[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Joey Hauser Enrolling this Semester to MU  (Read 27226 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Joey Hauser Enrolling this Semester to MU
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2018, 12:14:35 PM »
Of course the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while.

And he enrolled in 2018.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2018, 12:14:54 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_OlGTKDqis

Dodds posted this.   Stevens Point vs Champlin Park.   High school highlights of Joey, Sam, and Theo.    Mostly Sam.    But Joey as a soph was matched up against Theo.   
1. Sam did not treat Theo well throughout that game, except for one or two possessions where the opposite was true.
2. I didn't recall that JP Macura played for SPASH.  (Number 20)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
It also tells me how comfortable the Hausers are with Wojo.  The Hauser's are the quintessential Wisconsin HS sports family.  Having them in our corner can go a long way.  We all joke about Hiroshima / SLU here...but Badger Hiroshima / SLU may have been the day Bo asked Sam to wait.

Hope that massage was a good one.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2018, 01:08:47 PM »
It also tells me how comfortable the Hausers are with Wojo.  The Hauser's are the quintessential Wisconsin HS sports family.  Having them in our corner can go a long way.  We all joke about Hiroshima / SLU here...but Badger Hiroshima / SLU may have been the day Bo asked Sam to wait.
What a difference from the Ellensons.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2018, 01:43:29 PM »
What a difference from the Ellensons.

The Ellensons were the ultimate millennial/helicopter parents. While you had to take Henry Ellenson, I will argue for years to come the Henry set back the rebuild program by at least a year.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2018, 01:54:55 PM »
But it's all smoke and mirrors, hey?
Goal is National Championship

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2018, 02:14:39 PM »
The Ellensons were the ultimate millennial/helicopter parents. While you had to take Henry Ellenson, I will argue for years to come the Henry set back the rebuild program by at least a year.

Even if that's true (and I don't think it is), landing a McD's AA and putting him in the NBA after a year is worth way more in future recruiting/program building dividends, especially at that point in Wojo's tenure.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2018, 02:18:26 PM »

Hindsight is 20/20 if Belmont and Depaul don't beat us in the closing seconds then we're all saying Henry put that team on his back and carried us to the tournament and it was definitely worth it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2018, 02:26:42 PM »
Even if that's true (and I don't think it is), landing a McD's AA and putting him in the NBA after a year is worth way more in future recruiting/program building dividends, especially at that point in Wojo's tenure.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have taken him, but in reality we could have had the current season last season if we didn't have Ellenson. Not saying that's reason not to take him but the combination of overhype and roster turnover put us behind the power curve of a rebuild in the outlying years from Ellenson.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2018, 02:29:14 PM »
I'm not saying we shouldn't have taken him, but in reality we could have had the current season last season if we didn't have Ellenson. Not saying that's reason not to take him but the combination of overhype and roster turnover put us behind the power curve of a rebuild in the outlying years from Ellenson.

I mean...last season wasn't all bad. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2018, 02:36:40 PM »
He is the very same poster pushing the hardest on the "Herro's academics weren't good enough to get in" canard.  Whatever lies you need to tell yourself I guess.

Might be the biggest joke among UW posters, and that's really saying something. Blocked me on Twitter recently because I called him out on some stupidity. The guy really doesn't seem to know anything about UW sports or basketball in general.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »
Has anybody thought about the outrageous high scoring of next year's team with the addition of lights out shooters Joey and Brendon. We will see scores in the 100s commonly.  Yahoo!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2018, 03:58:31 PM »
I mean...last season wasn't all bad.

Not saying it was, but last year could have been better if we had less youth which the Ellenson one and done forced last year to be.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2018, 04:14:28 PM »

Landing Ellenson gave Wojo and MU credibility.  It was well worth it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2018, 04:19:32 PM »
Has anybody thought about the outrageous high scoring of next year's team with the addition of lights out shooters Joey and Brendon. We will see scores in the 100s commonly.  Yahoo!

Where's the evidence that both are "lights out" shooters?

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2018, 04:19:44 PM »
Not saying it was, but last year could have been better if we had less youth which the Ellenson one and done forced last year to be.

This is a myth, IMO. We had 4 seniors and a junior (4th year) that logged significant minutes. Sure we played 2 freshmen a bunch but those guys are studs. We really were not that young at all.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2018, 04:22:00 PM »

I literally think about it most of my waking moments

1318WWells

• Starter
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2018, 04:51:05 PM »

Ellenson one and done became Reinhardt so we actually got older quicker.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2018, 10:40:10 PM »

And the day Wojo's fortunes changed to the positive.  One decision impacted the differing trajectories of the two programs significantly.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2018, 11:16:23 PM »
And the day Wojo's fortunes changed to the positive.  One decision impacted the differing trajectories of the two programs significantly.

This sounds like the plot of a made-for-TV movie:

All About Sam

The first 15 minutes goes into exactly what happened: Bo telling Sam to wait, Sam going to Marquette, and all that followed during Sam's freshman year.

The next 15 minutes tells how a freshman Sam helped the Badgers.

The next 15 minutes advances the story, with Sam now a sophomore and Marquette getting the commitment from Joey.

The next 15 minutes advances the Sam-to-UW story, with Joey following him there.

Etc, etc., until Sam caps his senior season (and Joey's soph campaign) by cutting down the nets at the Final Four while wearing Marquette blue and gold.

Flash to the Grinch drooling on himself and muttering, "The massage wasn't worth it! The massage wasn't worth it!"

I'd like to thank my great cast and crew, my talented director, my lovely wife, and all the little people who believed in me!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2018, 05:47:55 AM »
This semester, Joey is only taking the easy classes.

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2018, 07:54:32 AM »

Bailey might not be lights out. He shot a percentage in the low 30s from 3 in high school

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2018, 08:40:17 AM »
Hindsight is 20/20 if Belmont and Depaul don't beat us in the closing seconds then we're all saying Henry put that team on his back and carried us to the tournament and it was definitely worth it.

Do we think those two as wins take us from a non-NIT team to a NCAA tournament team?  I don't.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2018, 08:41:07 AM »
This semester, Joey is only taking the easy classes.
He enrolled at UNC?
Goal is National Championship

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2018, 09:00:46 AM »
Do we think those two as wins take us from a non-NIT team to a NCAA tournament team?  I don't.

Objectively speaking do you think a 22-11 team tied for 6th in the BE with 4 wins against NCAA teams and 2 decent wins against NIT teams gets left out? I don't

we'll never know but I'm just pointing out billy Garrett misses a free throw and we don't choke against Belmont it's a different tune about Henry's year.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:12:01 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam