Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall jumps 8 spots  (Read 6511 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Seton Hall jumps 8 spots
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 04:21:02 PM »
Meh, I guess that's true, but the MU roster structure is basically the same as it was last year from a match-up perspective. It's not like Luke was some sort of force that was able to contain Delgado.

Also -- just looked at the boxscore from the loss @ Seton Hall last year. Cheatham played 29 min, 0-5 fg, 2 reb, 2 asst, 0 pts. Woof.

Did you see his box in the win against Seton Hall?

17 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 turnover. Woof (good woof)

Luke was big offensively in both games and in the game we won somehow badgered Delgado into a bad shooting night. He went 3/12 from the floor....but also grabbed 13 offensive boards. I think at least 7 of those were him rebounding his own miss.

Markus had big games in both regular season matchups. Let's hope he's feeling it again.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 04:44:19 PM »
Even before the season, I felt that SHU was out worst matchup and would likely smoke us.

It would be a very sweet win.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 04:45:53 PM »
Welp.
Theo just got called for a foul on Delgado during tonight's team walkthrough.
Let's hope Heldt can make it through warmups tomorrow without getting one.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 04:47:59 PM »

Luke was big offensively in both games and in the game we won somehow badgered Delgado into a bad shooting night. He went 3/12 from the floor....but also grabbed 13 offensive boards. I think at least 7 of those were him rebounding his own miss.

Markus had big games in both regular season matchups. Let's hope he's feeling it again.

That wasn't meant to be a commentary on Hannif as a whole, just noticed the ugly stat line in the loss. I liked Hannif and thought he was somewhat of a "glue guy".

My whole point here, was that they were also a terrible match-up for us last year, and we played 3 competitive games against the Hall. I don't see a reason why we wouldn't be competitive against them this year.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 05:05:27 PM »
No way we should lose to the likes of Seton Hall....especially not on our home court.
"The likes of Seton Hall" is ranked 13th nationally.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 05:22:24 PM »

I'd jump for unnatural carnal knowledgeing joy if we get to their level in the next few years. "The likes of Seton Hall" are currently 3-0 in conference.

source?

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 06:43:40 PM »

You are responding to the poster who last season started a thread titled "fire wojo." In the third year of his contract...an NCAA tournament year for us. Don't waste your time.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2018, 06:54:27 PM »
I'm not worried at all about foul trouble tonight.

>: ;D

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2018, 06:55:40 PM »

Perhaps we can get that from Sacar's and Jamil's combined stats.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2018, 09:16:49 PM »
Better be ready to scratch and claw tomorrow - limit turnovers , try to force some and work for open shots and we have a good chance - may need an X factor like Cain or Harry to pull it out tho

🏀

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2018, 09:36:20 PM »
I'd jump for unnatural carnal knowledgeing joy if we get to their level in the next few years. "The likes of Seton Hall" are currently 3-0 in conference.

I do not believe you'll be saying this next season.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2018, 10:07:08 PM »
Seton Hall will be a nice resume win for us. Having 15 fouls against Del Gado is a big plus for us. Rowsey is going to have a big game.

On our way to 3rd in the Big East and 2nd week of tournament .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2018, 10:15:19 PM »

They won't be when we're finished with them.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2018, 10:24:07 PM »
You are responding to the poster who last season started a thread titled "fire wojo." In the third year of his contract...an NCAA tournament year for us. Don't waste your time.

Cool. You remember.  Then you should also remember I took it back because I was wrong.  I was just mad at all the recent losses to Seton Hall.  Their fans are jerks who threaten to beat up teenage girls holding Marquette signs.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 11:40:32 PM »
I know Rutgers has improved this season (they're 11-6) but they're still not a "good" team. They lost to Stony Brook and Hartford, among others.

Yet they beat Seton Hall ... even though Delgado pulled down 21 rebs.

SH shot 41% from the field, 30% from 3 and 55% on FT and committed 18 TO to 8 by Rutgers.

Rutgers won even though they shot only 34%, including 25% from 3, largely because they matched SH's rebounding.

We probably won't match that rebounding ... OK, no probably about it ... but we also probably will shoot a little better than 25% from 3.

I know that game has nothing to do with ours; just saying SH is hardly invincible. They lost to Rhode Island, too.

We got this!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 11:44:28 PM »
#1 Villanova
#5 (tie) Purdue
#5 (tie) Wichita State
#10 Xavier
#13 Seton Hall

By Wednesday, Marquette will have played half of the current top 6, 4 of the current top 10, and 5 of the current top 13 teams in the country.

Anyone wondering why J5 and I keep saying that 9-9 Big East gets Marquette in...dis is a big reason why. Really tough schedule this season.

SoS is good and will help RPI, but at the end of the day, if we got 0-fer against all those top teams, it's not going to impress anyone on the committee. It's always nice to have some top 10 games in the schedule, but I've got to think wins against a top 50 team help more than a loss to a top 10, especially if any of those wins can come on the road.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 11:53:14 PM »
SoS is good and will help RPI, but at the end of the day, if we got 0-fer against all those top teams, it's not going to impress anyone on the committee. It's always nice to have some top 10 games in the schedule, but I've got to think wins against a top 50 team help more than a loss to a top 10, especially if any of those wins can come on the road.

Meh.

It depends

Lose to the elite that help boost our RPI and SOS

And then collect wins against the likes of fellow bubble teams LSU, Vermont, Providence etc.. and we'd be tough to leave out.

So basically if we still finish strong against the likes of Butler, Creighton and Providence we are probably alright anyways.

But yeah, wouldn't be ideal to go 0-6 vs the top 3.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 02:16:51 AM »
Out of all the big east ranked teams, I think Seton Hall is the most likely to be won.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 03:08:32 AM »
Cool. You remember.  Then you should also remember I took it back because I was wrong.  I was just mad at all the recent losses to Seton Hall.  Their fans are jerks who threaten to beat up teenage girls holding Marquette signs.

Can't agree more,  I live in NJ, feel reluctant to wear MU signage at SH, but I do.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2018, 03:15:52 AM »
Seton Hall will be a nice resume win for us. Having 15 fouls against Del Gado is a big plus for us. Rowsey is going to have a big game.

We have more than 15 fouls to give, just let's make them count.

Oh, and let's get off to a good start this time.  Coach is right, at V we were on the ropes after the first 2 min..  Start strong from the opening bell, finish strong.  At V we won the second half, now lets win the first 5 min. of the game.

I expect the learning curve, the real learning curve technology not the buzz word, will kick in this week.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 07:37:35 AM »
Meh.

It depends

Lose to the elite that help boost our RPI and SOS

And then collect wins against the likes of fellow bubble teams LSU, Vermont, Providence etc.. and we'd be tough to leave out.

So basically if we still finish strong against the likes of Butler, Creighton and Providence we are probably alright anyways.

But yeah, wouldn't be ideal to go 0-6 vs the top 3.

But the big question is:

How much will you give each of us if MU beats SH tonight?!?!?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 07:58:37 AM »
Perhaps we can get that from Sacar's and Jamil's combined stats.

Would be huge if Jamil plays for us tonight

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 08:09:17 AM »
Since Jamil just signed with the Lakers, lets up JAMAL steps up tonight. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 09:46:14 AM »

The last 10 or so teams in the field are judged against other teams in that realm.  Most of those teams will have bad losses, some horrific.  A few may have a top 10 win, but most won't.  MU can go 0-6 against Nova, X and SH and still make the tournament.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 10:04:43 AM »

This really does feel like a game that could show how the season is going to go.  Win this and the top 3 thing may be realistic.  Lose it and it probably isn't.