[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Haanif Gone  (Read 42778 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Haanif Gone
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2017, 12:47:24 PM »
Will MU waive ike eke redshirt now?
To replace a wing player? I wouldn't think so.
MU has Anim, Elliot and Cain to fill that role.
Really, of any of the five starters, losing Haanif hurts the least (not that it's at all a good thing ... just the easiest loss to recover from).

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2017, 12:48:05 PM »
My best to Hanni. I'm sorry to see him go and trust that his presence close to his family will have a meaningful impact on whatever issues are of a concern.

We're men and women for others. We understand and we hope that Mr. Cheatham uses what he has learned at MU as a stepping stone to great things in his life.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2017, 12:48:48 PM »
On 11/11 he posted on Instagram a pic of him and heldt that says came in together - going out together-so doesn't sound like he had any idea of transferring two and half weeks ago
Sheet—so Now we wait for the Heldt announcement.  ;)

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2017, 12:49:39 PM »
It is about the minutes and how he was used.....from his perception.

I imagine he believed with the hard work he put in this summer, he had higher expectations.  Remember, these are kids....they go back to their room and play video games after being on national tv.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »
It is about the minutes and how he was used.....from his perception.

Do you know this?  Or is this a guess?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2017, 12:57:16 PM »

Do you know this?  Or is this a guess?

Seriously.  So he burns 66% of his remaining eligibility because of it?  It is so short-sighted I don't buy it.  Plus, the guy is getting 25+ MPG...not sure what else he could ask for.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2017, 12:58:52 PM »
Good luck, young man.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2017, 01:01:02 PM »
Maybe Big Daddy might have more info?
Goal is National Championship

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2017, 01:02:03 PM »
0 surprise, I just expected it after the season.  Sacar and elliot are both better.  Hawaii only confirmed it.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2017, 01:02:33 PM »
Good luck to Haani - he seems like a really nice young man. He'll be missed this year from a depth standpoint, but he's not a starting caliber player on a team with Big East upper echelon/championship aspirations. Hopefully whoever takes his spot will be.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »
Best of luck to Cheatham. I wonder if he'll sit 3 semesters to play a full season elsewhere.

Need to add a guard for next year. This is why I never oppose over signing.  It'll take care of itself.

For this year, Anim starts at the 3 and Elliott gets major minutes of the bench.  Cain can earn more minutes, too. Sam might need to play more 3 after Froling is eligible.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2017, 01:06:45 PM »
Short term:    Baptism by fire for both Elliot and Cain.   Force feed them minutes during the cupcake stretch.   No other choice.   Take the red shirt off of Eke.   Still have the option for next year if it looks like he won't play.   The team needs him now, even if it is for 3-4 minute bursts.    Start working on two-big sets, move Sam to the 3.    Practice zone.   Going to need to slow the game down on defense. 
Long term:   Start recruiting guards.   Multiple.   Assume another departure.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2017, 01:07:47 PM »
0 surprise, I just expected it after the season.  Sacar and elliot are both better.  Hawaii only confirmed it.

The only game where Sacar outplayed him, and where Elliott POSSIBLY outplayed him, was LSU. 

Other than that, Haanif was better in two out of three games - significantly better v. VCU.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2017, 01:09:16 PM »
For all those trying to find a possible reason, sick uncle, lost cat, etc.  plz remember 99.99999% of transfer are related to playingtime/role. 
His roll during winning time was vanishing.  Sacar does everything haanif did but better. 

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2017, 01:10:23 PM »
Disappointing news. I would say if anything we are not quite as good today as we were yesterday.  Don’t think you can overstate the experience he brought to the team. 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2017, 01:10:57 PM »
Short term:    Baptism by fire for both Elliot and Cain.   Force feed them minutes during the cupcake stretch.   No other choice.   Take the red shirt off of Eke.   Still have the option for next year if it looks like he won't play.   The team needs him now, even if it is for 3-4 minute bursts.    Start working on two-big sets, move Sam to the 3.    Practice zone.   Going to need to slow the game down on defense. 

Remove ekes redshirt for the 5? Games until Froling becomes eligible ? 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2017, 01:12:12 PM »
Disappointing news. I would say if anything we are not quite as good today as we were yesterday.  Don’t think you can overstate the experience he brought to the team.

Agree

tower912

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2017, 01:14:39 PM »
Remove ekes redshirt for the 5? Games until Froling becomes eligible ? 

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2017, 01:17:48 PM »

I see this as increasing Cain's playing time and helping our Offense and Rebounding.  He will have a chance to accelerate his development.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2017, 01:18:07 PM »
Sad to see Haanif go. A solid player and a great kid. I hope his personal situation isn’t serious, and he lands where it works best for him.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »

Strongly disagree about this being a reason to remove Eke's redshirt.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2017, 01:19:30 PM »
I thought it was apparent that his minutes would dwindle as the season progressed. His game didn't improve much in his time here and the more inexperienced players started showing flashes of real ability.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2017, 01:20:55 PM »
Best of luck to Haanif.

He will certainly be missed on the court. After 5 games, he's fourth on the team in minutes played, field goals attempts and makes, three-point attempts and makes, points scored and rebounds. Tied for first in steals. Maybe not the rising star we expected after his freshman season, but a solid starter and contributor as a junior.

That's a far different scenario than players such as Traci Carter or Sandy Cohen, who found themselves struggling for playing time at the end of the rotation.

Initially at least, Haanif's departure could be a big blow. Let's hope we see continued development from Sacar, Greg and Jamal.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
Not doing it for the next 5 games.   Going forward as a team, MU should dress 10 every night.   Start running two-big sets.   Play Ike next to Matt or Harry after Theo gets in foul trouble.    Even if it is 5 minutes a game so that somebody can sit with 2 fouls in the first half, it will be worth it.

I don't see much benefit there. If you want to play two bigs, play Heldt and Froling together and push Sam to the wing. Froling is more of a stretch four than a true pivot anyhow.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2017, 01:26:18 PM »
Strongly disagree about this being a reason to remove Eke's redshirt.

I agree, he has not played BB for many years and I think a Red Shirt year would add so much more value to his game.  Just hope we don' need him and keep the RS alive.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust