[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "Be a Student" tix question  (Read 4893 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
"Be a Student" tix question
« on: December 26, 2017, 05:09:16 PM »
Decided to "be a student" for the X game tomorrow.  Anyone have a sense of how many real students are around over break?  Also, anyone know how early they let students in?  I used to be able to brave standing around in sub-zero temps to get into games, but these days I'd like to just get in, and also hopefully still get in the lower bowl.

fjm

• All American
Re: "Be a Student" tix question
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »
Decided to "be a student" for the X game tomorrow.  Anyone have a sense of how many real students are around over break?  Also, anyone know how early they let students in?  I used to be able to brave standing around in sub-zero temps to get into games, but these days I'd like to just get in, and also hopefully still get in the lower bowl.
it's X... So expect a few more students, but I'll tell you right now, I went to the last two games, there couldn't have been more than 100-200 students at either game.

Also was still a student last year, they allow you in 1 hr before tip off.
you will be so far into the lower bowl tomorrow, you'll likely think you're in the wrong section.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »
Speaking of which, they should let us fill the lower bowl in tomorrow as much as possible for tomorrows game. I'll be in the upper deck, mid court. but lower court would be outstanding.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 05:26:42 PM »
Thanks.  I plan to get there just over an hour before the game - hopefully that gets me into a lower bowl section.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 05:27:33 PM »
Thanks.  I plan to get there just over an hour before the game - hopefully that gets me into a lower bowl section.

Ummm, I literally think you can get there 30 min before and still be about 15 rows back, tops.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »

You can be there 10 minutes before to get lower bowl.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »
There may be a couple 100. Not an insane amount of students come from MKE area, and even less are interested in basketball, and even less are interested without their friends/after parties.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 07:30:59 PM »
Thanks all.

We got this.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 08:06:26 PM »
No, you're not actually enrolled at the university now.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »
On a different note you can buy, a single game ticket "be a student" for $15 for Xavier and $20 for Georgetown on Saturday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 10:29:35 PM »
Are all Student tickets General Admission in just the section listed on the ticket?  Or, General Admission for all student sections? 
For example, I will be using a ticket that shows section GA435 (a student section in the upper deck), row GA18 for tomorrow's game.  Does that mean I can sit anywhere in section 435?  sit anywhere in any of the student sections?  or is this really not a General Admission ticket?  Thanks. 

fjm

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 04:57:02 AM »
Are all Student tickets General Admission in just the section listed on the ticket?  Or, General Admission for all student sections? 
For example, I will be using a ticket that shows section GA435 (a student section in the upper deck), row GA18 for tomorrow's game.  Does that mean I can sit anywhere in section 435?  sit anywhere in any of the student sections?  or is this really not a General Admission ticket?  Thanks.

Student section GA tickets don't have a section or row. So while it says an upper deck section, you can walk right in to the lower bowl tonight. Which will be atleast half empty.

Although annoying, sitting behind the band may be an option to get you closest as the other end of the student section fills in quickest.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 09:15:35 AM »
Thanks FJM

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »
Student section GA tickets don't have a section or row. So while it says an upper deck section, you can walk right in to the lower bowl tonight. Which will be atleast half empty.

Although annoying, sitting behind the band may be an option to get you closest as the other end of the student section fills in quickest.

I hope the lower bowl isn't half empty against a top 5 team.  I know its winter break and all, but that would be embarrassing.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 10:14:38 AM »
I hope the lower bowl isn't half empty against a top 5 team.  I know its winter break and all, but that would be embarrassing.
During the Crean days, they would bus kids in form the Chicago area, etc againtst BE teams during the semester break.  The lower bowl would be full.

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 10:20:52 AM »
Need alittle help. I purchased 2 student tickets that were transfered into my account. When i go to view or print them it says There are no actions available for the seats below. How can i view the tickets and print them? I bought them about an hr ago.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »
During the Crean days, they would bus kids in form the Chicago area, etc againtst BE teams during the semester break.  The lower bowl would be full.

Are they not doing this anymore?  Someone needs to tell Wojo about this idea.  Too late for this game, unfortunately, but they should always do this for the BE games that fall over winter break.

Will say this about Crean--one of the things that he did a great job at was getting the students excited and involved, even before Wade and company had us rocking.  I can't tell how much Wojo does from afar, but obviously the vast number of students still seem to be waiting for us to crack the Top 25 to actually show up at games.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »
Did many Chicago area students really take advantage of that?  It's an idea that sounds good but not sure if it really accomplished anything. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 12:20:09 PM »
Need alittle help. I purchased 2 student tickets that were transfered into my account. When i go to view or print them it says There are no actions available for the seats below. How can i view the tickets and print them? I bought them about an hr ago.
call the ticket office
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 12:21:47 PM »
Seton Hall and Georgetown last year during around the same date has had a filled lower student section.
-Bill Walton

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 12:40:35 PM »
I’m doing the ‘Be a Student’ special as well (SO to this site for alerting me about it) and against American last Thursday I got to the game right when the anthem was about to play and got the last baseline general admission seats, right behind the north basket.  Crazy good fortune and low turnout.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 04:24:32 PM »

Can you display them on your phone?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 07:09:25 PM »
Definitely is easy to get into the lower bowl tonight ...even with X in town.  Got here at 6:40 and tons of seats available. Looks like lower might be mostly full by game time.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 07:25:25 PM »
Well,  13 minutes on the warm up clock and the lower bowl of the student section is full.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2017, 09:29:57 AM »
You can buy singles for Georgetown this Saturday in the student section.
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/marquette/EN/buy/details/17BG1230
-Bill Walton