[Today at 10:10:04 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 08:56:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: LeBron & Co. vs. Laura Ingraham  (Read 1943 times)

MU82

• All American
LeBron & Co. vs. Laura Ingraham
« on: February 18, 2018, 09:43:24 AM »
Why is Laura Ingraham more qualified than LeBron, Wade and Steve Kerr, among others, to comment on social issues?

Why did she criticize black athletes but not white athletes and coaches who also have spoken in favor of gun control and other social issues (none more eloquently than Kerr)?

Ingraham is just another talking head, and a fairly ignorant, intransigent one at that. She contributes to dividing our nation and promulgating stereotypes ... and last I saw, she does not have exclusive rights to make commentary on social issues.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
Re: LeBron & Co. vs. Laura Ingraham
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 09:51:32 AM »
Why is Laura Ingraham more qualified than LeBron, Wade and Steve Kerr, among others, to comment on social issues?

Why did she criticize black athletes but not white athletes and coaches who also have spoken in favor of gun control and other social issues (none more eloquently than Kerr)?

Ingraham is just another talking head, and a fairly ignorant, intransigent one at that. She contributes to dividing our nation and promulgating stereotypes ... and last I saw, she does not have exclusive rights to make commentary on social issues.

She's had multiple celebrities, including athletes, come on her show to discuss politics/social issues in the past. So...

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 09:55:53 AM »

Why did she criticize black athletes but not white athletes and coaches who also have spoken in favor of gun control and other social issues

It's Fox. It's called the "Southern Strategy". They've been doing it for years. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:26:44 PM by Mutaman »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 10:57:02 AM »
Let's just save time.  Predictable posters make predictable and increasingly  heated posts.   Thread locked.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 11:31:59 AM »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 01:00:02 PM »
The name Curt Schilling should be enough to lock this thread. Thought LeBron handled it with great class.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 01:30:31 PM »
"Gene Simmons discusses health care reform"
 ;D ;D ;D
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »
I gotta admit, Bobby Knight was spot on!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 02:32:37 PM »
My favorite was when Nugent threatened to put a gun in Obama's mouth and pull the trigger. I guess those are the kinds of celebrities talking about politics that Ingraham prefers.

My actual favorite was when Nugent got Mike Huckabee to perform Cat Scratch Fever with him. While Nugent was singing about eating you-know-what, he threw a devilish look at the rev, who just smiled back sheepily.

Seriously though, back to my OP ...

Ingraham is like all the others from all of the political networks. She thinks she has something special to offer, some special insight. She's just another biased nabob. How is she any more or less "equipped" to talk about any of this stuff than LeBron, Kerr, any of us Scoopers, Bono, my next-door neighbor, anybody?

I liked LeBron's response. He didn't even know her name, which was perfect!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 04:44:51 PM »
Let's just save time.  Predictable posters make predictable and increasingly  heated posts.   Thread locked.

Yet, the Scoop Intelligencia keep going at it telling us how we should think.  Does any one think here we care here what these two think?  What Ted Nugget or Sean Penn think?  What Oprah or Laura Ingarham tell us is the truth? 

Most of these people are idiots and hypocrites in reality, not highly educated but they think they are elites.  Jenny McCarthy is the classic having put silicone in her body (among other things and people), yet goes on an anti-vax campaign.  I wish her ex would have got vaccinated with Hep A and so does his dead ex-girlfriend.  No, let's listen to Fabio and Harvey Weinstein.

Lindsey Vonn is upset?  Hey, most are not upset about your politics, we are upset you imposed it on us during a sporting event or awards ceremony.

Take it to Reddit! Most of us don't give two sheets.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 04:50:37 PM »
Sexist!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 05:27:56 PM »
I will put out a poll on Laura Ingraham in the next chat room during a time out.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 10:13:09 AM »
Serious question ...

Micheal Jordan supposedly said “Republicans buy shoes, too” whether he actually said it or not the sentiment had been the guiding principle for as long as we have had celebrities. Stay out of religion and politics!

Why alienate half the country when you want all of the country to buy your products (in Lebron’s case this is the NBA and his endorsements).

Forgetting whether you agree with his politics, political activism is not smart business.  You unnecessarily narrow your audience.