collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Life Expectancy Falls Again, First Consecutive Drop Since 1962-1963  (Read 8992 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Life Expectancy Falls Again, First Consecutive Drop Since 1962-1963
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2017, 09:12:22 AM »
Guy hurt in a car crash in chronic horrible pain.  Doctors afraid to feed his addition because they did not want to lose their license.  Guy resorts to stealing, drug trafficking, and forgery to get pills. 

Convicted and sent to prison.  But in prison, they decided the best course of action to feed his addition to relive him of the pain.  So in prison, he gets exactly what he could not get outside of prison.

So there are cases when feeding the addition might be the best course of action.  Like this guy in constant terrible pain or those with advanced illnesses in the final weeks/months of their life. If becoming a junkie makes them comfortable, doctors helping them should not be punished.

Prisoner Of Pain
How One Man's Quest For Pain Relief Landed Him In Jail
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prisoner-of-pain/

Uh...

No.

Pain management physicians exist for a reason.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2017, 09:29:55 AM »
Uh...
No.

So this did not happen?  60 Minutes made it all up?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2017, 09:31:50 AM »
So this did not happen?  60 Minutes made it all up?

That's not what I said.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2017, 09:54:55 AM »
That's not what I said.

Here is the sum total of what you wrote ...

Uh.... What?

and

Uh...
No.

They key word is "uh" which is not found in the English language and has no definition.  Since you prefer to use words with no definitions, I can interpret any way I want so why are you shocked I'm not following your point?

Try again using your MU education.

words matta
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:00:29 AM by Yukon Cornelius »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »
Here is the sum total of what you wrote ...

Uh.... What?

and

Uh...
No.

They key word is "uh" which is not found in the English language and has no definition.  Since you prefer to use words with no definitions, I can interpret any way I want so why are you shocked I'm not following your point?

Try again using your MU education.

words matta

My point is that there are physicians who can and do provide appropriate, long term/chronic pain medications (sometimes even to addicts) without any fear of losing their license.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2017, 09:32:16 PM »
My point is that there are physicians who can and do provide appropriate, long term/chronic pain medications (sometimes even to addicts) without any fear of losing their license.

The 60 minutes story said these physicians experience sky high melpractice insurance, constant investigations by the FBI and medical boards.  They portrayed pain management practices as awful and consequently there are few of them.

Is this correct?