collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Question re Final Four tickets  (Read 1830 times)

LloydsLegs

• All American
Question re Final Four tickets
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:36:04 PM »
So, as a Loyola grad and Nova dad (no, I don’t yet have the t-shirt), I decided to get the family to San Antonio for Easter.  I’ve arranged air and hotel, and now need the game tickets.  In the end, I’ll (obviously) being buying them On the secondary market, though I have reached out to a couple of other sources, and Ms.Legs will find out tomorrow about student ticket.

Any advice on the best way/best online source (vivid, stubhub, prime etc)  to get tickets to the Saturday night games?  Monday’s game will be easy, I would guess.  Appreciate it!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Question re Final Four tickets
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »
Went in Houston the year Nova won. Used Vivid seats and it was a relatively painless process. Had to go to a random hotel to pick up the tickets but once the it was quick and easy. My experience was that championship tickets were much cheaper than final four tickets.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 10:06:27 PM »
I would imagine with only one blueblood in the FF, tickets won’t be terrible.  Villanova hasn’t even half the following of Kansas, and most Michigan fans probably don’t even know they still have a basketball team.  LUC should have a decent following, but Easter weekend probably does not correlate to swaths of fans in SAT. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 04:44:22 PM »
I would imagine with only one blueblood in the FF, tickets won’t be terrible.  Villanova hasn’t even half the following of Kansas, and most Michigan fans probably don’t even know they still have a basketball team.  LUC should have a decent following, but Easter weekend probably does not correlate to swaths of fans in SAT.

Likely true. Back in '03, we had to deal with the huge 'Cuse and Kansas followings. And even though hoops at Texas is just something to do between football and spring football, New Orleans was a pretty short drive so they had a decent turnout too. Given all that, MU still represented very well.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 01:23:39 PM »
Likely true. Back in '03, we had to deal with the huge 'Cuse and Kansas followings. And even though hoops at Texas is just something to do between football and spring football, New Orleans was a pretty short drive so they had a decent turnout too. Given all that, MU still represented very well.

Thanks.  From all that I have herd, including the former head of the ticket office for a D1 team and a few ticket brokers, patience is best, especially in a year with no local team and a couple (maybe 3 - not sure about Michigan bball) of teams that don't travel in huge numbers. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »
Thanks.  From all that I have herd, including the former head of the ticket office for a D1 team and a few ticket brokers, patience is best, especially in a year with no local team and a couple (maybe 3 - not sure about Michigan bball) of teams that don't travel in huge numbers.

One of my co-workers (UM grad) is going to the game and said he got amazing seats through the school.  He isn't a STH and doesn't strike me as a major donor, so FWIW, if that's any indication of what kind of demand UM is getting for tickets.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 01:10:31 PM »
One of my co-workers (UM grad) is going to the game and said he got amazing seats through the school.  He isn't a STH and doesn't strike me as a major donor, so FWIW, if that's any indication of what kind of demand UM is getting for tickets.

Sounds like it'll be a buyers' market.

I hope a bunch of distant football schools - plus Marquette - make it next year when it's in Minneapolis.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 02:23:43 PM »
Sounds like it'll be a buyers' market.

I hope a bunch of distant football schools - plus Marquette - make it next year when it's in Minneapolis.

Marquette, Texas Tech, Clemson, and Miami would be outstanding.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 02:30:04 PM »
Marquette, Texas Tech, Clemson, and Miami would be outstanding.

Miami brings a national fanbase, gimme someone like USC instead.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 03:28:18 PM »
Part of the reason it’ll be a buyers market is San Antonio isn’t easy to get to, and it’s Easter weekend/end of spring break. We’re flying into/out of Dallas, and even that was a pain to get, and I live in Chicago.

That and none of the schools are close, and two private schools, I’d expect good prices, especially come midday Friday into Saturday.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »

Not to Minneapolis they won't.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 04:39:54 PM »

I'd be willing to take my chances with Miami. It was easily the least represented team in DC for the Sweet Sixteen.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 04:58:02 PM »
Part of the reason it’ll be a buyers market is San Antonio isn’t easy to get to, and it’s Easter weekend/end of spring break. We’re flying into/out of Dallas, and even that was a pain to get, and I live in Chicago.

That and none of the schools are close, and two private schools, I’d expect good prices, especially come midday Friday into Saturday.

Absolutely. Even now they are surprisingly affordable. Some lower level end zone and corners are going for under $800 for Saturday, and under $300 for Monday. Usually the uppers are going for more than that this far out....