportation.  The radio isn't exactly an 8 track or CD...  this is something most Americans listen to on a regular basis (and still far surpasses streaming or satellite radio market share).   

Again, it's not that it's impossible to listen to the programming... but you'd think the size of our program would give good options on multiple platforms.  It's embarrassing you can't just flip on the radio to hear it without fighting the worlds worst signal or finding workarounds.

Mine was simply a light-hearted response.  But obviously Marquette felt this was the best option for whatever reasons.  My guess is that the demand for Marquette basketball on radio isn't as high as you think it is.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 10:34:32 AM »

Mine was simply a light-hearted response.  But obviously Marquette felt this was the best option for whatever reasons.  My guess is that the demand for Marquette basketball on radio isn't as high as you think it is.

You're WRONG!   I'm pretty sure 3.9 million people out of the 1.7 million in the metro area all want to listen to MU programming on the radio.

It's Friday... so discussing Marquette radio programming strategy is right on par with how I typically operate.     :-[

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2018, 10:42:12 AM »

I think u answered ur own question.  What u consider a workaround, most now consider ordinary.  Move forward kiddo
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 03:44:22 PM »
I think there is only one "strong" station in Milwaukee that being 620.  Other than that, who cares which station we are on... again 540 works better for me than 1130 ever did.  Much stronger signal to the south of the Illinois border.

FM is okay for those closer to Milwaukee, but not for those of us further away.  Gets weaker quicker than 540. Overall, 540 has been better, than 1130 in so many ways.

That being said, for those without computers or apps, well, that is a small number of people.  Also, for those worried about using up data minutes, I don't think streaming tune in uses too much data, not like streaming video.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2018, 10:42:45 PM »

#PenetrationRateData

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2018, 09:21:34 PM »
#PenetrationRateData

strong signal from this guy right here, aina.