[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pippen's dunk on Ewing  (Read 1092 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Pippen's dunk on Ewing
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:13:41 PM »
So this is random, but I just looked up Scottie Pippen's dunk on Patrick Ewing. You know the one. The dunk was perfect. The fact that Spike Lee was there to get an earful from Scottie was perfect. The crowd reaction was perfect. For any fans of The Ringer, it would score very highly on their disrespectful dunk index. But I noticed something I hadn't before, and I was wondering if anyone had a decent-quality picture of the guy holding the "Basketball Not Football" sign (it's around the 0:39 second mark if you watch the first link on youtube). I tried a couple times but couldn't get a decent screenshot.

Lil help?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: Pippen's dunk on Ewing
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:24:11 AM »
No takers? I thought the BASKETBALL NOT FOOTBALL sign might have more fans, considering our conference affiliation.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:24:09 AM »
I remember that.  I think the "Basketball Not Football" was a reference to the refs not calling the game close enough.  (I could be wrong, but I think Phil Jackson used that line in a interview).  This was when East Coast media was dubbed them the "Cry-Baby Bulls."

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
I remember that.  I think the "Basketball Not Football" was a reference to the refs not calling the game close enough.  (I could be wrong, but I think Phil Jackson used that line in a interview).  This was when East Coast media was dubbed them the "Cry-Baby Bulls."

It may have been. I was too young then to remember anything about reffing in these games, but that makes sense.

I just wanted to adopt the sign to reflect the Big East's priorities vs. the rest of the NCAA.
Signature:

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 11:43:41 AM »
It may have been. I was too young then to remember anything about reffing in these games, but that makes sense.

I just wanted to adopt the sign to reflect the Big East's priorities vs. the rest of the NCAA.

To replace your current avatar?

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 06:40:20 PM »
To replace your current avatar?

It might! I've had this one since the beginning of my Scoop career. Could be time for a change.
Signature:

feedback