[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 498811 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #425 on: April 05, 2018, 10:14:46 PM »
Exhibit A.

Yep, going up to Milwaukee to catch a game on a Saturday pegs me as a specific kind of fan.

Wrigley North was in jest. 

What a turd.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #426 on: April 05, 2018, 10:26:59 PM »
Pretty sure Knebel is out a long time. Ugly leg injury.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #427 on: April 05, 2018, 10:33:52 PM »
Pretty sure Knebel is out a long time. Ugly leg injury.

Looked pretty bad. Who steps in as the closer?  Barnes, Hader, Jeffress, Albers.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #428 on: April 05, 2018, 10:37:05 PM »
Looked pretty bad. Who steps in as the closer?  Barnes, Hader, Jeffress, Albers.

From the looks of it, Perez.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #429 on: April 05, 2018, 10:52:13 PM »
Wouldn't have pegged you as anything other than a Saturday night Cubs fan heading up to "Wrigley North."

Is there something wrong with a fan of a team going to see his team play on a weekend 90 miles from their home? Or is there something wrong with calling it Wrigley north? Considering the cubs are 70% of the attendance and the Brewers literally charge more for parking at cubs games I think it's fine to call it the cubs second home.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #430 on: April 05, 2018, 11:16:02 PM »
Is there something wrong with a fan of a team going to see his team play on a weekend 90 miles from their home? Or is there something wrong with calling it Wrigley north? Considering the cubs are 70% of the attendance and the Brewers literally charge more for parking at cubs games I think it's fine to call it the cubs second home.

Shocking.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #431 on: April 05, 2018, 11:55:56 PM »

I think they would be happy to call it their 1st home - at least compared to that dump on Addison.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #432 on: April 06, 2018, 12:18:43 AM »
I think they would be happy to call it their 1st home - at least compared to that dump on Addison.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #433 on: April 06, 2018, 12:19:07 AM »

Straight to disabled list. Hammie. From the looks of it, I am guessing "he gowne ".

🏀

• All American
« Reply #434 on: April 06, 2018, 07:13:06 AM »
Rough crowd last night, maybe 1/2 full.

Sat behind the new netting. Very, very nice. Cannot believe it took this long. You barely notice it. Makes it an issue for the players throwing balls to kids, but that's an easy trade off.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #435 on: April 06, 2018, 10:52:12 AM »
Rough crowd last night, maybe 1/2 full.

I was surprised how empty it was. Official attendance of 24,310 (55% of capacity). I don't think the point of that "Wisconsin residents only" ticket promotion was to have a half-full stadium with Brew fans still outnumbered.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #436 on: April 06, 2018, 11:14:24 AM »
I was surprised how empty it was. Official attendance of 24,310 (55% of capacity). I don't think the point of that "Wisconsin residents only" ticket promotion was to have a half-full stadium with Brew fans still outnumbered.

The whole Wisconsin residents only thing was stupid as hell. At best it made them look petty as crap. At best, they learned how many more Cub fans reside in southern Wisconsin compared to Brewers.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #437 on: April 06, 2018, 11:36:36 AM »
Sat behind the new netting. Very, very nice. Cannot believe it took this long. You barely notice it. Makes it an issue for the players throwing balls to kids, but that's an easy trade off.

Does the netting extend beyond the dugouts now? I'll be sitting in that area tomorrow. Just curious.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #438 on: April 06, 2018, 11:46:29 AM »
There is a bunch of construction on 94 so those coming from out of town might want to head to the stadium a little earlier and figure out which detour to take.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #439 on: April 06, 2018, 12:01:10 PM »

Oof didn't look good. He's a big cat, too, so that's a lot of torque on that hammy.  Same one that seemed to bother him during spring training, so that compounds the pessimism.

I think Hader probably has the best pure stuff of those guys, and would be the favorite to get a bulk of the saves? He and Jennings are the only two lefties in the pen, though, so Counsell will probably still use Hader earlier in games if splits call for it. So where Hader is unavailable, probably Barnes? Jeffress has been pretty inconsistent ever since he was originally traded to Texas.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #440 on: April 06, 2018, 12:11:05 PM »
I think it’s Jeffress. He has been a closer and for whatever reason, he’s a different pitcher when with the Brewers.

I think Hader is too good to just hold off until the ninth. I see them wanting him to be in an Andrew Miller type of role.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #441 on: April 06, 2018, 12:15:04 PM »
WI residents only is for an obvious and very legitimate reason, to keep WI drivers safe. Good for the Brewers.

Not surprising the stadium was half full. People go to Brewers games to tailgate. When there’s a high temperature in the 30s tailgate attendance, and thus game attendance, will be down.

With the Brewers losing 2 in a row, injuries to Yelich and Knebel, and a 35 and sunny forecast for tomorrow maybe we’ll see a rainout in Milwaukee tomorrow if the Brewers struggle again tonight.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #442 on: April 06, 2018, 12:40:22 PM »
WI residents only is for an obvious and very legitimate reason, to keep WI drivers safe. Good for the Brewers.

Not surprising the stadium was half full. People go to Brewers games to tailgate. When there’s a high temperature in the 30s tailgate attendance, and thus game attendance, will be down.

With the Brewers losing 2 in a row, injuries to Yelich and Knebel, and a 35 and sunny forecast for tomorrow maybe we’ll see a rainout in Milwaukee tomorrow if the Brewers struggle again tonight.

You really need some new material.  It would also help if it was funny.  I'm rooting for you!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #443 on: April 06, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »
Lester usually goes through a dead arm period in Spring Training, seems like he's now carrying that into 2018 as he did in 2017. Ultimately, he's going to regress into a 4-5 starter at the end of the contract, I'm fine with that. I think that's how these pitchers should be treated under the current CBA.

Well, Lester's arm certainly didn't fall off. He pretty much stoned the Crew.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #444 on: April 06, 2018, 12:48:05 PM »

I guess I had to start my tailgate early.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #445 on: April 06, 2018, 12:54:25 PM »
Oof didn't look good. He's a big cat, too, so that's a lot of torque on that hammy.  Same one that seemed to bother him during spring training, so that compounds the pessimism.

I think Hader probably has the best pure stuff of those guys, and would be the favorite to get a bulk of the saves? He and Jennings are the only two lefties in the pen, though, so Counsell will probably still use Hader earlier in games if splits call for it. So where Hader is unavailable, probably Barnes? Jeffress has been pretty inconsistent ever since he was originally traded to Texas.

Hader might make sense, though it would obviously detract from his ability to throw multiple innings. If our starting rotation keeps struggling, he might be more valuable as a starter. That said, I'd rather have him as a reliever until he has a reliable third pitch - teams will begin keying on him the 2nd and 3rd times around if he doesn't have an offspeed pitch. He's our best option as a closer in my mind.

As far as balance of lefties, the Brewers are actually pretty lefty-rich. We have Miley and Boone Logan who are rehabbing, plus Jennings. There are options to replace Hader in the pen if that's the route you go.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #446 on: April 06, 2018, 01:12:50 PM »
You really need some new material.  It would also help if it was funny.  I'm rooting for you!

It must be like a little brother syndrome. A lot of brewer fans want to make some huge show with cub fans. I guess they just feel lost because no one actually considers them true rivals.

Like last night they had an interview with brewer players where they explained how electric it felt at Miller when the cubs came to town.

Then you got fans and Wisconsin media pushing this "i94" rivalry. I would say it's worse then the DePaul fans thinking marquette is actually rivals.

Like sorry to break the news wades but we got the cards. That's an actual rivalry.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #447 on: April 06, 2018, 01:41:43 PM »
Hader might make sense, though it would obviously detract from his ability to throw multiple innings. If our starting rotation keeps struggling, he might be more valuable as a starter. That said, I'd rather have him as a reliever until he has a reliable third pitch - teams will begin keying on him the 2nd and 3rd times around if he doesn't have an offspeed pitch. He's our best option as a closer in my mind.

As far as balance of lefties, the Brewers are actually pretty lefty-rich. We have Miley and Boone Logan who are rehabbing, plus Jennings. There are options to replace Hader in the pen if that's the route you go.

From fantasy baseball perspective I'm kind of hoping Fat Albers gets a shot as he's been used in a set up role and Hader and Barnes were both already owned in my leagues. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #448 on: April 06, 2018, 01:47:05 PM »
It must be like a little brother syndrome. A lot of brewer fans want to make some huge show with cub fans. I guess they just feel lost because no one actually considers them true rivals.

Like last night they had an interview with brewer players where they explained how electric it felt at Miller when the cubs came to town.

Then you got fans and Wisconsin media pushing this "i94" rivalry. I would say it's worse then the DePaul fans thinking marquette is actually rivals.

Like sorry to break the news wades but we got the cards. That's an actual rivalry.

I actually think a real rivalry can and should blossom if the Brewers continue to be competitive.  Of course the Cards will always continue to be the #1 true rival but there's no rule saying you can't have more than one.  The atmosphere at Miller is fun when the game sells out, is full of opposing fans, and the teams are competitive. 

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #449 on: April 06, 2018, 02:15:23 PM »

I think a more accurate school would be Wisconsin

feedback