collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: From Muskego to National Team  (Read 1111 times)

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
From Muskego to National Team
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:44:15 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2018/03/21/meet-the-young-usmnt-hopeful-with-a-serbian-accent-and-a-torrid-goal-rate-in-netherlands/

6’4” striker from Muskego, Wisconsin who will make his National team debut March 27th.  He went to Muskego high school and played club for the Chicago Magic team.  He was the 6th ranked recruit nationally according to topdrawersoccer.com  and committed to Marquette over UCLA.  He decided to skip college and turn pro for Reading...a difficult decision at the time.  I know he and his family personally and am so pumped to see his National team debut. 
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
Re: From Muskego to National Team
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 07:58:22 AM »
Thank you for posting this.  On a side note, the St. Sava community that they reference in this article is fascinating.  My wife had a high school friend part of this community.  Her marriage was arranged for her but it's worked out. 

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 08:47:42 PM »
He was able to get his first national team cap playing 18 minutes and almost scoring in the 92nd minute
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Goose

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »
Sultan

Fair warning, I am Serbian and my relatives are VERY active at St. Sava's. The Serbian community in MKE is large and St. Sava's is a wonderful place. While I was raised Catholic, my Mom was Serbian Orthodox, I have many, many fond memories of St. Sava's. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone try their Sunday BBQ in the summer after Sunday Mass. The lamb is out of this world.

The Serbs love basketball and soccer. Actually, my Grandma spent a great deal of time with Pistol Pete when he was young in Libertyville summer camp. When Vlade Divac came to St. Sava's they drank the joint dry!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:28:36 AM by Goose »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 10:47:32 AM »
Sultan

Fair warning, I am Serbian and my relatives are VERY active at St. Sava's. The Serbian community in MKE is large and St. Sava's is a wonderful place. While I was raised Catholic, my Mom was Serbian Orthodox, I have many, many fond memories of St. Sava's. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone try their Sunday BBQ in the summer after Sunday Mass. The lamb is out of this world.

The Serbs love basketball and soccer. Actually, my Grandma spent a great deal of time with Pistol Pete when he was young in Libertyville summer camp. When Vlade Divac came to St. Sava's they drank the joint dry!!

Oh I meant fascinating in a completely positive way.  When I was a student I took an Eastern Orthodox class and we had to attend a orthodox mass somewhere and write a report on it.  I went to St. Sava's and I can say without a doubt it is the most beautiful church I have ever stepped foot in.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 10:53:16 AM »
Sultan

I know, was teasing. I will say that my Mom's funeral at St. Sava's was an event that countless people have commented to me about over the years. It is a simply beautiful church and my Grandma's fingerprints are on much of what makes St. Sava'a what it is today.

One quick side story on my Mom's funeral, MU basketball was mentioned several times during the service and I will remember the hug George Thompson gave me after communion for the rest of my life.