Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Xavier-Cincy  (Read 6189 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Xavier-Cincy
« on: December 02, 2017, 11:29:36 AM »
Kantner for Xavier, a grad transfer from UWGB has 11 early and plays good defense at the 4.  Was MU involved, could of really helped and can stroke the 3, so woulda fit right in
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Xavier-Cincy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 01:55:39 PM »
Heard JP Macura and Mick Cronin had a bit of a run in after the game.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:31:26 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 02:05:26 PM »
Heard JP Macura and Mick Cronin had Abby of a run in after the game.

JP being JP apparently
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 03:16:16 PM »
Superbar

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »
JP being JP apparently

People used to to say this about me in college.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 04:46:30 PM »
Saw Mick's presser.

JP is a college student who acts like a d*ck.  I look forward to him graduating.

However, Mick is an experienced college coach.

To me, he is the bigger d*ck for calling out JP in the post game presser. He came across to me as worse than the Bucky fans.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 04:50:35 PM »
Cronins always been a little bitch, he would be better off worrying about his own players and receiving coaching advise as opposed to giving it.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 06:14:33 PM »
Maybe S didn’t wanna play in da sandbox wit K, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 07:29:01 PM »
Mack’s comments about this were what Cronin wishes he said.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 08:29:36 PM »
I love that rivalry.
Catholics vs convicts 2.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 09:01:00 PM »
JP is a competitor on the court, but super nice kid off the court. Inside with X & JP. Eff Cronin
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 11:50:09 PM »
Kantner for Xavier, a grad transfer from UWGB has 11 early and plays good defense at the 4.  Was MU involved, could of really helped and can stroke the 3, so woulda fit right in

Very unlikely.  Why?  Harry Froling.  Same kind of player, bigger rep, more time left in his career, already on campus getting in shape and learning the system.

You could have figured that all out, just think things through before you post.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 07:38:52 PM »
Cronins always been a little bitch, he would be better off worrying about his own players and receiving coaching advise as opposed to giving it.

I agree.  And, like Chris Mack said post-game...be the bigger man.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 08:04:37 PM »
While Cronin is a complete d bag and has been for a while, and completely mishandled this situation, especially in the presser, Mack's teams typically have a couple guys that could certainly use a bit more humility and Mack certainly doesn't seem to try to get that out of his players.  The suspensions he handed down for the brawl with Cincinnati were a complete joke.

Also Macura is a clown.  His ability to score the basketball is well liked by Xavier fans, but from what I've been told students can't stand the guy.  When he's not chirping on the basketball court he can be found pulling his pants down in bars.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 08:46:04 PM »
While Cronin is a complete d bag and has been for a while, and completely mishandled this situation, especially in the presser, Mack's teams typically have a couple guys that could certainly use a bit more humility and Mack certainly doesn't seem to try to get that out of his players.  The suspensions he handed down for the brawl with Cincinnati were a complete joke.

Also Macura is a clown.  His ability to score the basketball is well liked by Xavier fans, but from what I've been told students can't stand the guy.  When he's not chirping on the basketball court he can be found pulling his pants down in bars.

This is the truth.

Mack runs a program that enjoys having guys who live on the edge. But in today's transactional world where morals and ethics are a fleeting thought to drop in favor of braggadocio, X is our renegade program so we must defend it to the hilt. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »
This is the truth.

Mack runs a program that enjoys having guys who live on the edge. But in today's transactional world where morals and ethics are a fleeting thought to drop in favor of braggadocio, X is our renegade program so we must defend it to the hilt.

Mack runs a program that wins games and graduates players. Renegade? LOL. We should be so lucky.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 09:50:52 PM »
Mack runs a program that wins games and graduates players. Renegade? LOL. We should be so lucky.

https://youtu.be/f5BMseYWyZQ

https://youtu.be/5gpS7PSYWcM

Thanks but no thanks. It was enjoyable to be in the arena while we “zipped em up” and Tu Holloway sat on the bench in tears about 8 months prior to that though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 09:20:40 AM »
https://youtu.be/f5BMseYWyZQ

https://youtu.be/5gpS7PSYWcM

Thanks but no thanks. It was enjoyable to be in the arena while we “zipped em up” and Tu Holloway sat on the bench in tears about 8 months prior to that though.

APR has been around for 12 years. Marquette has an average score of 957.5, Xavier's is 969.7. Eliminate our two worst years (2004-5 and 2005-6, scores of 918 and 927) and we're closer, but still short of Xavier's level. Calling them a "renegade program" is intellectually dishonest.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 10:25:43 AM »
APR has been around for 12 years. Marquette has an average score of 957.5, Xavier's is 969.7. Eliminate our two worst years (2004-5 and 2005-6, scores of 918 and 927) and we're closer, but still short of Xavier's level. Calling them a "renegade program" is intellectually dishonest.

Multiple academic issues. Multiple sexual assault issues. Multiple domestic violence issues. Multiple disciplinary issues on the court.

I know you enjoy these types of programs. You certainly miss Buzz running this type of program at Marquette. It's your compromise to make.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 11:47:08 AM »
Multiple academic issues. Multiple sexual assault issues. Multiple domestic violence issues. Multiple disciplinary issues on the court.

I know you enjoy these types of programs. You certainly miss Buzz running this type of program at Marquette. It's your compromise to make.

I've never advocated for bad character guys at MU - but would I take a Maurice Lucas, Larry McNeill, Bob Lackey, Gary Brell, Dwyane Wade or Vander Blue over a really sweet guy like Matt Heldt? Hell, I probably even take a Patrick Hazel or a Ryan Amoroso over Matt. James "Manchild" Mathews? Not so much.

i71_dawg

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 12:52:41 PM »
I've never advocated for bad character guys at MU - but would I take a Maurice Lucas, Larry McNeill, Bob Lackey, Gary Brell, Dwyane Wade or Vander Blue over a really sweet guy like Matt Heldt? Hell, I probably even take a Patrick Hazel or a Ryan Amoroso over Matt. James "Manchild" Mathews? Not so much.

Agreed...Heldt is tough to watch.  Seems like a very nice kid...tries hard...but not a high major big man by any stretch...no athleticism, no quickness, no offense, no rim protection, gets caught 40 feet or more away from the basket all the time, an upperclassman who lacks strength and tends to get pushed around.

I'd take a Jarrod Lovette, or even Richard Shaw (but not John Polonowski) over what we're getting from Heldt.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:54:33 PM by i71_dawg »
MUBB fan for nearly 30 years

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 10:50:50 PM »
The bad blood rivalry between Xavier and Cincy is actually good for the Big East.    It is a good story line for the national press and gives a lot of free publicity.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 11:40:38 PM »
The bad blood rivalry between Xavier and Cincy is actually good for the Big East.    It is a good story line for the national press and gives a lot of free publicity.

It does nothing for the BE (or AAC).

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 07:18:51 AM »
It does nothing for the BE (or AAC).

Couldn’t one argue it helps Xavier’s RPI and this the RPI of the conference?
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 08:17:23 AM »
Couldn’t one argue it helps Xavier’s RPI and this the RPI of the conference?

Nm. Wrong thread. Started my Vermont pregame a little early.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:22:19 AM by cheebs09 »