collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: tough test questions...  (Read 3648 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
tough test questions...
« on: April 28, 2018, 08:51:35 AM »
  don't know about you guys, but test questions seemed to have changed somewhat from when i took them-

http://wqad.com/2018/04/27/florida-dad-angered-by-highly-inappropriate-question-on-daughters-anatomy-assignment/
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
Re: tough test questions...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 09:02:58 AM »
If I recall my high school genetics correctly, I believe the correct answer is "O."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 09:05:56 AM »
The answer is AB and O.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 09:24:24 AM »
The answer is AB and O.

Dammit.  That first one was obvious.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 10:03:49 AM »
Dammit.  That first one was obvious.

It's a well written question.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 10:40:13 AM »
Inappropriate question with the setup.  We can laugh about it, but that is out of bounds. 

“Ursula was devastated when her boyfriend broke up with her after having sex. To get revenge, she had sex with his best friend the next day. Ursula had a beautiful baby girl 9 months later. Ursula has type O blood, her ex-boyfriend is type AB blood, and his best friend is type A blood. If her baby daddy is her ex-boyfriend, what could her baby’s possible blood type(s) NOT be?”

School district officials said in a statement to WTLV that “the question was highly inappropriate and was not part of a district assessment.”   That's all that needs to be said.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 11:18:28 AM »
It's a well written question.

Yeah outside of Ursula's backstory, I think it was well-written.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 11:41:08 AM »

Yeah outside of Ursula's backstory, I think it was well-written.

I especially love that the name Urusla was used.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 01:22:54 PM »
Ursula should have contracted aids. Would have spiced up the story.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 01:24:04 PM »
  well, ursula sure showed her "what's his name" ex-boyfriend who's the boss, eyn'a?  then they leave ya hanging as they make no mention of the names they had picked out for the offspring. and why did the "ex-boy friend" break up with her?  bad sex?  not enough foreplay?  i mean, come on!  guess we'll have to wait for the next test to see how this turns out ?-(
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 09:20:37 PM »
  don't know about you guys, but test questions seemed to have changed somewhat from when i took them-

http://wqad.com/2018/04/27/florida-dad-angered-by-highly-inappropriate-question-on-daughters-anatomy-assignment/

What on earth could possess a teacher to write a question like this?

Stupidity.  Revoke the license.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 09:34:22 PM »
Nobuddy war a raincoat. Dat shoulda bin a given ,hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 09:41:18 PM »
Did anyone else take Phil 001 (Logic) with the teacher who used to write 'if p then q' questions about Jack Horkheimer aka Star Hustler?

"If Star Hustler goes out tonight he will get blotto. Star Hustler got blotto, therefore?"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 09:43:26 PM »
Is da correct answer, Larry went out tanite, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 06:40:37 AM »

Why is WQAD running Florida stories. Quad Cities media run out of murder, robbery, incest and layoff stories?

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 12:09:25 PM »
What on earth could possess a teacher to write a question like this?

Stupidity.  Revoke the license.

Came from the school district, not a teacher.  All the high schools in the district had the fun of distributing this question on the test for that class.

EDIT:  Apparently it was a teacher.  Very stupid.  I'm sure he or she was trying to connect with the kids, but they have to use better judgment as adults.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:58:52 PM by WarriorDad »
— Plato

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 12:24:27 PM »
Came from the school district, not a teacher.  All the high schools in the district had the fun of distributing this question on the test for that class.

If you read the article, the school district says that wasn't a question from them and they are investigating how this question got on that students worksheet. 

In all honesty, this question was inappropriate, but the uproar about it is absurd.  These are 11th grade kids, parents are promoting far more immoral activity than reading a question, that accurately reflects the mentality of some of these kids (e.g. revenge sex). 

Whoever wrote the question probably thought it would provide some levity to the exam, and used language their students routinely use (and stories they likely hear), the teacher forgot to be the adult in the room.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 12:57:52 PM »
If you read the article, the school district says that wasn't a question from them and they are investigating how this question got on that students worksheet. 

In all honesty, this question was inappropriate, but the uproar about it is absurd.  These are 11th grade kids, parents are promoting far more immoral activity than reading a question, that accurately reflects the mentality of some of these kids (e.g. revenge sex). 

Whoever wrote the question probably thought it would provide some levity to the exam, and used language their students routinely use (and stories they likely hear), the teacher forgot to be the adult in the room.

I stand corrected and will edit my previous response.

Why is the uproar absurd?  These are tax dollars at work, the level of uproar should be high. It doesn't matter if they are 11th grade kids, the question was completely out of bounds.  Kids drop the F bomb, call each other racial names, have heard it all, does that mean because they have that teachers should use the same language in the class?   

Schools are supposed to at least attempt to be some beacons of light, educating kids on what they are supposed to do.  They won't always get it right. I have great great respect for teachers and the educational system, but this was a bad one and fuels certain people to want to rip on educators. 

Here is interview with the father.  https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/florida-school-district-responds-after-homework-included-sexually-explicit-baby-daddy-question/67-546493158
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:02:44 PM by WarriorDad »
— Plato

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 01:22:03 PM »

Why is the uproar absurd?  These are tax dollars at work, the level of uproar should be high. It doesn't matter if they are 11th grade kids, the question was completely out of bounds.  Kids drop the F bomb, call each other racial names, have heard it all, does that mean because they have that teachers should use the same language in the class?   

Schools are supposed to at least attempt to be some beacons of light, educating kids on what they are supposed to do.  They won't always get it right. I have great great respect for teachers and the educational system, but this was a bad one and fuels certain people to want to rip on educators. 

Here is interview with the father.  https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/florida-school-district-responds-after-homework-included-sexually-explicit-baby-daddy-question/67-546493158

Like I said, it was inappropriate, but did not remotely require national press and national condemnation.  Regarding educating kids on what they are "supposed to do," there are two ways of looking at it.  Revenge sex, and multiple partners is bad...are kids aware of it and partake in it, also yes.  This question actually highlights the negative consequences of it, pregnancy and not knowing even who the father is. 

The question highlights the negative consequences for partaking in immoral activities.

Still inappropriate for high school, but no where near the levels to warrant public outcry and national attention.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:29:18 PM by forgetful »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 12:27:40 PM »

Ha, agree again. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 06:33:24 PM »
I was hoping for an ending to the story.

Did the kid turn out all right? What does he/she look like? What are his/her goals and aspirations?

C'mon ... don't leave us hangin'!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson