'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:02:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger Hate Week  (Read 86559 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Badger Hate Week
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2018, 07:23:39 PM »
That’s great for them...but it would still have no impact on the game if the MU fans lose our focus. Hell, half of us could lose a kidney and it still wouldn’t impact the game a bit.

Home court advantage is a thing.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2018, 10:21:16 PM »
Yes because when fans lose focus, the team does.

Can confirm. When my wife and I talkes about trivial things like dinner plans we did worse against kstate. But when I focused my cheering we held a 15 pt lead.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2018, 12:12:49 PM »
So what are the key objectives to securing this win? Markus isn't going to be able to shoulder to load every game. My thoughts are below.

1. Keep a steady rotation of Morrow, Theo, Heldt, and maybe Joey pressuring Happ, we need to wear him down.
2. We can't double team Happ because he is a fantastic passer and will find the open guy.
3. We need Sam to be dialed in.
4. Markus needs to play within the flow of the game (did a great job of this against K-state)
5. Keep our hands/forearms down, we know Becky will flop.

Thoughts?

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »
So what are the key objectives to securing this win? Markus isn't going to be able to shoulder to load every game. My thoughts are below.

1. Keep a steady rotation of Morrow, Theo, Heldt, and maybe Joey pressuring Happ, we need to wear him down.
2. We can't double team Happ because he is a fantastic passer and will find the open guy.
4. Markus needs to play within the flow of the game (did a great job of this against K-state)

Thoughts?

Keep Trice off the 3 point line.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2018, 12:33:53 PM »
Don't worry if Theo and Ed foul out, unless it is early. We will need them to play aggressive and hope for a few calls to go against Happ. I will gladly trade those 10 fouls for 4 fouls by Happ and know that Markus can draw a few on him as well

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2018, 12:36:37 PM »

Thoughts?

Happ also turns the ball over against double teams.  When Iverson and Reuvers are in, use Sam and Joey to double team.  Change up when and where the double team come from.

When Ford and another shooter comes in off the bench, no double teams.

Zero help off Trice.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »
Personally, I love the match up for MU. Given MU's half court defense, if Bucky wants to slow it down and make it a half court game I love that. Given our size other than Markus(who still plays big) their guards posting up shouldn't be as much of a concern as years past.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2018, 12:48:54 PM »

Thoughts?
#5. Agree. If Markus gets one of these early and one up top on D....that maybe a recipe that will be detrimental to our success.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »
#5. Agree. If Markus gets one of these early and one up top on D....that maybe a recipe that will be detrimental to our success.

Hey!  This is supposed to be a fun thread with insults and hilarious memes!  No strategy crap!
Have some patience, FFS.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2018, 01:07:13 PM »
Personally, I love the match up for MU. Given MU's half court defense, if Bucky wants to slow it down and make it a half court game I love that. Given our size other than Markus(who still plays big) their guards posting up shouldn't be as much of a concern as years past.

I don’t see it. And I’m usually very optimistic but I rewatched the Kstate game and we played really well. But also, Bucky is KILLING it from 3 lately. And Kstate had plenty and plenty of open 3 looks. If they hit 40% like we know UW can we could be in for big trouble.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2018, 01:10:59 PM »
Hey!  This is supposed to be a fun thread with insults and hilarious memes!  No strategy crap!

Sorry. Guess this thread is a bigger flop than Davison.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2018, 01:14:14 PM »
Teams that have the length and quickness to extend the defense, and come at Markus off the high ball screens have taken MU out of their flow. Specifically IU, and KSU in the first 10 mins. I don't think UW has that capability.

That said, I worry about their shooters getting hot if MU doubles the post. Should be a tight game, but one I expect UW will eek out.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:16:13 PM by MUfan12 »

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2018, 01:14:42 PM »
I was the high bidder on the "fly your flag on the school flagpole for a week" auction item at my kids' school fundraiser this year.  The MU flag is flying proudly this week in the middle of Badger country.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2018, 01:16:39 PM »
I was the high bidder on the "fly your flag on the school flagpole for a week" auction item at my kids' school fundraiser this year.  The MU flag is flying proudly this week in the middle of Badger country.

This guy gets it.

Well done.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2018, 01:20:48 PM »
I don’t see it. And I’m usually very optimistic but I rewatched the Kstate game and we played really well. But also, Bucky is KILLING it from 3 lately. And Kstate had plenty and plenty of open 3 looks. If they hit 40% like we know UW can we could be in for big trouble.

But I also have to think part of the gameplan was to concede some of those 3s since KSU is an abysmal 3P shooting team.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2018, 01:24:22 PM »
But I also have to think part of the gameplan was to concede some of those 3s since KSU is an abysmal 3P shooting team.

KS was shooting 30% from 3 prior to the MU game.  So not great. Tho in one game they shot 50%. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2018, 01:41:20 PM »
Clip from a song recorded by some UW students entitled "That Ass was Fat"

Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2018, 01:45:13 PM »

Maybe an assumption on my part, but that was part of the game plan because KSU does not shoot it well from 3. I think we throw Theo, Morrow, and Heldt(who did a good job against Happ last year) at Happ one on one and stay with the shooters and I think we can limit Bucky's offense. When Happ's out, double from the weakside.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GrimmReaper33

• Starter
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »

I'm not sure I agree with this take- that slowing it down works in our favor.  UW will certainly slow it down, that's what they've done for the last 20+ years.  Our defense is certainly better this year but let's not act like we're Virginia or Michigan here.

I definitely would not double Happ.  He's too good of a passer and will find the open shooter or cutter.  You're better off to just guard him one on one and live with the fouls, and make him earn it at the FT line.  From what I've seen of UW this year Trice and Happ have been good in the pick and roll which worries me some because we have had trouble stopping that in the past.

I think UW will have trouble guarding Howard- like pretty much everyone.  Trice is OK defensively and pretty quick, but he's small and not a crazy type athlete.  It will be a very competitive game, I think.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:50:11 PM by GrimmReaper33 »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2018, 03:51:50 PM »

Thoughts?

Offense: Drive, drive, drive. Go inside at Happ. He's fouled out twice and had 3+ fouls in each of their past 5 games. Ed, Theo, Sam, and Joey can all draw fouls on him if they are aggressive.  If Howard gets on Davison, do a start-and-stop to get the dive. Let the refs see it. UW doesn't turn it over much, so don't gamble on steals. Use Chartouny and go for the best look. Make the extra pass. Be patient. Trying to run on this team isn't going to work.

Defense: Single Happ. Force him to beat you one-on-one. And make fouls count. Hit him so that the ball isn't going in the basket. He'll likely miss the FTs anyway. Don't foul guys other than Happ, the rest of them will hurt you at the line. Keep a hand in Trice's face, no one else will consistently beat you from three. Defend for all 30 seconds. Can't get lazy at the end of the shot clock.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2018, 03:58:03 PM »
Hopefully this is one of those games where Pritzl is a complete stiff and not one where he comes off the bench and hits five 3s.  Seems to be one or the other with him.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2018, 04:00:17 PM »
good point on the Happ fouling Brew...didn't know those stats. He is aggressive so Theo might draw that out.

We definitely beat a Happ-less UW (pun not intended but it works :) )

One of the few good things about the Ellenson year was beating UW.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2018, 04:17:43 PM »
good point on the Happ fouling Brew...didn't know those stats. He is aggressive so Theo might draw that out.

We definitely beat a Happ-less UW (pun not intended but it works :) )

One of the few good things about the Ellenson year was beating UW.

Love to see Jamie Luckie come Saturday. Give Happ some Dean Wade treatment.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2018, 05:33:40 PM »
May the Badger hate continue unabated!
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

feedback