[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dwyane Wade impact on MU thread  (Read 3719 times)

Knight Commission

• All American
Dwyane Wade impact on MU thread
« on: April 21, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »
Not too many other Basketball Hall of Famers I would choose to help define the program.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 04:15:05 PM by Knight Commission »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Dwyane Wade impact on MU Program thread
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 04:04:46 PM »
Pretty skinny opening post to start a discussion. Any articles or stories to help flesh out talking points?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Knight Commission

• All American
Re: Dwyane Wade impact on MU Program thread
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 04:12:51 PM »
Let's start with this.

https://urbanmilwaukee.com/pressrelease/miami-heats-dwyane-wade-makes-gift-to-marquette-university-to-enhance-literacy-for-inner-city-children/

And personally, the fishing charter captain in the Keys this year (born and raised) who extended my charter and in turn helped me catch a Tarpon solely because of my MU hat and boys MU gear.  According to him, Wade has eclipsed Marino/Shula in South Florida.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 04:27:19 PM by Knight Commission »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Dwyane Wade impact on MU thread
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 09:45:52 PM »
D Wade has had an incredible professional career  and is among the true legends of the game . I am delighted to see him doing so well in the playoffs and demonstrating that incredible Basketball IQ as he ages physically. He is a strong supporter of the school at large  and the basketball program and is an incredible asset. Over time, especially after retirement I think he will have the same impact at MU that Magic Johnson has had at Michigan State.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

1SE

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 01:25:41 AM »
Agree he has been a real ambassador. Doubtful, but would be great if he came back in retirement and finished the degree.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 05:38:09 AM »
Doubtful, but would be great if he came back in retirement and finished the degree.

I'm not criticizing your post, just curious why you think this matters, either for D-Wade or M-quette.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 06:36:05 AM »
      not to digress, but along the same lines, has doc river's MU connection brought us the notoriety i believe it deserves?  yes, he has been mentioned in the same sentence as marquette in some conversations, but i will bet many do not know that he was THE MAN here from 1980-83.
       he finished his degree here while playing in the nba.  he had a decent nba career.  he was elected to the board of trustees in 2005.
     i guess it would have helped if he sent any of his kids to mu.  they were all very athletic as well
don't...don't don't don't don't

1SE

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 02:21:27 AM »
I'm not criticizing your post, just curious why you think this matters, either for D-Wade or M-quette.

MU - just further strengthens the affiliation. All these years later I still remember Shaq went back to LSU to finish (later bogus MBA and PhD aside). I'd probably remember he went to LSU anyway, but that nes always left me with a more positive impression of LSU.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 12:08:42 PM »
      not to digress, but along the same lines, has doc river's MU connection brought us the notoriety i believe it deserves?  yes, he has been mentioned in the same sentence as marquette in some conversations, but i will bet many do not know that he was THE MAN here from 1980-83.
       he finished his degree here while playing in the nba.  he had a decent nba career.  he was elected to the board of trustees in 2005.
     i guess it would have helped if he sent any of his kids to mu.  they were all very athletic as well

Wait till Doc Rivers comes back to be the next coach of the Milwaukee Bucks.  The "homecoming" stories will go on and on...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 12:29:59 PM »
MU - just further strengthens the affiliation. All these years later I still remember Shaq went back to LSU to finish (later bogus MBA and PhD aside). I'd probably remember he went to LSU anyway, but that nes always left me with a more positive impression of LSU.
I'm ok with him not getting his degree, he comes back a lot and has given back to MU and is very proud of MU (I know the IU shorts). Plus he has a great name brand and business model.
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 03:35:54 PM »

OK, thanks for the answer.

I still don't think D-Wade getting his degree is "necessary" for anybody in the equation, but I appreciate your response.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

1SE

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 02:49:50 AM »
OK, thanks for the answer.

I still don't think D-Wade getting his degree is "necessary" for anybody in the equation, but I appreciate your response.

I don't think I ever said or implied "necessary" - just that it would be nice frosting on the relationship if he did. Would be nice if our most famous alum was also a graduate. But, like I said doubt it will happen and I won't lose any sleep about it - just filler on an off-season thread.

feedback