2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

[Paint Touches] Shaka reaffirms MU commitment by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 15, 2024, 07:07:35 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Angel delgado  (Read 10576 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Angel delgado
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 12:59:33 PM »
It may have been on that same side of the court, but on the broadcast Desi Rodriguez was jawing at someone in the first row under the basket.  Anyone know what that was about?  On tv, DR kept saying "what did you say? What dis you say?"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 01:02:37 PM »
You know, I was thinking last night while watching the game that something seems different about Delgado. 

I really didn't like him for the last couple of years.  I don't know if it's because we were comfortably winning or because he wasn't totally dominating the game physically, but I actually enjoyed watching him probably for the first time.  Despite how the game was going he seemed to be talking it up with some of our guys and seemed a much more likable player.

Ive always like Angel.  Smart, tough player.  #Thething was funny.  I always looked forward to Duane Wilson jawing at Angel and Angel would just laugh.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2018, 09:29:59 PM »
on his way out through the tunnel at game's end, some kid was jawing at him and Delgado yanked his jacket pretty hard, nearly pulled the kid down...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd0cqLkhipm/

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2018, 09:33:08 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2018, 10:26:50 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd0cqLkhipm/

That definitely confirms the story. Though when I was picturing it I was thinking the kid was higher up in the bleachers
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 11:37:40 PM »
That definitely confirms the story. Though when I was picturing it I was thinking the kid was higher up in the bleachers

I don?t see him yanking the jacket.  He should wear something not so baggy.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 11:50:36 PM »
I don?t see him yanking the jacket.  He should wear something not so baggy.

I guess you don't see it explicitly, but you see him walk past the kid, reach out with his hand, and then a millisecond after his hand is no longer in view you see the kid get pulled backwards by the coat.
TAMU

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2018, 12:19:35 AM »
I guess you don't see it explicitly, but you see him walk past the kid, reach out with his hand, and then a millisecond after his hand is no longer in view you see the kid get pulled backwards by the coat.

Lame

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2018, 12:29:05 AM »

I really didn't like him for the last couple of years.  I don't know if it's because we were comfortably winning or because he wasn't totally dominating the game physically,

We were 1-4 against SH in 2015-2017. The one game we won was in ot. And Delgado dominated all 5 games physically. Had 19 rebounds in one. Maybe you're thinking of somebody else.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2018, 12:34:43 AM »
Indeed upon further review, Delgado had a double- double in all 5 games we played them in 2015-2017. And, he had a double-double Tuesday night so that's 6 out of 6.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2018, 06:18:29 AM »
We were 1-4 against SH in 2015-2017. The one game we won was in ot. And Delgado dominated all 5 games physically. Had 19 rebounds in one. Maybe you're thinking of somebody else.
I was referring to the game we just won.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 06:30:07 AM »
That definitely confirms the story.
Did you mean for that to be teal?  The video shows that no one was jawing, rather the kid had his hand out for a high five. Then he pulls the ancient fake handshake straighten my hair move.

The video shows the kid deserved it, plus even the kid was laughing at it as the video cuts off.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 07:11:00 AM »
Did you mean for that to be teal?  The video shows that no one was jawing, rather the kid had his hand out for a high five. Then he pulls the ancient fake handshake straighten my hair move.

The video shows the kid deserved it, plus even the kid was laughing at it as the video cuts off.

Yeah that's how I saw it too. And almost like Delgado thought it was kinda funny and played along, just givin' the kid some sh*t back.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 07:33:28 AM »
Like I said, I saw the whole thing. 
Admitted not knowing if the kid was jawing or what-
AD walking out reaches and grabbed the kids jacket from the tunnel side, pulling it down fairly hard. 
Whether in frustration or in jest, I wouldn?t know his intentions. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2018, 07:50:06 AM »

? It confirms the story that Delgado yanked the kid's jacket. It doesn't matter whether or not the kid "deserved" it or not. Athletes aren't allowed to make physical contact with fans. If I was Willard and saw this I would chew Delgado out for risking a possible suspension because a kid pulled the fake high five move.
TAMU

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2018, 07:52:36 AM »
? It confirms the story that Delgado yanked the kid's jacket. It doesn't matter whether or not the kid "deserved" it or not. Athletes aren't allowed to make physical contact with fans. If I was Willard and saw this I would chew Delgado out for risking a possible suspension because a kid pulled the fake high five move.

Willard sold his soul for that class to save his job I don?t think he has the guts to sit one of them
Maigh Eo for Sam

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 07:55:57 AM »
He should wear something not so baggy.

Shouldn't the real story here be that the more horrid parts of 90's fashion is back.  Should I get my mock collars and blousy silk shirts out of storage?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 08:00:56 AM »
Willard sold his soul for that class to save his job I don?t think he has the guts to sit one of them

True. Did you see the story about Sanogo this season? Was suspended for a game for violation of team rules and rumor was that he wasn't coming back because it was the final straw. The other seniors supposedly sat down with Willard and convinced him to give Sanogo another chance. The media has been covering it as this story about great teammates looking out for each other. But we don't what Sanogo did. Maybe the proper response was to bench him for the rest of the season.
TAMU

The Process

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2018, 08:01:44 AM »
Jamil's girl, maybe?

Speaking of, did I miss the thread around this TMZ-broken news?
Relax. Respect the Process.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2018, 08:03:49 AM »
True. Did you see the story about Sanogo this season? Was suspended for a game for violation of team rules and rumor was that he wasn't coming back because it was the final straw. The other seniors supposedly sat down with Willard and convinced him to give Sanogo another chance. The media has been covering it as this story about great teammates looking out for each other. But we don't what Sanogo did. Maybe the proper response was to bench him for the rest of the season.

Sounds about right. Could you imagine if Whitehead was still with the team? Willard would be tied to the bench with duct tape over his mouth
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2018, 08:29:14 AM »

I'd tell him not to do it again and move on.  No one is getting suspended over that.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2018, 09:02:51 AM »

I'd tell him not to do it again and move on.  No one is getting suspended over that.

Agreed, it would be a tragic suspension

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2018, 09:14:26 AM »

While it confirms Delgado made contact with his jacket, it doesn't confirm he yanked it.  Delgado was going to give the baggy jacket wearing bro a casual high five... he wasn't being aggressive about it, wasn't strong-arming it.  But without BJWB's hand to apply Newton's second law, Delgado - not having quite the reaction time as an 8-core fansite server processor - was involuntarily placed into a situation where BJWB's jacket was next in line for contact.  Before he could even react, Delgado's hand might have got caught in BJWB's jacket pocket, or on the 2016 lift ticket twang from Vail that was attached to his jacket.  Who knows... but what is plainly seen here is that we could plainly not see what Delgado's hand did after BJWB pulled the rug out.

Put it this way... if this were an instant replay clip, the ref could go under the hood for 10 minutes and yet whatever the call was on the field would inevitably stand.

Whether or not Delgado is a putz, let's not start a witch hunt for something that may very well be as much fault of BJWB.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2018, 09:21:54 AM »

Probably not, but the NCAA does not like athletes getting physical with fans in any way. There is no reason for an athlete to make contact with a fan ever. Unnecessary risk.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:25:45 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 09:26:10 AM »
I wouldn't be so sure. NCAA does not like athletes getting physical with fans in any way. There is no reason for an athlete to make contact with a fan ever. Unnecessary risk.

Nothing would surprise me from the NCAA, but the path you are laying out would be a complete over-reaction.  Including Willard saying anything more than - 'that could have ended poorly, be smart'