collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Michael Porter Jr.  (Read 1193 times)

skianth16

• All American
Michael Porter Jr.
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:41:16 PM »
Michael Porter Jr. is finally coming back for Missouri this week. Skeptics see little upside for him to play this year, especially against top competition. Of course, Mizzou fans think they can make a deep run now. Regardless of which camp you're in, this is big, big news. If ever there were a way to add a little extra drama to March, this is it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/michael-porter-jr-sec-tournament-return-should-cause-celebration-not-cynicism/

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Michael Porter Jr.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 11:40:22 PM »
He's not spending 5 years in college, so this make no centz
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 12:04:05 AM »
The only way he hurts his draft status is if he gets hurt. Otherwise, chalk it up to inexperience, rustiness, etc. But if he's truly healthy and plays well, he gives him self a better shot at a top 3 pick. There was a chance he was already there, though, so there's not a ton of upside

Cream Biggums

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 04:38:43 AM »
He's mentioned more than once that he's not necessarily a one and done. With his history of winning, he probably has sky high confidence and thinks he can take Mizzou to a final 4. He took an unknown high school team to an undefeated record and finished the year ranked #1 in the country on maxprep, and he, along with Trae Young, carried Mokan to a Peach Jam championship. He's probably confident in himself to keep his top 5 spot in next year's draft if he comes back for his sophmore season. This route also gives him a full season in college to rehabilitate his injury instead of rushing into the NBA

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 09:56:17 AM »
Nice headline and all, but strictly in terms of impact on the game, it kinda reminds me of when Dominic came back in the Mizzou game in '09. He wanted to help the team and did his best, but he wasn't as ready as he had hoped.

With Mizzou you also have to factor in the chemistry/rotations. This team played all but a few minutes of the season without him. And while they struggled at the beginning of the SEC season with a 3-5 start...they got it together and went 7-3 down the stretch.

Guess we'll find out....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »
He's mentioned more than once that he's not necessarily a one and done. With his history of winning, he probably has sky high confidence and thinks he can take Mizzou to a final 4. He took an unknown high school team to an undefeated record and finished the year ranked #1 in the country on maxprep, and he, along with Trae Young, carried Mokan to a Peach Jam championship. He's probably confident in himself to keep his top 5 spot in next year's draft if he comes back for his sophmore season. This route also gives him a full season in college to rehabilitate his injury instead of rushing into the NBA

Whens the last time a consensus top 3 NBA draft pick returned to school?  The injury situation reminds me of Kyrie Irving at Duke, and like that, it did nothing to his draft stock.

Also, wouldn't you rather rehab in the NBA with the best doctors money can buy while making millions in your recovery?  Ive been wrong before, but I still dont see how him leaving isn't a no brainer.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 11:14:41 AM »
I know there's been talk that he might not be a one and done, but I've got to think those odds are awfully small. I don't know if I've seen a mock draft without Porter in the top 5. If I'm him, I take the money. No doubt.

I'm guessing he plays 10 minutes or so in the Big 12 games to see how it goes and maybe gets some more time in the NCAAs. I would imagine seeing your team doing well and knowing you're cleared to play would make it tough for a competitive kid like Porter to remain on the sidelines. For the sake his team, let's hope his addition to the lineup doesn't become a distraction to the rest of the team.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 05:51:42 PM »
Whens the last time a consensus top 3 NBA draft pick returned to school?  The injury situation reminds me of Kyrie Irving at Duke, and like that, it did nothing to his draft stock.

Also, wouldn't you rather rehab in the NBA with the best doctors money can buy while making millions in your recovery?  Ive been wrong before, but I still dont see how him leaving isn't a no brainer.

Jared Sullinger was projected top 5 when he returned to Ohio State.
Turned out to be a bad decision.

That said, Porter isn't a consensus top 3 pick. I don't see him going ahead of any of Ayton, Bagley, Doncic or Bamba, much less two of them.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 10:16:05 PM »
Porter is gone, book it.

feedback