[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: $29 iPhone Battery Replacement  (Read 2320 times)

Benny B

• All American
$29 iPhone Battery Replacement
« on: January 30, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »
Has anyone done this?  It sounds like you have to make a Genius Bar appt. but I’m hearing conflicting info on whether the replacement is actually done in-store or if the phone has to be sent in?  Also wondering about how long I have to be without my phone (or if I can get a loaner)... if in-store, is it same day or how long to send them off to a central battery replacement facility somewhere?  I’ve got a 6s and it’s in pristine shape if not for the fact that even with minimal use or on idle, battery life will go from 100% to mid 50s-low 60s during an 8 hour workday (it could go 3-4 days without needing to be charged when I first got it).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: $29 iPhone Battery Replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 03:43:21 PM »
Has anyone done this?  It sounds like you have to make a Genius Bar appt. but I’m hearing conflicting info on whether the replacement is actually done in-store or if the phone has to be sent in?  Also wondering about how long I have to be without my phone (or if I can get a loaner)... if in-store, is it same day or how long to send them off to a central battery replacement facility somewhere?  I’ve got a 6s and it’s in pristine shape if not for the fact that even with minimal use or on idle, battery life will go from 100% to mid 50s-low 60s during an 8 hour workday (it could go 3-4 days without needing to be charged when I first got it).

I dont know about an Iphone, but a replacement battery for just about any other phone takes about 21 seconds.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »
I dont know about an Iphone, but a replacement battery for just about any other phone takes about 21 seconds.

Dunno how  Benny will deal with the Scoop withdrawals in that time.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 05:17:53 PM »
Dunno how  Benny will deal with the Scoop withdrawals in that time.

Suppose I’ll have to use the iPad. 

I promise to disinfect it before posting anything. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 06:28:04 AM »

I have a buddy who works at Central Battery Replacement.....in Langley, Virginia!
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
According to macrumors, it takes "hours" if they have the battery in stock:

If the Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider has replacement batteries in stock, the process should be completed within hours, allowing you to walk out with your iPhone on the same day.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/03/how-to-get-29-dollar-iphone-battery-replacement/

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 01:50:18 PM »
According to macrumors, it takes "hours" if they have the battery in stock:

If the Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider has replacement batteries in stock, the process should be completed within hours, allowing you to walk out with your iPhone on the same day.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/03/how-to-get-29-dollar-iphone-battery-replacement/

Apple is such a joke...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L9NXKlQbrg

Thats for a "non" removeable battery/case. IT takes around 15 seconds if it is a removeable case.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 02:04:20 PM »
Apple is such a joke...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L9NXKlQbrg

Thats for a "non" removeable battery/case. IT takes around 15 seconds if it is a removeable case.

I've replaced two iPad screens and two iPhone batteries before, so I'm no stranger to the process... but for $29, I'd rather let someone else do it if it means I can have the phone back within an hour or two; otherwise, I'll do it myself.  What I don't want to do is take it in to an Apple Store, pay the $29 and then have to wait around until closing only to be told to come back tomorrow (or in a couple days).

In any event, the lack of any clarity or testimonial from someone who's been through it couples with the conflicting information on the web is going to have me placing an order with phonepartsusa.com later today.

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 03:37:11 PM »
Does the offer apply to the Iphone SE which uses the 6 plus processor.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 05:06:14 PM »
Apple says it applies to "iPhone 6 or later."  https://www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/

The 6 was first released in 2014 and the SE in 2016, so I think the SE would be included.  I hope that's right, because I have the SE....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 12:59:20 PM »
I broke my Samsung S7, so I've been using my wife's old iPhone 5s until I get a chance to upgrade again in a few months.

The biggest problem with this old phone is the battery was shot. Yesterday, I remembered about this $29 Apple program ... only to look it up and see it had to be an iPhone 6 or newer. But I then did a little googling and discovered that I could get the battery replaced at our local Mobile Bling store for $29.99.

Took it there yesterday. He got it done in less than 10 minutes. I took the phone off the charger this morning at 9. Normally it would have gone dead by now but it says the battery still has 95% life left.

As Marv would say: Yessss!

BTW, their online special price is $39. But when I looked at yelp for a list of possible places to get it done, they have a quote service. I filled it out and got responses from 3 places within just a few minutes. Mobile Bling and another were offering it for $29.99; the third wanted $59. So I went to Bling, which is closest to me anyway. So far so good.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson