[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So anyone playing Fortnite?  (Read 5360 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
So anyone playing Fortnite?
« on: June 06, 2018, 01:53:34 PM »
Anyone playing consistently? Just downloaded it for my XBox1 to see what all the hubbub was about
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: So anyone playing Fortnite?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 02:01:13 PM »
Pubg on pc for me

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 02:26:07 PM »
Not me, but it's like heroin laced with fentanyl for my 10-year-old and his friends.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 02:29:11 PM »
My 11 year old has been playing it every day for the past couple months.  I've played a few rounds.  The main draw for my son is he can talk to his friends while he plays.

That being said, all of them are terrible at the game.  I would find that frustrating.

If you look at a gaggle of boys in 5th grade, you won't go 30 seconds without seeing one of them "flossing" or doing "orange justice" .. both of which seem incredibly stupid.

I had him try PUBG on my tablet .. and he was awesome at it.  Nearly won his first round.  It seemed to be far easier, but maybe that had something to do with matchmaking .. maybe if he played it for a few hours, it'd get harder?

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 02:44:28 PM »
Not me, but it's like heroin laced with fentanyl for my 10-year-old and his friends.

I literally cannot stop my children from walking around the house yelling "FORTNOYYYYT!!"
Thanks, YouTube.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 02:46:53 PM »
All day every day. PS4

I’m terrible, but enjoy kills
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 02:58:02 PM »
I won after around 20 matches. Haven't played since.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »
We should set up a MUScoop xbox group.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 08:15:50 PM »
Anyone playing consistently? Just downloaded it for my XBox1 to see what all the hubbub was about

not 12 so no!

Disco Hippie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 08:23:51 PM »
My 11 yr old son does

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 08:31:45 PM »
My 11 year old has been playing it every day for the past couple months.  I've played a few rounds.  The main draw for my son is he can talk to his friends while he plays.

That being said, all of them are terrible at the game.  I would find that frustrating.

If you look at a gaggle of boys in 5th grade, you won't go 30 seconds without seeing one of them "flossing" or doing "orange justice" .. both of which seem incredibly stupid.

I had him try PUBG on my tablet .. and he was awesome at it.  Nearly won his first round.  It seemed to be far easier, but maybe that had something to do with matchmaking .. maybe if he played it for a few hours, it'd get harder?

Pubg on mobile is mostly bots. Very bad bots.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 08:44:16 PM »

Yes... my 4 sons. It’s all they do and all they fight about. Personally I’d like to strangle the creators of the game
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 11:26:04 PM »

Ditto on the 11yr old son being addicted. 

Funny story on the Fortnite dancing thing - during our preseason warmup tournament our dugout was chattering about the game instead of baseball.  We warned them that if they prioritize the video game over the baseball game we won't play them.  The next inning in the field 4 of them were doing the dances....we pulled them off the field with one out, replaced them with the two we had in the dugout, got absolutely abused with one outfielder, and have not heard a word about it for the last 3 months of ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 06:32:00 AM »
I am so closed off to video games that I had no idea until this thread where that stupid dance came from.   Half of the team that  I coach and my 11 year old plays on does it.  Thanks for the input.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 10:00:30 AM »
I do give them props for the homage to one of my favorite scrubs eps though.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2019, 03:43:38 PM »
Ok, full circle.

My 12 year old has informed me after 18 trillion hours of Fortnite, he and his friends are over it.

Now they are lost.   

What's the next big game that has a social aspect (headsets/mics) that is cross-platform?

Summer vacation is next week.  Time is of the essence to figure this out, or my sons will be forced to spend time outside playing frisbee or throwing a ball around and no one wants that kind of hassle.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2019, 04:56:41 PM »
Ok, full circle.

My 12 year old has informed me after 18 trillion hours of Fortnite, he and his friends are over it.

Now they are lost.   

What's the next big game that has a social aspect (headsets/mics) that is cross-platform?

Summer vacation is next week.  Time is of the essence to figure this out, or my sons will be forced to spend time outside playing frisbee or throwing a ball around and no one wants that kind of hassle.

In the grand scheme of things cross-platform is just now really becoming a thing.  Like the next COD made a big deal of the fact that they are allowing cross-plat.

If cross-platform is really necessary, maybe rocket league?  If cross-platform isn't that big of a deal, I dove deep into Warframe on switch a while back and found that enjoyable.  I forget if that had built in mic chat but the other platforms definitely will.

If they all have Xbox I would recommend Xbox Game Pass.  I'm sure $30 for a couple months of that will go a long way.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2019, 05:04:16 PM »
Firstly .. it is unfathomable to me why a game designer (of a game with a social aspect) would NOT do cross-platform.  You're instantly forcing your customers into platform-silos, and that doesn't work for most people, especially 10-20 year olds.

So yeah .. cross-platform is a dealbreaker.  These middle school kids are spread out, xbox, ps4, PC, Switch .. if no cross platform .. it's nearly worthless for these guys.

And yes .. they have xbox game pass .. it's needed for Fortnite.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2019, 06:18:17 PM »
Firstly .. it is unfathomable to me why a game designer (of a game with a social aspect) would NOT do cross-platform.  You're instantly forcing your customers into platform-silos, and that doesn't work for most people, especially 10-20 year olds.

So yeah .. cross-platform is a dealbreaker.  These middle school kids are spread out, xbox, ps4, PC, Switch .. if no cross platform .. it's nearly worthless for these guys.

Companies pay big money to developers for platform exclusivity.  That’s the only reason it happens outside some dev challenges that some platforms have.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2019, 08:15:40 PM »
We should set up a MUScoop xbox group.

Agreed, time to play apex, the much better battle royale

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2019, 10:20:25 PM »
I’ll probably play Forty tomorrow night. Let’s squad up!!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 11:07:07 PM »
Ok, full circle.

Now they are lost.   

Apex legends is the "new" big battle Royale.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 12:42:04 PM »

Xbox Game Pass is not required for Fortnite, but Xbox Live is.

Xbox live is on the order of $60/year and required for online multiplayer and other online social aspects for any/all games.

Xbox Game Pass is on the order of $10/month and is basically Netflix for video games.  It's possible you already have both but just wanted to make sure you had that straight.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 12:55:02 PM »
Ah, yes, you've set me straight. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2019, 07:30:47 PM »

PC players would absolutely wreck any of the console players.  Like, not even close.

feedback