'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fire Bill Scholl?  (Read 10186 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Fire Bill Scholl?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 03:29:48 PM »
I understand and agree. Yet as little of a difference, it could have made some.
Lastly and most specifically tho relative to onesjob as an ad or an asst., should not one basic job requirement that one could expect would be to fill the fin schedule?? Again like the admins at the other 350 are able to do?  And two yrs in a row?  Plz wtf??!!

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 05:34:17 PM »
Not sure that it would have mattered thus year but im a little annoyed tgat we are not capable of filling our schedule the last two years.  Afain most assuredky didnt make a difference but you have to winder hiw much of a factor it is on the commitee to hit that 20 win acheivement
Again prolly not that big of a deal but wtf the itger 350 d1 schools can fill a gd schedule

I think the Zodiak Killer code breakers had an easier task decoding his cyphers than understanding this post.

leever

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 06:30:48 PM »
It's on the priests.  They are clearly not praying hard enough for victories.  Fire them all!

chapman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »
Can you point to specific actions or non-actions that support this view?  "We dint win da games" doesn't count.  Has Scholl put inadequate personnel in place?  Has his department put together a schedule that hindered our team or its postseason chances?  Have they failed to generate enough revenue or adequately fund to levels necessary to compete at the desired level?  Has he made an ass of himself in the media and continually rubbed the coach the wrong way? 

What a stupid ass thread. Bill Scholl is fantastic and a complete breath of fresh air from Larry Williams who would find a way to interject himself into non issues and give the press quotes when none were needed.

This.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 07:05:57 PM »
It's Al Davis.  Nuff said. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 07:08:40 PM »
I think a reasonable approach would be to shut the entire school down, burn the buildings and salt the earth.
Not good enough.  This goes to the top. 

FIRE GOD.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 07:28:37 PM »
Troll? Not so much. I'm a MU alum, lifelong fan and have connections to the program that run deep. I, however, am not a big fan of the current regime. Why would I be? Wojo hasn't won enough meaningful games. We're in the Fn NIT in year 4. This whole rebuild is taking a lot longer than most fans would like. Eventually, the act gets old. You can twist these disappointing seasons however you want, but the fact is that Marquette basketball simply isn't that good. Will we be good next season like everyone is predicting? I sure hope so. But if not, it's time to cut our losses with Wojo and get another coach who will hopefully have a lot more success.

I am aware of the successes of the other Marquette teams. However, we all know, men's basketball takes the cake. It is what drives the athletic department and the university. It's time to get MU hoops back on the level that Buzz had us at. Wasn't long ago!

The cute experiment with Wojo needs to come to an end if he doesn't get it done next season. Top 3 Big East finish, NCAA tourney bid and make it to the second weekend. Those are my expectations for a coach in his 5th season of trying to rebuild it his way...

Fire Wojo.
Send an old fashioned snail mail letter to Mike Lovell and present your grievances regarding our basketball coach in detail. I guarantee you will receive a response.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Class71

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2018, 07:52:36 PM »
I promise you one think you will not get five years to succeed in your job unless you work for the government, a university or a non profit.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2018, 08:13:45 PM »
I promise you one think you will not get five years to succeed in your job unless you work for the government, a university or a non profit.

That’s laughable.  It’s amazing how many mediocre employees last 5, 25, 35 years, especially in large corporations.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2018, 08:16:52 PM »
[quote a/uthor=leever link=topic=55950.msg1004782#msg1004782 date=1520897448]
It's on the priests.  They are clearly not praying hard enough for victories.  Fire them all!
[/quote]

I agree with this. World peace and loving our neighbors my ass. What is really important

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2018, 08:25:56 PM »
I didn't pick Marquette due to basketball.  I wasn't even remotely close to being a basketball fan prior to college.  But I knew of Marquette due to them having a recognizable basketball program.  Without it, there is almost no chance I would have felt it was worth checking out.  I doubt I am alone.

Yes sir. I believe  Marquette’s applications doubled after the final four run. Basketball team does a ton for the school.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2018, 08:32:11 PM »

Good thing Wojo has succeeded in years 1-4. You just don't agree with the definition of success.

And while I work for a university, I work with many people in the private sector who have not been successful at their jobs for decades.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2018, 08:43:06 PM »
Yes sir. I believe  Marquette’s applications doubled after the final four run. Basketball team does a ton for the school.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flutie_effect

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2018, 08:51:15 PM »

Most cost effective marketing tool the University has.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2018, 09:03:52 PM »
FIRE THIS GUY! Clearly not taking men's basketball seriously enough.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2018, 09:14:13 PM »
Um, I beg to differ.

Have some patience, FFS.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2018, 09:41:09 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2018, 11:03:43 PM »
Absolutely! Fire everybody!

The Al Davis Method has worked wonders for the Raiders the last 15 years (and most of the last 30).

While we're at it, let's just move the Marquette basketball team to L.A. ... and then back to Milwaukee ... and then to Vegas!

Yep, fire everybody every couple of years ... that practically guarantees success in sports!!

Just suck, baby.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2018, 11:27:53 PM »
http://www.topix.com/ncaa/depaul/2018/03/depaul-students-alumni-call-for-firing-of-ad-in-newspaper-ad?fromrss=1

TAMU, you are one of the maybe 4-5 go-to posters here which I consult regularly for excellent info. But on this one, I have to quote Jason Sudeikis's character from We're The Millers...."Stay the @&#% outta (Hot) Topix."
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 12:24:21 AM »
TAMU, you are one of the maybe 4-5 go-to posters here which I consult regularly for excellent info. But on this one, I have to quote Jason Sudeikis's character from We're The Millers...."Stay the @&#% outta (Hot) Topix."

I honestly don't know what topix is. I was on the DePaul verbal commits page and this was the top story.
TAMU

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 12:33:02 AM »
Troll? Not so much. I'm a MU alum, lifelong fan and have connections to the program that run deep. I, however, am not a big fan of the current regime. Why would I be? Wojo hasn't won enough meaningful games. We're in the Fn NIT in year 4. This whole rebuild is taking a lot longer than most fans would like. Eventually, the act gets old. You can twist these disappointing seasons however you want, but the fact is that Marquette basketball simply isn't that good. Will we be good next season like everyone is predicting? I sure hope so. But if not, it's time to cut our losses with Wojo and get another coach who will hopefully have a lot more success.

I am aware of the successes of the other Marquette teams. However, we all know, men's basketball takes the cake. It is what drives the athletic department and the university. It's time to get MU hoops back on the level that Buzz had us at. Wasn't long ago!

The cute experiment with Wojo needs to come to an end if he doesn't get it done next season. Top 3 Big East finish, NCAA tourney bid and make it to the second weekend. Those are my expectations for a coach in his 5th season of trying to rebuild it his way...

Fire Wojo.
Do MU a favor and become a fan of some other school.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2018, 01:31:20 AM »
I honestly don't know what topix is. I was on the DePaul verbal commits page and this was the top story.

No big deal. Topix started as a news aggregator site before it transitioned to news creation... dramatic, salacious "news" is its forte. I know you're just the messenger here, but rumors of Dave Leitao's and JLP's imminent demise are amusing.

Wishing to avoid the Shamrock Shuffle logjams, I committed MU Hoops sacrilege a couple weeks ago by attending the Xavier at DePaul game during the same timeframe MU was playing Creighton in Milwaukee. Despite logistical concessions problems, Wintrust is a gem of a new arena. DL coached a very solid game against a top5 team, and I went away from that game seeing DePaul as on the cusp of an overdue rising trajectory. No, I would not trade places with them. But, firing their coach and AD would set them back considerably, if that is even possible. DL may be a "re-tread", but he has resources not available to him during round1 of his Lincoln Park tenure.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2018, 07:26:20 AM »
As a government employee I take offense but not until I complete my 45 minute B break....well, maybe tomorrow, I'm not feeling it today.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2018, 07:57:13 AM »
Umm - I believe it is a reputation for high academic standards and a service-based philosophy that drives Marquette.  Don't really think most students pick Marquette as their choice for higher education because of the basketball team.  Just as most students do not pick Duke for its basketball team.  Let's get a grip on what we are talking about here, super-fan or not.

I did not go to Marquette because of the basketball team, but I probably wouldn't have spoken with the recruiter back in 1978 if I hadn't known of the school through the basketball team.  There certainly is value in that, particularly outside Wisconsin and the states immediately surrounding it.  But since you folks don't particularly want east coasters, maybe we should shuttle the program after all.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback