Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Take the win and run against NIU thoughts  (Read 13160 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: Take the win and run against NIU thoughts
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2017, 10:41:24 AM »
Sacar has fine form on his jumper. Good release point, it looks fluid. Results haven't been there.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2017, 11:05:15 AM »
People "believe" Sacar has the talent, think they recall teammates saying his once poor shot had improved or think he had a rep as a streak shooter in high school. Meaningless. His form and his history (including his recent history) say he's a decidedly below average 3 point shooter on a great 3 point shooting team. I'd rather have Rowsey throwing up the off balance. left handed, give me 3 free throws shot than Sacar shooting an open 3. Why? Because he makes 'em at a better %

Defenses behave differently if they know a player will never attempt a 3pt shot.
See Wilson, Derrick.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2017, 11:14:55 AM »
People "believe" Sacar has the talent, think they recall teammates saying his once poor shot had improved or think he had a rep as a streak shooter in high school.

One Quibble here. Your assumption that my comment was based on what Teammates said is wrong.  I think you're good, but not to the mind reading level.

No my comment was based on his HS performance 4 Championships and Mr Basketball of MN.  These to me are evident he has the talent offensively which has not been focused as much as the Defensive end.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2017, 11:22:59 AM »
>Wojo not pleased with the offensive flow.
>The rebounding effort was substandard to say the least, letting NIU in the game.
>Seemed like German walked on just about every play. Thought the trap slowed him down and allowed MU to build their cushion.
>Hope Andrew's knee checks out with the MRI. Curtains if he is out.
>Continue to like the freshmen minutes.
>Sam does not make many errors.  Markus still made it happen on not his best shooting night--that is what stars do.
>Late arriving but pretty good turnout, especially with students gone. So, is MU really going to put students courtside?  Will be a ghost town for the break Big East games.

Huh?

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2017, 11:30:41 AM »
Defenses behave differently if they know a player will never attempt can make a 3pt shot.
See Wilson, Derrick.
Big difference
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2017, 11:32:42 AM »
People "believe" Sacar has the talent, think they recall teammates saying his once poor shot had improved or think he had a rep as a streak shooter in high school. Meaningless. His form and his history (including his recent history) say he's a decidedly below average 3 point shooter on a great 3 point shooting team. I'd rather have Rowsey throwing up the off balance. left handed, give me 3 free throws shot than Sacar shooting an open 3. Why? Because he makes 'em at a better %

Everyone would rather have Rowsey shoot.  That doesn't preclude Sacar from shooting as well.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »
Huh?
Did you miss that thread about new tix prices / sitting in new arena?
Goal is National Championship

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »

The dude has shot 11 threes. A little large sample size is warranted before completely dismissing his ability to hit a wide open three.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.